Arkansas

4,680 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BBQ
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate Musselman.
And last year they turned out the lights in the arena and shot fireworks after the game winning basket, despite there still be time on the clock. Still don't understand how that wasn't a tech.

Arkansas is a very tough place to play and will be difficult game for us to win. . Even without two of their guys. they still have a lot of talent. I want to win this game more than any game on our schedule!!
Know Your Enemy
AG
It would be a nice addition to the resume.
Tobias Funke
AG
I'm with you. Very unlikable coach and team.

Winning at their gym would seemingly send the two programs' seasons vaulting in different directions. We will still have a chance if we lose, but let's keep the window as wide as possible please.
halfastros81
AG
We absolutely will get their best shot. A caged up hog is dangerous. Having said that they are likely in at least as good shape to make the Dance as we are. A win would
Be huge for either team so should be a grudge
Match…. Like it always seems to be.
bobinator
AG
Taylor keeping his composure is always important but it's going to be especially important here. They're going to try and get under his skin.
GrayMatter
AG
Where is it harder to play, Bud Walton or Rupp?
ProudAggie98
AG
If we win this game, I think we can stop worrying about the bubble and begin thinking about how many wins for us to win the SEC. I know arkansas isn't Alabama or Tennessee, but they have a ton of talent and athleticism and kind of have their backs against the wall this game. Win in spite of that and watch out SEC
bobinator
AG
Gotta be Walton. I think Rupp is a bit like the Smith Center, it's only a hard place to play because the team that plays there is usually really good.
PJYoung
AG
I like that we're coming off of a low energy struggle at home against a mediocre Vanderbilt team.

This game should have their full attention.
halfastros81
AG
Depends on the year and the team but because we play Arky twice every yr and have all of the old history with them as well I think the general hostility level is bigger at Bud Walton.

Eddie Sutton throwing his jacket at G Rollie seemed like an annual event in the late 70's
TexasAGGIEinAR
I would love nothing more than to beat them up here. Musselman is easily the most unlikable coach in America. It's all about him, not his players. Taking his shirt off, running into the stands, making stupid videos online where he dresses up, going to other sporting events and acting like an idiot so everyone will notice him. Losing this game at home would send their fanbase into a frenzy.

I already get plenty of go to hell looks for being born and raised in Arkansas but not being a Pig supporter. Beating them always makes for an outstanding day. Sitting in Walk On's in Rogers, AR for the SEC Tournament game last year and us beating the hell out of them was a sight to see. That place sank like the Titanic. Thankfully I found the 1 other table of Aggies before I sat down.

Let's start the Pig mutiny tomorrow. Whoop!
AggieFamily97
AG
Anthony Black is one to look out for. He is a dirty player and is always looking for a way to instigate chaos. Keep your head on a swivel.

Hog media outlet agrees.

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-mens-basketball/razorbacks-anthony-black-musselman-vanderbilt-davis-manjon-stackhouse-brown-sec-davis
GrayMatter
AG
Yes, I guess that Arky fans are more hostile than Kentucky fans.

Didn't Kentucky fans cheer for Elston when he went off on them a while back?
Method Man
Their team, coach and many fans are trash when it comes to sports. I've met some good Arky fans too but them booing every single call always is annoying.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, Black is a punk.
bluthsfrozenbanana
AG
Bruce Pearl would have to be up there too among the unlikeable. Notorious cheater and his antics are off the charts too
cs69ag
AG
I guess you guys know the tooth brush was invented in
ARKY....ANYWHERE ELSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED A TEETH BRUSH!
TjgtAg08
AG
GrayMatter said:

Yes, I guess that Arky fans are more hostile than Kentucky fans.

Didn't Kentucky fans cheer for Elston when he went off on them a while back?
Yes the absolutely did, at least at the end of the game as a send off. UK fans have that ability to recognize, respect and acknowledge basketball greatness, even if its not their own. Its a really classy element that is somewhat unique to the UK fanbase.
bobinator
AG
Please never use "UK fanbase" and "classy" in the same sentence again.
frenchtoast
I grew up around these knuckleheads, so I have had a longtime hatred of their fanbase. As much as I miss Big XII basketball, I love that we have rivalries like this and LSU. Definitely adds a lot of fun to the season. Ags will win a close one and it will be oh so sweet.
Fairview20
AG
They're 3-1 at home in conference play and 0-4 on the road. Best conference win was Mizzou at home on 1/4.

Blown out @Auburn , @Vandy and vs Bama
Topher17
AG
I actually think we match up fairly well with this Arkansas team. They play great defense, but they foul a lot so we should be able to get to the line. On the other end, they don't shoot the three well and we are going to let teams shoot it. We have the guys to match up with them inside, we just have to ensure we hit the boards. Should be a lot of fun and if we play to our potential, I like our chances.
NyAggie
AG
bluthsfrozenbanana said:

Bruce Pearl would have to be up there too among the unlikeable. Notorious cheater and his antics are off the charts too

Yeah, I was watching the A&M/auburn game pearl was acting up and my wife walks in the room and asks, "who's that?" And I said it was the auburn coach and she says "what a jackass"

bobinator
AG
I dunno why but Pearl doesn't annoy me nearly as much as Muss does. I think he's in a class by himself.
Method Man
I kind of like Pearl.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Given that both A&M and Arkansas are two of the best teams in the country at drawing fouls and both are also two of the 'best' teams at fouling the opponent….

Total FT attempts at 50, you taking over or under?

And what are chances this game goes nearly 2.5 hours with all the whistles and FT line trips?

This game may literally come down to who has the better FT% and avoids foul trouble the longest.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
I hope that the refs call it consistently and fairly - and that we don't see Arky with alot more free throws than the Ags.

If the Ags get to the bonus and double bonus earlier than the Hogs - especially in the second half, I think that would be a good sign for the visiting team.
bobinator
AG
If we're relying on getting calls in Fayetteville we've already lost.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Where is it harder to play, Bud Walton or Rupp?
Year in and year out, Arkansas has a terrible road record vs home.
txag72
AG
Speaking of foul trouble, what's with Marble and Coleman living in foul trouble the last couple of games. Status of Solomon might be important if that keeps up.
Fairview20
AG
Luckily for us, Garcia has stepped it up big time in the last two games.
Complete Idiot
I very much like beating Arkansas in their building, more than Auburn. I like Auburn the school and fanbase, when visiting there I felt it was the closest to the A&M fan temperament compared to other SEC west teams. BUT - I dislike Pearl and therefore their basketball program and that road win, and any win against them, was great. I agree this Arkansas game will be a tough one and a loss isn't even that damaging - but what a win it would be. Thoroughly dislike Musselman as much as Vitello in baseball or Kiffin in football.

I also agree with the post above stating that if we DO win this one lets stop, as an online community, talking about 11, 12, or 13 wins being needed for tourney and instead talk about our path to winning the SEC.
mikesyracuse1
I think he's a good coach but also looks and acts like he's about a second away from punching or pushing someone, anyone!

Mikesyracuse1
Adam87inSA
AG
I we keep turnovers down around 10, we win.

If we play give away like we did vs UK, we lose.
BBQ
AG
I have been to both, IMHO, Walton and it is not remotely close.
Farmari Bojuji
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.