Arkansas Favored by 5 Points Over Texas A&M

4,012 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bobinator
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Updated line at 945 am
Aggies +3.5
Total is 137.5

Just Win on the Road! Keep winning the ones we are supposed to win and a few that were not! This would be a nice road win.

This will be a tough road test for the Aggies but a winnable game . That arena will be rocking and we just need to silence the outside noise. An early lead can help with that.

Mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

Aggies +5
Total is 140.5
Just Win on the Road! Keep winning the ones we are supposed to win and a few that were not! This would be a nice road win.

This will be a tough road test for the Aggies but a winnable game . That arena will be rocking and we just need to silence the outside noise. An early lead can help with that.

Mikesyracuse1
Presumably won't be rocking any more than the 28-home winning streak Auburn gym was last Wednesday night.
Method Man
It seems in the past we've gotten off to poor starts in Bud Walton and mounted noble comebacks only to lose in the end.
mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Aggies +5
Total is 140.5

Mikesyracuse1
Presumably won't be rocking any more than the 28-home winning streak Auburn gym was last Wednesday night.

I agree Pumpkin. I hope our shots are falling the same way and the close outs on the 3 pointers are the same as they were at Auburn!

Mikesyracuse1
billydean05
Not sure that I agree with that. Bud Walton and Rupp have always for a long time had the best home court advantages in the SEC.
frenchtoast
Ransack the Razorbacks!
SWAGBOT
AG
This is going to be a tough one. Arkansas is desperate for a win to get their season back on track. If we play at all like we did in the 1st half against Vandy, we will be in big big trouble.
Little Rock Ag
AG
One thing's for sure: If we pull off the victory, their fans will blame the refs. Muss has rubbed off on them, and they are the biggest bunch of crybaby losers. I hope we win, and dare I say, win big enough to shut them up.
MetrocrestAg
This is as close to a must win as you can get for Arkansas. The last half of the schedule is brutal, away games with A&M, UK, Tennessee, and Alabama, along with home games with UK, Florida.

The starting guards have also been playing a lot of minutes, Council IV played 39 minutes @Baylor and 40 minutes vs. LSU, a game they won by 20 and were winning at half time by 24.
Proposition Joe
Not sure the arena will be that rocking -- going to be 24 degrees with a wintry mix at tip. Anyone not in the area likely isn't driving in for this one.
EliteZags
AG
this team has a lot more talent than Auburn with the #2 recruiting class and 3 future pros in the backcourt
Know Your Enemy
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Aggies +5
Total is 140.5

Mikesyracuse1
Bud Walton is a different vibe. Haven't been to many gyms louder than that one. Now hopefully Prop Joe is right about the weather affecting attendance but when full and Arky is playing well that is probably the toughest environment in the SEC.
HossAg
AG
Little Rock Ag said:

One thing's for sure: If we pull off the victory, their fans will blame the refs. Muss has rubbed off on them, and they are the biggest bunch of crybaby losers. I hope we win, and dare I say, win big enough to shut them up.
They definitely had reason to cry about the refs against Baylor. That was an extremely one sided second half from the refs in Baylor's favor.
Method Man
We may need a Pat Adams type to give us some favorable road calls.
TexasAGGIEinAR
Little Rock Ag said:

Spot on. Was discussing this last weekend. Arkansas has never been bested by ANYONE. Either they win or they get cheated. Ref conspiracy theories every game they play. Brother in law was reading tweets toward the end of the Baylor game and every post was blaming the refs. It was painful. May chicken face, midget Musselman be furious tomorrow around 8pm.
TexasAGGIEinAR
Auburn has a better coach. He's actually won something before.
Lake08
Little Rock Ag said:

Cause we never blame the refs for losing
Know Your Enemy
AG
You can point out poor officiating without saying that made us lose a game.
CypressAg09
AG
Lake08 said:

Little Rock Ag said:

Cause we never blame the refs for losing
We ***** about it, they write articles about it.

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-mens-basketball/razorbacks-jordan-walsh-eric-musselman-baylor-bears-big-12-sec-challenge-fouls-referees
mikesyracuse1
Proposition Joe said:

Not sure the arena will be that rocking -- going to be 24 degrees with a wintry mix at tip. Anyone not in the area likely isn't driving in for this one.

Last Tuesday they had a winter storm and closed the campus classes and offices at noon but still played the game Tuesday night against LSU and had 19,200in attendance and a sellout. I expect the same despite the weather

Mikesyracuse1
t - cam
AG
This is a good house money game. Wouldn't hurt us if we lost but a win would be a big boost.
Proposition Joe
mikesyracuse1 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Last Tuesday they had a winter storm and closed the campus classes and offices at noon but still played the game Tuesday night against LSU and had 19,200 sellout. I expect the same despite the weather

Mikesyracuse1

Sellout can often be a bit different than a rocking house. Most of Arkansas' reserved seats are sold as season tickets so it's practically always a sellout.

But even that being ssaid, while it was a "winter storm" last Tuesday, it stayed above freezing practically all day and had minimal precip and no accumulation. Anyone that wanted to get to the game would have no issues doing so, it was just cold.

Tomorrow it won't get higher than 25 and precip all day long until tip-off. The question will be if anyone can actually get to the game. Completely different animal.
hogfan14
Know Your Enemy said:

You can point out poor officiating without saying that made us lose a game.

Officiating directly impacts basketball a lot more than other sports though. And the foul differential in the second halves of Arkansas' last 4 losses is pretty staggering so I can see why some fans would think that way.

Muss being so animated probably doesn't help, I can see refs being more inclined to call things against him simply for that. The team this year seems to have developed a bad reputation among ref crews.
TexasAGGIEinAR
I live in Northwest Arkansas. Last week we got about 6-8" of snow but the roads were clear as a bell. That's why it was packed. Today/tomorrow/Wednesday it's ice. Totally different animal. They don't know how to treat roads in Arkansas, so it'll likely be a parking lot. It's not getting above freezing until Wednesday afternoon, so this isn't going anywhere. It won't be packed but students can get drunk and walk to the game.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
Line down to +4.

BTHOpiggies!
greg.w.h
AG
Road wins are hard. But not impossible!!!
mikesyracuse1
Proposition Joe said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Last Tuesday they had a winter storm and closed the campus classes and offices at noon but still played the game Tuesday night against LSU and had 19,200 sellout. I expect the same despite the weather

Mikesyracuse1

Sellout can often be a bit different than a rocking house. Most of Arkansas' reserved seats are sold as season tickets so it's practically always a sellout.

But even that being ssaid, while it was a "winter storm" last Tuesday, it stayed above freezing practically all day and had minimal precip and no accumulation. Anyone that wanted to get to the game would have no issues doing so, it was just cold.

Tomorrow it won't get higher than 25 and precip all day long until tip-off. The question will be if anyone can actually get to the game. Completely different animal.

Ok Joe! It was packed and loud on Tuesday. I expect the same.

Mikesyracuse1
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
ags going to win this game outright by abkut 5-7 pts. people keep doubting this team at their own peril.
Rossticus
frenchtoast said:

Ransack the Razorbacks!

Pork the Piglets.
mikesyracuse1
Updated line
Aggies +4
Total is 139
SilverTongueDevil
EliteZags said:

this team has a lot more talent than Auburn with the #2 recruiting class and 3 future pros in the backcourt

And yet it has not really made much of a difference thus far. And BTW they lost to Auburn 72-59.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
NyAggie
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

EliteZags said:

And yet it has not really made much of a difference thus far. And BTW they lost to Auburn 72-59.

But they are playing better lately and underperformed teams with talent are always dangerous

Just ask LSU's football team
txag72
AG
Quote:

HossAg
In reply to Little Rock Ag 12:45p

AG

Quote:

Little Rock Ag said:
They definitely had reason to cry about the refs against Baylor. That was an extremely one sided second half from the refs in Baylor's favor.
I'm so tempted to go copy statements by Mr. Hoss during our games about people crying about the refs. This is the ultimate irony or hypocrisy. Sorry, but would you want to explain how refs can cause a game to be won or lost for them but not us? Not that anyone the refs have caused a loss by us, they haven't.
TheCurl84
AG
It's time to take this one!!
Oak Forest Ag
AG
Line is now A&M +3.5

Money moving to Ags.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.