Obaseki Solomon timeline?

3,203 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
PunchyFarmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm too lazy to search. Anybody know when we could get those guys back?
greg.w.h
AG
I was too lazy, too!!!
TjgtAg08
AG
There was a tweet from this weekend by one of the media guys that said Buzz didn't think Solo would be ready for Arky, but sounds like he is really close and probably is back for the weekend game against UGA.

On the broadcast Manny was running around without a sling and it looked like the cast/brace on his hand was smaller than what I've seen in recent weeks, but that is pure conjecture on my part based on like 2-3 seconds of seeing him.

Manny got hurt on Jan. 4 and had surgery right after that (probably Jan 5?), and the general consensus is that its a 4-6 week injury, so I'd imagine it will still be at least two weeks before he has a chance to play. Maybe @ LSU on Feb. 11 or Arky on Feb. 15?
TjgtAg08
AG
Here is the tweet RE Solo

That is from last Friday, so I guess there is a chance things have changed since then, but since its an away game and there is travel involved (today I think?) its probably less likely.
MarcAg
AG
I thought I heard Solo would be back next game, but maybe I was wrong based on what Travis is saying. He was back on the bench Saturday night and didn't seem to be suffering effects. Previously they said he had been at home and was unable to go to classes. We could really use him vs Arkansas
greg.w.h
AG
I got the impression he wasn't likely for Arkansas, but I'd love to have misunderstood…
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
I'll ask Solo's professors if he is back in class yet.

Anybody have his schedule?

Figure he won't be cleared to practice and play until he is cleared to attend his classes.
MarcAg
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

I'll ask Solo's professors if he is back in class yet.

Anybody have his schedule?

Figure he won't be cleared to practice and play until he is cleared to attend his classes.
If he is on the bench for games, he is back in class.
MarcAg
AG
(Wrong emoji)

Buzz said Solo has been cleared and participated in some of practice today. Didn't know if he would be available this week.

Didn't sound like Manny is going to be back anytime soon.
halfastros81
AG
That's good news on Solo .
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Saw him on the bench at the Vanderbilt game.

Would be great if he got to travel with the team to Fayetteville. Even better if he got to participate in pregame warm-ups and shoot around - even if he doesn't play tomorrow.

Of course, need to be sure he doesn't slip on the ice up there and bang his head again!
txag72
AG
Is this the longest concussion protocol ever??
MarcAg
AG
txag72 said:

It was only 11 days.
PunchyFarmer
AG
Thanks guys!
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Concussion related user name checks out
txag72
AG
Quote:

Quote:

txag72 said:

It was only 11 days.
You really think he'll play tonight? Maybe the protocol has been lifted (?), but the process.
NyAggie
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

Quote:

txag72 said:

It was only 11 days.
You really think he'll play tonight? Maybe the protocol has been lifted (?), but the process.
yeah, hard to imagine him playing tonight without having practiced except for maybe 1 practice in 11 days?

TulaneAg
hate to say it but I think Buzz coach's better and this team plays better w/ a shorter bench...too many options and Buzz starts trying to do weird things strategically.

That being said, I worry about fatigue toward end of season as well w/ a super short bench so...who knows what the right answer is.
Method Man
If we can just hold on until they come back we will have some fresh options to plug in. Maybe get Ashton Smith back.
MarcAg
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

Quote:

txag72 said:

It was only 11 days.
Difference between playing today and being cleared to play. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make the trip. He is out of protocol though
MarcAg
AG
TulaneAg said:

hate to say it but I think Buzz coach's better and this team plays better w/ a shorter bench...too many options and Buzz starts trying to do weird things strategically.

That being said, I worry about fatigue toward end of season as well w/ a super short bench so...who knows what the right answer is.
I don't think it's specific to too many guys and options and weird stuff strategically. I think its because there is a huge drop-off in talent from our starters to our bench guys. So I think he has to come to the realization having fresh bodies in for defense and lots of subs comes at the cost of lack of talent.
DTP02
AG
TulaneAg said:

I don't think it's a shorter bench that's helping as much as it is the evolving roles for some of our current guys.

Manny being sidelined has helped us cut down on turnovers and allowed Boots to emerge more as our lead guard.

Garcia is a more efficient player than Solo so upping his minutes has helped. As high as my hopes are for Solo, it's been pretty clear to me all season that Garcia has needed more burn, and Solo's injury has facilitated that.

I don't think bringing those guys back is going to hurt us, but they need to have more limited roles when they do come back. Manny, specifically, needs to come back with less offensive usage and more focus on defense and rebounding.
Method Man
This. All of it.
Topher17
AG
Method Man said:

If we can just hold on until they come back we will have some fresh options to plug in. Maybe get Ashton Smith back.
Back?

Probably best to just assume you never see Ashton Smith in an A&M uniform at this point.
Method Man
I was trolling Marc Ag.
Topher17
AG
Went right over my head. Carry on
MarcAg
AG
I knew he was trolling, but I didn't know he was specifically trolling me
Method Man
Lol. Just you. You should be honored.
AggieEyes
AG
Manny defending and rebounding like a man possessed could help this team.

Manny thinking he's some combination of Jordan / Curry offensively is going to destroy this team.
MarcAg
AG
Speaking of big men who don't have much to offer, Aku actually put up a 13 pt, 6 reb and 5 blk game a few weeks ago in a close win for Grambling
Method Man
Really hard for a post man to do when he can't touch the rim.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Really hard for a post man to do when he can't touch the rim.
He also went 1-6 from FT line in that game
johnnyblaze36
AG
Looks like half of this has been answered now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.