Win Saturday….

1,861 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by greg.w.h
Blindside05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And it doesn't matter. 8-2 in conference and move onto the next week
Proposition Joe
I mean, it still does matter. We would be 9-1.
MarcAg
AG
It's frustrating that we were so awful, but yet the game was still right there
NyAggie
AG
MarcAg said:

Last two games have been lackluster

Gotta pick it up vs UGA on Saturday
t - cam
AG
Proposition Joe said:

We weren't going 17-1. Most predicted at least 4 to 5 losses. This was always one of those games.
Proposition Joe
t - cam said:

Proposition Joe said:

We weren't going 17-1. Most predicted at least 4 to 5 losses. This was always one of those games.

I don't disagree.

But acting like beating Georgia at home on Saturday means this game didn't matter is rather silly.

We're going to have to pull off 2-3 upsets down the stretch to make the dance. This could have been one of them.

All Saturday is, is a game that we must win to stay on any kind of track.
Method Man
UGA will test our defense. They can shoot the 3.
t - cam
AG
Proposition Joe said:

t - cam said:

Proposition Joe said:

I don't disagree.

But acting like beating Georgia at home on Saturday means this game didn't matter is rather silly.

We're going to have to pull off 2-3 upsets down the stretch to make the dance. This could have been one of them.

All Saturday is, is a game that we must win to stay on any kind of track.

Got ya. I agree with you.
Complete Idiot
MarcAg said:

I asked this a couple times on the game thread but no one bit.....

Would you have called a timeout after Dennis slammed a huge dunk home and we drew within 4? I felt we might be a little juiced, let them keep playing.

I'm sure Arkansas would have called a TO - but why did we?
Complete Idiot
Complete Idiot said:

MarcAg said:

Would you have called a timeout after Dennis slammed a huge dunk home and we drew within 4? I felt we might be a little juiced, let them keep playing.

I guess I'm clearly alone on this.
t - cam
AG
Complete Idiot said:

MarcAg said:

I would not but I know buzz really likes to reset in those situations. I don't think he really believes in momentum.
gstu11
I think buzz used every timeout tonight just to get the guys some rest. The whole team looked dead legged all night. Hope they have a easy trip home and take tomorrow for rest.
Method Man
I think in the last press conference he said he's not a coach that likes to call a TO after a made basket.
t - cam
AG
Method Man said:

I think in the last press conference he said he's not a coach that likes to call a TO after a made basket.

I'm not sure about the made basket part or not but he seems to call time outs right before things get overly emotional. Like he's worried we will make a mistake when caught up in emotions.
CapCityAg89
AG
gstu11 said:

I think buzz used every timeout tonight just to get the guys some rest. The whole team looked dead legged all night. Hope they have a easy trip home and take tomorrow for rest.
Yea this. That sequence was: massive poster dunk on the other end; push it up for and-one layup; steal and response dunk - all within about a minute. We would've given up something bad on the other end after blowing through that much energy. All night, we had enough to get it back to close, but then would just slow a half-step further and they'd stretch it back out.
CapCityAg89
AG
t - cam said:

Method Man said:

I'm not sure about the made basket part or not but he seems to call time outs right before things get overly emotional. Like he's worried we will make a mistake when caught up in emotions.
He has coached 4 for two years - he'd probably be right if he thought that.
greg.w.h
AG
t - cam said:

Proposition Joe said:

With that said: predictions aren't reality so 17-1 was still more real than the predictions since it hadn't not happened.

The effort to give realistic projections is understandable but isn't always a supportive discussion and often devolves into virtue signaling on how negative posters are on the team. While it's part and parcel with a fan board, true fans want their team to win every game not because they (fans) are realistic but because they are fanatics. Those who continually to post here are still fanatics but still fall for the trap of trying to show their fanaticism by going negative sometimes on specific players. And think they're performing a service by doing that. But it might not be a positive one.

I think it's just trying to gain attention from a bunch of nerds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.