50 missed FGs. 10 missed FTs

2,719 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag_EE_88
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
50! 10!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Is that bad? It sounds not good.
Proposition Joe
I'm not typically one for excuses, but I'm chalking it up to the travel issues. Tired legs and no shootaround.
Complete Idiot
Holy ****

We took 76 shots and lost because we only made 26

That is a very unusual stat and somehow makes me feel better about the loss
CampingAg
AG
If we only miss 44 shots we win the game.
Method Man
Well we had several 2-3 Miss possessions but yeah.
mikesyracuse1
Method Man said:

Well we had several 2-3 Miss possessions but yeah.

So many misses around the bucket!

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
Wonder what film review wild be like.
wisdom
AG
frenchtoast
I knew it was bad, but not that bad.
CapCityAg89
AG
Method Man said:

Wonder what film review wild be like.
I'm guessing they scrap it. I'm not sure any good could come from that film.
CapCityAg89
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Holy ****

We took 76 shots and lost because we only made 26

That is a very unusual stat and somehow makes me feel better about the loss
And most were short - they had no legs last night. The fact it was as close as it was throughout makes me feel much better too.
polander ag81
Of the 50 misses, 13 of them were blocked shots.
12Power
Yeah, they had length and height on us. We looked tired especially missing, open shots, short layups / put backs, but hard to shoot over a tree.
phatty26
It happens but we've got to snap out of it mainly Boots he's been awful the last two games. We don't have the talent over come bad performances by one player much less two of them.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Since it's multiple guys the last couple of games shooting FTs poorly, I suspect they aren't spending as much time on them any more. Radford and Dennis have been really bad from the line the last 2 games.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Since it's multiple guys the last couple of games shooting FTs poorly, I suspect they aren't spending as much time on them any more. Radford and Dennis have been really bad from the line the last 2 games.
Yeah, if they don't shoot 5,000 FT's every day they all of a sudden can't make them in games anymore. Fire Buzz.
Method Man
Buzz said they shoot 100 a day. It's obviously mental.
BoerneGator
AG
wisdom said:

We hafta improve our "graph game"!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

Buzz said they shoot 100 a day. It's obviously mental.
No, no, no, That guy says it's clear they aren't shooting enough FT's in practice.
LB12Diamond
AG
And yet we were still in the game close to the end. This is a solid team that got dealt a bad hand for this game in a place that's hard to win at anyway.
wheelz
AG
How many missed lay ups? Shoot less 3s and make lay ups and we become a more dangerous team.
PWR85
AG
The team is exhausted and has been since getting back from Auburn. Their energy level wasn't the usual for Vandy and Arky. It wasn't just last night.

Traveling to Rupp, then Auburn, then a short turnaround from late Saturday to a Tuesday game in Arky, means more than 10 days without a rest. Add in the logistic issues with being diverted to Wichita, busing to Tulsa for two hours and getting there after midnight, getting up early again the next morning and busing to Fayettenam, and the challenges all that presented, it doesn't take much to be off your best game.

Our style of play demands exceptional energy and grit. We hit a rough patch for a couple of games. It affected our shooting IMO. Not an excuse, but more the root cause. Yes, all teams go through this and we aren't unique in that.

I think being home for 10 days now before out next (short) trip to LSU is just what the doctor ordered. I would be stunned if we didn't come out spitting fire on Saturday night against Georgia.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Ag_EE_88 said:

Yeah, if they don't shoot 5,000 FT's every day they all of a sudden can't make them in games anymore. Fire Buzz.
Yeah. Because that's what I said.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.