*****Aggies vs. Vanderbilt*****

33,228 Views | 668 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TyperWoods
AgSportsFan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies win, all that matters! Keep the train rolling, baby
Topher17
AG
Let down spot off a big win and found a way to win without playing our best ball. Happy to come away with a W and hopefully we can pull off another big win on Tuesday.
greg.w.h
AG
txag72 said:

Do we have to have breast cancer day on a conference game? Seriously. That is disconcerting.
Its cancer prevention month. They picked when and it needed to be a home game. Pick a better home game to distract than now 10th place Vandy???

It also lets the basketball players highlight women/moms since breast cancer awareness is October. It's also a promotion that can turn up player families and female fans.
Ag4eva95
Marble played is dumbest game of his A&M career so far, glad other stepped up!
kyledr04
AG
Great game
FTAG 2000
AG
cbmik95 said:

Marble played is dumbest game of his A&M career so far, glad other stepped up!

Tough spot for him basicslly having to guard small forward and guard.
fightintxaggie10
AG
We could have easily lost that game it seems like. I'm kinda annoyed by that, because I think if we lose that game we're likely out of the tournament, which is ridiculous to say at this point but based on what I read/hear that's what it seemed like. Good win from the team. Good turnout at Reed.

Sterling82
phatty26 said:

PatAg said:

Someone may have talked about this during the game, but we were cruising up double digits. For some inexplicable reason, we completely changed what we were doing and tried to slow play every possesion and let Vandy back into the game

And took Taylor off point and put Boots at point then he was just brutal from that point onward. We scored 8 points in the last 8:29

Stackhouse was just waiting for it to happen and they weren't going to let Boots go left under any circumstance. We end up floundering and it completely took the air out of our offense.
Decay
AG
Yeah we played really bad at times but pulled through. It wasn't a must win, but now we bought ourselves a little more leeway. We always knew that it was a tough climb if we wanted to make the dance and now we're putting that resume together.

One game at a time.
bdp514am
That is exactly the type of game you have to find a way to win if you want to be dancing in March. Obviously not our best effort. Marble didn't contribute that much. Radford was just off all night. Taylor didn't do much for a half. But they gutted it out and got an ugly win. I'll take it and be happy.
Sq 17
Have an atrocious OOC record and you will be on the bubble
94chem

Always loved Stack.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
phatty26
Winning that game will pay off later in the season. A total team win and Anderson Garcia with another HUGE play the rebound bucket. If we don't get that bucket we lose IMO
Method Man
Win is a win.
bobinator
AG
Imagine caring this much that the team wore pink for one game
BadMoonRisin
AG
bobinator
AG
HossAg
AG
They need to do a case study on how rapidly participation in F16 lowers an individual's IQ.
Method Man
Hate the pink UNIs. We seem to suck in them. Maybe it's a coincidence.
bobinator
AG
I hate the gray ones more.
DukeMu
Nice little Dub.

Survive and advance.
BadMoonRisin
AG
HossAg said:

They need to do a case study on how rapidly participation in F16 lowers an individual's IQ.
Oh yeah. The Texags General board. That's where the brain-trust lurks to find the brightest minds.
Method Man
Them too. White with maroon cursive Aggies da goat.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Still undefeated when I'm sitting in these season ticket seats

Glad to see back to back great crowds. Another 7:30 PM tip next Saturday against Georgia, let's do it again!
Divining Rod
YokelRidesAgain said:

Divining Rod said:

scared crap outta me. i googled vandy a&m to see gametime and i see headline Vanfy holds off A&M 72-67. couldnt believ we had such a huge letdown at home at this point.
IF WE LOSE THIS IS YOUR FAULT AND YOU SHOULD BAN YOURSELF

A&M holds off Vandy 72-66. Maybe I get some credit for setting up the turnabout!
TyperWoods
Didn't like the uniforms.

I don't like cause uniforms, period. Will there be a special uni for heart condition awareness? What about for Cirrhosis of the liver awareness, with special guest BCG? How about for muscular dystrophy? For swine flu? Legionnaire's disease? Ebola??? For hemorrhoids??????

Why not? All these affect brazzilions of people, and if you don't have a special uni for those causes, you obviously don't care about the people suffering.

The best way to not discriminate, is to not discriminate.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
We earned another hard fought SEC win at Reed Arena. As a result, we have improved to 15-6 and 7-1 in SEC games.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
bobinator said:

We'll be fine in the second half, the way Vandy can spread and shoot was going to give us problems at times.

Bet we end up pulling away late.

Nailed it!
Method Man
I care more about that than Lunardi.
Method Man
The number one killer of women is heart disease isn't it? I'm thankful everyone cares about breast cancer. Don't get me wrong.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Didn't like the uniforms.

I don't like cause uniforms, period. Will there be a special uni for heart condition awareness? What about for Cirrhosis of the liver awareness, with special guest BCG? How about for muscular dystrophy? For swine flu? Legionnaire's disease? Ebola??? For hemorrhoids??????

Why not? All these affect brazzilions of people, and if you don't have a special uni for those causes, you obviously don't care about the people suffering.

The best way to not discriminate, is to not discriminate.
Nailed it. Wear pink shoes, put on a ribbon if this is really a must thing. But GOD, no cancer is going to be cured by us looking like Pepto-Bismol. It's a distraction like all politics in sports.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Was closer than it should've been because they shot well from behind the arc and our boys were not up to their usual excellence at the free throw line.

But Garcia on the offensive boards and Coleman all game long (including his late game defense on their star shooter) closed the game right and got us the win to stay at "+3" on Buzz's SEC season scale.

NOW - slight shift in our regular schedule (going to Tuesday games for the next couple of weeks) might impact a team like us that had settled into a nice daily game prep rhythm.

Still...let's BTHO Arky on their home court this Tueaday and get to "+4"!!!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Just finished watching the game because I wasn't able to watch live. Come to the game thread to share some basketball thoughts and all I see are people crying about the uniforms. You morons are insufferable.
t - cam
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Just finished watching the game because I wasn't able to watch live. Come to the game thread to share some basketball thoughts and all I see are people crying about the uniforms. You morons are insufferable.

All good deeds must be punished.
Method Man
Thanks for curing breast cancer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.