15-3

6,300 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by t - cam
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We beat
@LSU
Arkansas
@Missouri
@MSU
@OleMiss
Alabama

Only loss is Tennessee

Drink that cool aid
Emilio Fantastico
AG
That should get us to first four out.
WildAggie
Let's just win 'em all!
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
Emilio Fantastico said:

The committee will say that they just can't overlook the 8 game losing streak in 2022, and that's why they couldn't put the Ags in this year.
AG81
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

No, that should get us solidly in. But we're being punished for Buzz calling them out last year. That's okay. We'll get in and will make some noise.
t - cam
AG
AG81 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

No, that should get us solidly in. But we're being punished for Buzz calling them out last year. That's okay. We'll get in and will make some noise.

Whose punishing us?
HossAg
AG
AG81 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

This is so completely false lmao
Complete Idiot
AG81 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

We aren't being punished. A&M started year receiving votes in poll, then was in the top 25 before the early season tournament disaster
Philip J Fry
AG
AG81 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

Turn up your sarcasm detector.
Complete Idiot
t - cam said:

We beat
@LSU
Arkansas
@Missouri
@MSU
@OleMiss
Alabama

Only loss is Tennessee

Drink that cool aid
zooguy96
If TN keeps on shooting like they've been (25-30%), we'll beat that ass. Their Achilles heel is playing against bigs who can score on the block…. Marble… occasionally Henry…. They don't shoot the 3 extremely well - good matchup for us.
frenchtoast
Someone mentioned on a thread a week or so ago that we need to start talking about a path to winning the conference instead of a path to making the dance. I agree. I think 14-4 is realistic and 15-3 is not out of the question with how our schedule (and Tennessee and Alabama's schedules) shakes out.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bama is winning the SEC. Book it.

Does A&M have a realistic path to second? ....eh....would probably need to go 14-4 and beating Tenn have to be one of those. Feasible, but I wouldn't gamble any money on that.

Now A&M's chances at this point to finish Top-4 in the SEC getting the double bye in the SECT? That I would gamble on. I really like their chances to do that now as I type today.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I'm still mostly just in the 'Please now just get the win on Saturday' fan mode...a road game against a bad opponent that we should beat, and which would really suck as a bad loss on our resume, still makes me nervous. Bad teams every now and then, particularly at home, will bite you.
NyAggie
AG
t - cam said:

We beat
@LSU
Arkansas
@Missouri
@MSU
@OleMiss
Alabama

Only loss is Tennessee

Drink that cool aid
I'm going to say:

We beat

@LSU
Arkansas
@MSU
@OleMiss
Tennessee OR Alabama

We lose:

@Missouri
Tennessee OR Alabama

Final finish is 14-4

then who knwos what happens in the SEC tourney

Leander - Ag
AG
NyAggie said:

t - cam said:

We beat
@LSU
Arkansas
@Missouri
@MSU
@OleMiss
Alabama

Only loss is Tennessee

Drink that cool aid
I'm going to say:

We beat

@LSU
Arkansas
@MSU
@OleMiss
Tennessee OR Alabama

We lose:

@Missouri
Tennessee OR Alabama

Final finish is 14-4

then who knwos what happens in the SEC tourney

Agree with this
GrayMatter
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Bama is winning the SEC. Book it.

Does A&M have a realistic path to second? ....eh....would probably need to go 14-4 and beating Tenn have to be one of those. Feasible, but I wouldn't gamble any money on that.

Now A&M's chances at this point to finish Top-4 in the SEC getting the double bye in the SECT? That I would gamble on. I really like their chances to do that now as I type today.
Yes but will they win the SEC tournament?

A double bye and we have a good chance to win the tournament and not have to worry about being on the bubble.
Muy
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Let's check with God, I mean Lunardi first.
12thMan9
AG
14-4 would get us in no matter what we do in the tourney. SEC is not as good as previous years. Tenn., 'bama, us, Arky, Mizzou. Kentucky is a bubble team at the moment.

Just keep playing hard, and winning, and we'll be fine.
Ronnie '88
bobinator
AG
It's better than it has been most years, just not quite as good as last year.
Complete Idiot
Disagree, SEC perhaps weakest it's been in 7 or 8 years
Complete Idiot
Hopefully the postseason proves me wrong, we will see
bobinator
AG
I mean it's definitely not worse than it was in '20. Only like four teams were gonna make the field. I think the league overall is about like normal at the top and the middle, but the bad teams are really bad.
Method Man
Except MSU.
bobinator
AG
MSU isn't bad. They're the worst of the middle.
Method Man
Oh
bobinator
AG
They've had a weird schedule. Only real bad loss was Georgia.
NyAggie
AG
media types say the SEC sin't as good as normal simply because kentucky isn't as good as normal.

it's the same thing they do in football: whenever X blue blood team in a conference isn;t good, they say the league is "down", even though someone else has risen up to take their spot.

like bama this year

if bama was kentucky and kentucky was bama, people would be saying the SEC is good

Fairview20
AG
The high end (Bama, Tennessee) is arguably higher than it usually is.

The mid tier (Us, Arky, Auburn, UK, UF, Mizzou, Miss St) is probably a little weaker on the high end but I think it's deeper than usual.

It's not as good as last year, but it's significantly stronger than the ACC and PAC, and probably right in line with the Big East as the 3rd or 4th best conference.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, basically all of the SEC's bubble teams did absolutely nothing in non-conference to help themselves.

Us, Missouri, Florida, and Kentucky COMBINED have one top 50 NET win: Kentucky went 0-4, Florida went 0-5, Missouri went 1-2 and we went 0-2

Even expanding it to top 100 wins only adds a couple. Mizzou beat #65, Kentucky beat #64 and #68.

Florida's best non-conference win was #122 (Kennesaw State) and ours is #162 (Depaul)

Throwing in Auburn gives you three more top 100 wins but still no top 50 wins. (#53, #73, #98)

Just embarrassing stuff.
aggie-1997
AG
Do other fanbases have pockets of fans that believe there is this big conspiracy against their school or is it just us? Interesting that some believe the committee has it out for us for one reason or another. Makes me laugh to think the committee is sitting there discussing all the excuses they will use to not let A&M in the tournament.
bobinator
AG
It's every school. Maybe not every school in basketball, but every school thinks there's a media conspiracy against them.
Method Man
It's not a conspiracy against A&M, but I have no doubt if we were UNC with our resume we would've been in. Same with college football playoff in 2020 and flip resumes with Notre dame. The answer to it is leave no doubt and don't leave it up to humans.
greg.w.h
AG
Method Man said:

It's not a conspiracy against A&M, but I have no doubt if we were UNC with our resume we would've been in. Same with college football playoff in 2020 and flip resumes with Notre dame. The answer to it is leave no doubt and don't leave it up to humans.
Yep because of tv revenue and it actually makes sense for the NCAA since it is their primary source of revenue annually. Same for unexpanded College Football Playoff since that literally is Bill Hancock's baby and salary source.
t - cam
AG
t - cam said:

We beat
@LSU
Arkansas
@Missouri
@MSU
@OleMiss
Alabama

Only loss is Tennessee

Drink that cool aid

So far I'm off by a game.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.