Last Team In right now

3,162 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ColleyvilleAg06
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SEC Now just said it
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Whoop. This went well last year.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jigsaw87
NyAggie
AG
Gotta win at Arkansas or we'll be out again

Ark playing better now gonna be really tough
Topher17
AG
It's January, it doesn't matter.
Belton Ag
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Whoop. This went well last year.
Well that was at the very end. This time we have ample opportunity to move off the bubble.
bobinator
AG
Y'all know you don't have to live and die with bubble talk this early right? We're 7-1 in the SEC, just keep winning games and we'll be fine. This last in last out stuff this early takes away from what an incredible run we're on.
sugarmo2
AG
It's fun to talk about!
big red dog
Talk could actually be about running the table and win the conference
Pumpkinhead
AG
NyAggie said:

Vandy stressed me out much more than Arky will, cause we can more afford a loss on the road there.

We have 7 wins. 12 will almost certainly seal the deal.

10 games left. Need to grab the 3 remaining 'supposed to win' games vs Georgia at home and LSU and Ole Miss on the road.

Then win any 2 of the other 7. That is IMO the most realistic path. And this team is certainly playing well enough to do that.
TyperWoods
bobinator said:

Y'all know you don't have to live and die with bubble talk this early right? We're 7-1 in the SEC, just keep winning games and we'll be fine. This last in last out stuff this early takes away from what an incredible run we're on.

This.
Complete Idiot
Dennis and Radford had hand or finger injuries, hope they heal

Solomon and Obaseki actually do feel needed at times, but really happy we have a deep roster.

As long as we stay healthy and can keep the energy up in games, we'll be OK I think. There will be losses, and that's ok.
fightintxaggie10
AG
bobinator said:

That's what kinda annoys me. Lunardi talks about barely making it in but doesn't say anything about how we're 3rd in our Conf standings. We aren't getting left out of the tourney if we stay top 5.
Lake08
God forbid we talk about making the dance
DukeMu
ummmmmmmmmm...nothing Lunardi says actually matters.
WallyWonka
AG
TyHolden said:

SEC Now just said it

Why don't we just keep winning and there will be no doubt.

bdp514am
This, win the games we are supposed to. Take some of the 50/50 games and we are fine. End of the day I'm expecting a 6-7 seed
NyAggie
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

NyAggie said:

Vandy stressed me out much more than Arky will, cause we can more afford a loss on the road there.

10 games left. Need to grab the 3 remaining 'supposed to win' games vs Georgia at home and LSU and Ole Miss on the road.

Then win any 2 of the other 7. That is IMO the most realistic path. And this team is certainly playing well enough to do that.

Hop is saying 13-5, especially after the secs poor showing vs the big12

So that's 6-4 the rest of the way

Muy
AG
Even listening to Joe Lunardi will make everyone miss the fun season we're having. Eff that guy. He's the George Soros of bracketology.
bobinator
AG
It's not talking about making the dance in general, that's fine, but it's this splitting hairs over last team in or not this early. There's just entirely too many variables left out there.
jigsaw87
AG
I agree, especially when it comes to "braketology", but it's never too early to hope bubble teams lose because at some point the committee will compare resumes and we *may* need some of those fringe tournament teams to have losses in January that comes back to bite them and offsets some of our bad losses in November/December.

But if we continue to play well and win, none of that will matter.
txag72
AG
Quote:

BAS tells me the goal posts will be moved. SEC weak, not enough in non-con, yadda yadda yada. REALLY have to take one game at a time and just win baby.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, only thing I'd add is don't really know who the bubble teams are going to be. We can try and project but right now like 60 teams are potential bubble teams. Teams you wanted to lose yesterday you might want to win in a month.
BGAg1997
AG
At a minimum: Win 6 of our remaining games and we are in. That's 13-5 in the SEC.
jigsaw87
AG
That's true, but I try and look at leagues that may have bid stealers. For example, the Mountain West will get 3-4 teams in so a team like Nevada losing last night is important to us. The Big Ten probably gets 7-8 teams in so we need to pull for the middle of the conference to cannibalize itself (pull for Michigan to beat Penn St today). And the PAC-12 is a three bid league at most so pull for the teams at the bottom of the conference with only one or two conference wins to beat the top of the conference.
Pumpkinhead
AG
NyAggie said:

Pumpkinhead said:

NyAggie said:

Hop is saying 13-5, especially after the secs poor showing vs the big12

So that's 6-4 the rest of the way

I think 13-5 is a very conservative take if you are looking for 100% certainty. But 12-6 would likely be enough.
halfastros81
AG
All this last 4 in -first 4 out with ten more conference games to play is a bit ridiculous imo.

A & M is unique in that we had way too many bad losses in noncon. We knew if would take a great conference season to have a shot and we knew you have to win almost all home games to have any shot.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
I agree with Bobinator. I try not to feed too much into it which is why I waited 3 games between updates. There are 11+ more data points left for basically every team. Almost all of it will sort itself out and it will come down to like 6 teams fighting for 3 spots like always. It's good to have some kind of an idea of where stand but you have to take it with a grain of salt. If we go 7-3 over the last 10 none of it matters and we have a chance to be in the SEC title hunt. If we go 3-7 it doesn't really matter either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.