Marble

2,863 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieNattie
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's looked more worn out than the other four starters these last two games (though i think their shooting and free throws these last two games have shown all of them need a mid-season rest).

I think this extra day of rest plus getting Solo back into the rotation at the 4 spot will benefit Julius the most and hopefully allow him to return to the form he has shown earlier in conference play.
MarcAg
AG
I don't think its necessarily a fatigue thing. I think he just has been playing poorly and is pressing as he is frustrated. He looks more frustrated and is fouling more because of frustration after missed shots. His FT form is different as well the past two games. I don't know if they fixed something with his form and that improved his FT, but it's definitely been different the last two games compared to what it was in the stretch where he was shooting it well.
Frydaddy713
AG
His FT form during the "good" stretch seemed to be a more high arcing shot. He does look frustrated now with the way the last 2-3 games have been (although I'm sure he's drawing more attention than before too)
NyAggie
AG
entire team looked fatigued last night in fayetteville.

I thinbk that travel fiasco combined with no days off in 10 days took its toll on them.

Sterling82
I imagine Marble was frustrated getting his shot repeatedly blocked or disrupted last night. I'm not quite sure why we made it such a mission to attack the rim the way UA's interior defense was playing.
PWR85
AG
I don't think Julius has been the same since the incident in Lexington with Oscar. It was a physical game for sure and the crowd was tough on him. In the arena, they only showed the actual push but not the elbow he took at midcourt before that. He said he was fine after the game, but he hasn't seemed the same since then.

Julius is a super smart and nice kid. Some of the crap that was being yelled at him and our players in Rupp late in that game was over the top (I confronted the usher to do something about it to no avail). I don't care how big or tough someone is, you hear that crap and it can get in your head a bit. And if you think you are getting a bad rap, maybe that exacerbates it. He got made out to be a thug. He is the opposite of that.

As someone else said he is pressing right now and out of sorts. He's fatigued like the whole team. Teams have changed how they are defending him, doubling, etc. He needs to kick the ball out and find the cutter rather than beating his head against a wall.

Being home for the next 10 days with two home games will help the whole team get it sorted out.
DTP02
AG
He's just in a little funk. The extra day off will do him good. Team definitely plays much better when he's a consistent force inside. We feed off that.
Method Man
Maybe the fellas need a trip to PV to settle them down a little.
BQ_90
AG
Method Man said:

TheCurl84
AG
Marble has not looked good, or fresh, the last two games.
Method Man
He's pressing and committing terrible frustration fouls. Needs to let the game come to him.
DTP02
AG
Method Man said:

Looking forward to Buzz breaking this down with analytics.
warrington
no reason to go off of this last game for evaluation.

He will bounce back
skaggsjw
AG
Foul trouble. That's the biggest issue for him.
Method Man
Last two games
gigemags87
AG
I noticed the same on his FTs. Could be fatigue related.
AggieNattie
Agreed. Marble has been off these past few games, especially some other key players, due to fatigue kicking in. This is definitely that time of the season where we need to get Obaseki and Washington back on the court ASAP. I would say we need to have our full roster back by the Mizzou game, or even earlier.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.