Weather/travel to Fayetteville

8,010 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Southlake
Turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any insight on whether or not the team will be able to travel to Fayetteville for tomorrow night's game (1/31) given the winter weather situation? The weather there looks pretty messy at the moment.

rlb28
AG
Turkey said:

Anyone have any insight on whether or not the team will be able to travel to Fayetteville for tomorrow night's game (1/31) given the winter weather situation? The weather there looks pretty messy at the moment.

I would think they're already there
fightintxaggie10
AG
I'd think as long as you have airport ground crews that can de-ice wings there's no issue. I've landed and taken off in blizzard conditions before.
TexasAGGIEinAR
Not that this is helpful, but it's been pouring sleet since about 10:45 this morning. We got freezing rain overnight up here. It's not going to get above freezing. My wife is traveling home from Key West tomorrow so I'm looking at flight arrival/departures. It's been a mixed bag thus far. Some cancelations, some diverting, some delays, some arriving. Hard to tell what's going to happen. I would think the Ags arrived this morning, so they could've beaten the bad stuff. I should just run down to the Embassy Suites in Rogers and check on em.
Turkey
AG
Ok very good on all of that. That would be funny if TexasAGGIEinAR went to the team hotel to check on the team.
TexasAGGIEinAR
I've run into the women's track team at the Neighborhood Market down the road from Embassy. And the tennis team in Torchy's. 99% chance they're staying there and maybe a welfare check is in order!
Tailgate88
AG
They usually travel the day before the game. The 737 they often take brought the women home from Nashville yesterday and has not taken off from Easterwood yet (or if it did, they didn't file a flight plan). I'll post if I see anything pop up.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I think we usually practice before flying out the day before a game. Maybe that schedule changes with potential weather issues though.
Diego
AG
All United flights into XNA today are now canceled due to weather. Tomorrow looks worse.
PJYoung
AG
I'm guessing this is it. 737 non-stop

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HWA2030/history/20230130/2215Z/KCLL/KXNA

Monday
30-Jan-2023

04:25PM CSTEasterwood Fld - CLL
05:26PM CSTNorthwest Arkansas Ntl - XNA
B737
1h 01m
TexasAGGIEinAR
XNA's website still shows they're either on time or delayed. Where did you find that info? Only curious as to what it looks like for the rib to get home tomorrow; even though she's flying American.
Tailgate88
AG
PJYoung said:

I'm guessing this is it. 737 non-stop

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HWA2030/history/20230130/2215Z/KCLL/KXNA

Monday
30-Jan-2023

04:25PM CSTEasterwood Fld - CLL
05:26PM CSTNorthwest Arkansas Ntl - XNA
B737
1h 01m
Yup that's it. They must have just filed that flight plan, it wasn't there when I posted earlier.
Not a Bot
AG

Looks like Fayetteville is going to stay a little bit to the north of the bad ice accumulation, but what's already there isn't going to be melting for a few days. May get some snow.

If y'all are in the DFW area it could get pretty rough by Wednesday morning.
Ag13
AG
Move the game to College Station just to be safe
MarcAg
AG
Ag13 said:

Move the game to College Station just to be safe
No, leave in Fayetteville. Maybe we get a lot turnout from the Arkansas fans as a result of the weather. Get another road win on the resume.
halfastros81
AG
I dunno. If they can get there and they've been drinking all day and are generally pissed off that may be worse than usual rather than better.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Leave it in Arkansas. We need a other road Quad 1 win!
fightintxaggie10
AG
Oh snap! Our team is being diverted to Wichita Kansas
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Another uniform screw up.

Cleaners accidentally sent our road unis to Wichita State.

Just a quick stop there to pick them up.
GrayMatter
AG
Making a pit stop to pick up Dexter's lucky socks?
Aginoh
AG
Nm
TexAgs1992
Live in Bentonville. It's not a great situation and will likely only get worse over the next couple of days.
AggieTailgate84
AG
Team has landed in Wichita. Putting a plan together.
BMOC86
AG
Staying the night in Wichita
TjgtAg08
AG
Interesting. Looks like the precipitation in Fayetteville is going to stop around 8pm and not start up again until tomorrow mid-day, but it's going to stay frozen … hopefully they can get the runways salted down and safe enough to travel, otherwise there isn't going to be a window to travel there (or back to CS either) for a couple days.
jrdaustin
AG
BMOC86 said:

It's Planes, Trains, and Automobiles all over again!
fightintxaggie10
AG
jrdaustin said:

BMOC86 said:

It's Planes, Trains, and Automobiles all over again!

They were thinking of taking a train to Fayetteville but turns out train don't run out of Wichita unless you're a hog or a cattle.

agtrevino07
AG
According to Travis Brown (the eagle), the team took a bus from Wichita to Tulsa yesterday night. It will take another bus from Tulsa to Fayetteville.

I hope they make it safely and that all extra hours of the trip does not affect their performance tomorrow night.

dallasiteinsa02
I am not a logistics wizard but wouldn't getting to Memphis have made more sense.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I am not a logistics wizard but wouldn't getting to Memphis have made more sense.

Memphis ice storm is worse.
AgsinGA
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Looks like there is a window this morning to make it over before the afternoon, where they may get more weather.

Bad weather was already in Memphis if I recall correctly.
aggiebrad94
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Also not much of a weatherman
TexasAGGIEinAR
We're supposed to get ice again starting around 11:00 and last until around 3:00. It'll be around a 2 hour bus ride from Tulsa. They better get it in gear!
Adam87inSA
AG
Team had better be on road now, as freezing precipitation in NW AR will start late morning
BudFox7
Big disadvantage. They should have called it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.