Fans counting down the shot clock

5,496 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agmeister
txaggieacct85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that's a lot of words. My entire point is I'm not for counting down the clock when the Aggies are on offense. I updated the original post.

I couldn't care less if it's done on defense.

When you count down while the Aggies are on offense, then it alerts the defense to exactly how much time they have before the Aggies have to Jack up a shot. And those players hear the count down, unless they're Jack Nicklaus
Rec
AG
The Temple Owls fans counting 3, 2, 1 with 6 or 7 on the clock, when they are on defense. It's not helping that much.
AggieDub04
AG
Can we just bring back the jiggler?
yell_on_6th st
AG
On offense or defense?
halfastros81
AG
I'm going to say the jiggler was much more offensive than defensive.
PatAg
AG
Again, the players dont need the fans counting down to know how much time is less. YOu think they are reacting to the crowd, but they arent.
txaggieacct85
AG
PatAg said:

Again, the players dont need the fans counting down to know how much time is less. YOu think they are reacting to the crowd, but they arent.
How would you know that? have you asked them?
jetescamilla
AG
This thread is confusing. Let me help by clarifying the correct answer for offense or defense:

Home Team Offense:
Yes help your team out by counting down the clock. They are probably stressed in a pressing/trap situation and unaware of the time. Help them to realize they need to get a shot off. It's dumb to not see an advantage to this.

Home Team Defense:
2 options: 1) No counting just lots of loud screaming to add to the confusion or 2)Start a countdown but add 2 to 3 seconds on the clock in hopes they can get a 24 second violation. However, I don't like option 2 because it may still alert an offensive player to glance up and see the clock. So maybe there is just one option...just get loud.
Divining Rod
AggieBaseball06 said:

If you have ever watched an Arkansas game, their fans start counting at 4 seconds because that's as high as they can count.

In all fairness, since the Any Child Can initiatives embraces by AR schools years ago, that number is up 33%.
halfastros81
AG
So they start the countdown at 5.32 seconds now ?
Divining Rod
No, it was at 3. now it's at 4. up 33%.

are you from Arkansas by chance?
agmeister
S
AggieBaseball06 said:

If you have ever watched an Arkansas game, their fans start counting at 4 seconds because that's as high as they can count.
This made me laugh out loud!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.