Weather/travel to Fayetteville

8,036 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Southlake
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BudFox7 said:

Big disadvantage. They should have called it.
Maybe but there also might be a very small crowd for a road game as well.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Can't wait for Buzz's second by second recap of the travel difficulties during his post game press conference.

"Coach how much did being on the road and the Arkansas crowd affect your team?"

"Well we loaded onto team bus 1 at precisely 11:30:27 on Monday and proceeded to Easterwood Airport……"
bobinator
AG
BudFox7 said:

Disadvantage?! You know how much extra time this is for team building?

This round of "I spy" could be what puts this team into the Final Four.

Also we need to play this game. It's a house money game.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
bobinator said:

BudFox7 said:

Exactly!!!
Sterling82
I would hate to see it cancelled but this is bound to be disruptive. It's already a shorter turnaround and this is making it worse.
PWR85
AG
They tried to land in Tulsa last night, but were not allowed to and diverted to Wichita. Not ideal, but they've dealt with travel changes before. Biggest impact is actually on the managers/staff who do all the loading, unloading, logistics, etc. Players and coaches will be fine, just have to deal with a change in timing.

I've been on enough of these trips to know that the players mostly sleep while traveling anyway. Imagine they got some rest on the plane and bus last night. Same this am. They'll need to figure out shootaround because that probably would have been early this am. Otherwise they adapt.

Now, if they have to get on a train at some point, all bets are off............
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Hmmm. Sleepy/tired managers and staff?

I hope the players are just gonna sleep in their road game uniforms to ensure we avoid starting out against Arky down 1-0 before tip-off!!!
greg.w.h
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

…They were thinking of taking a train to Fayetteville but turns out train don't run out of Wichita unless you're a hog or a cattle.

I see what you did there…
PJYoung
AG
From treyyates

Quote:

The team is about 30 miles out of Fayetteville, roads are bad but they are taking it slow.
PJYoung
AG
I wonder if the ref crew has made it in yet.
fightintxaggie10
AG
bobinator said:

BudFox7 said:

House money game, well said.
CapCityAg89
AG
Call your own?
dallasiteinsa02
PJYoung said:

They are going to use high school refs. Two of their nephews play for Arkansas.
Morpholino
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

PJYoung said:

I appreciate the SEC doing what they can to help us out here.
Gap
AG
PJYoung said:

Sam Pittman and some of their football coaches are an option.
PJYoung
AG
Quote:

The team has safely made it to Fayetteville.

From AggieTailgate84
Ag Eng 92
AG
My Razorback buddy who will be attending just texted me that parking is first come first served tonight. He thinks that is an indicator of low crowd expectations.
Tailgate88
AG
Ag Eng 92 said:

My Razorback buddy who will be attending just texted me that parking is first come first served tonight. He thinks that is an indicator of low crowd expectations.
Not sure what that means - first come first served? Isn't that how parking always is? I showed up late to the last home game and ended up in overflow across the street. I wish I had shown come earlier and been served up a spot near Reed....
BQ_90
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

PJYoung said:

and Muss will still cry like a little ***** to the refs
BQ_90
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Ag Eng 92 said:

Not sure what that means - first come first served? Isn't that how parking always is? I showed up late to the last home game and ended up in overflow across the street. I wish I had shown come earlier and been served up a spot near Reed....
probable means they will not have any parking attendants. So no pay parking or reserved parking, first come first serve
Tailgate88
AG
BQ_90 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Ag Eng 92 said:

probable means they will not have any parking attendants. So no pay parking or reserved parking, first come first serve
That makes sense and a good move on their part. MIGHT encourage a few more fans to show up and more importantly would suck to ask those attendants to stand out in the weather.
TexasAGGIEinAR
Sleet started pouring down about 20 minutes ago in NWA. Won't be letting up for at least 3 more hours.
WallyWonka
AG

Does anyone know if they've arrived in Fayetteville yet?

Know Your Enemy
AG
WallyWonka said:

Does anyone know if they've arrived in Fayetteville yet?

They have
OldArmyAggie94
AG
Leaving the house at 4 to take the 15mile journey to BWA to yell loud for the FTAB team..it ought to be a show on the highways. Wife is mad I am taking our two sons…scored awesome seats last night when people were leaping out of the boat after the ice storm…
dallasiteinsa02
OldArmyAggie94 said:

Leaving the house at 4 to take the 15mile journey to BWA to yell loud for the FTAB team..it ought to be a show on the highways. Wife is mad I am taking our two sons…scored awesome seats last night when people were leaping out of the boat after the ice storm…
Find one of these to sit next to and scream the entire time. It will sound great to the tv audience.

CapCityAg89
AG
OldArmyAggie94 said:

Remember to have your kids screech at the tops of their lungs during Arkie free throws. I think that works.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Tailgate88 said:

BQ_90 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Ag Eng 92 said:

That makes sense and a good move on their part. MIGHT encourage a few more fans to show up and more importantly would suck to ask those attendants to stand out in the weather.

Sorry; I wasn't clear earlier hacking this out on my phone. Y'all got it. Unlike Reed, they have small lots around the Bud, and it is reserved parking. Sounds like they are just letting people park as close and as soon as you can.
lcraggie
AG
better question is... Did the TV crew make it in?
Rangers Lead the Way, NSDQ

SA-AG72
AG
lcraggie said:

Better question is "Did the uniforms make it?"
4timeAg
AG
I was planning to drive down from Bentonville with the family but my wife talked me out of it. You know anyone else that wants tickets? I have 5 in 232. Aisle seats 2 on row 1 and 3 on row 2.
basic8
lcraggie said:

I think Jimmy Dykes still lives there
Complete Idiot
4timeAg said:

I was planning to drive down from Bentonville with the family but my wife talked me out of it. You know anyone else that wants tickets? I have 5 in 232. Aisle seats 2 on row 1 and 3 on row 2.
Ok, good - now I have a scapegoat if we lose.
Southlake
Team was exhausted. Surprised they even played. Fortunately they didn't get blown out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.