Aggie's Final Five Home Games...

12,238 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by halfastros81
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...which are all of the regular season games at Reed Arena for the months of February and March - we host:

Georgia - which might be a bubble team they way they are playing under Mike White - and could be a win to put us on the right side of other SEC bubble teams.

Auburn - likely top 4 seed NCAAT team who may be competing for regular season conference title. Potential Quad 1 win for the Ags at home.

Arkansas - which is still ranked today in spite of their terrible start in conference play... and clearly expected to be a tournament team. If they right the ship, could also be a possible Quad 1 win opportunity.

Tennessee - many see as a top 2-3 seed in the NCAAT with NET high enough to represent yet another potential Quad 1 win for us.

Alabama - I am hoping this game determines SEC regular season conference champion - but regardless will be a final opportunity for a Quad 1 win over what many feel is a Final Four type of team before the SEC Tournament.

That is a HECKUVA finish at home. We should sell out every game with HUGE student attendance and crazy atmosphere at each - assuming we continue the style of play that our boys have demonstrated over the past several weeks and remain relevant and in the NCAAT discussion.

Even if we stumble a bit on the road in some tough environments later this season - we will have a chance to make it up with some potentially BIG wins at home - maximizing our own NET ranking at the right time!

Our NCAAT fate will really be in our own hands with what I believe could be the most favorable BIG GAME season ending home schedule that I have ever seen for the Fightin' Texas Aggies.

I'm already hyperventilating as I think about all of this! :-)

BTHO Florida!!!

Proposition Joe
Not to be a wet blanket, but we aint selling out mid-week basketball games unless we manage to be in the hunt for a conference title.
bingram1230
AG
Bet we get 12,000+ there tonight for midweek game
bobinator
AG
Yeah, we've probably sold out like three non-students-returning-from-winter-break midweek games in the entire history of the program, and they were probably all against Texas.
Proposition Joe
bingram1230 said:

Bet we get 12,000+ there tonight for midweek game

Because we're 4-0.

Like I said -- if we're still in the hunt for a conference title (8-2 or 7-3) by that home Auburn game then we could be nearing sellouts, but like much of this season's hopes that is going to depend on what we do once we hit the first big tests of our schedule (the last 10 days in January).
bobinator
AG
It's also the back from winter break game. That's a good crowd almost every year unless we really suck.
bingram1230
AG
You're right I just glanced over that part of the last post too quickly. Should be fun and hopefully this year we can keep it fun and no prolonged losing streaks
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
First - I want to get ahead of the obvious spelling error in post title - should've been Aggies'... not Aggie's. Sorry.

Second - I guess in my fantasy world we would be at or near the top of the SEC standings all season long - potentially contributing to excitement in our student body and local community (including those able to drive to College Station for a game or two) - savoring a winning team competing for a championship- especially after such a disappointing football season.

If that scenario were to come to fruition, I might try to fly out to one of those final home games from Albuquerque!
cs69ag
AG
Of those 5 big home closing games. Aub, Arky UT are Tues or Wed and GA, Bama on Sat

I am hoping we will be at least 7-2 when starting the last 9 games with GA the first at home of the Big5
and on a Tuesday night. If this team is still playing like they are now....very hard and very entertaining,
I think some pent up demand for a winner will create large crowds in the 10-12K+ range. We play GA, Aub and Arky before baseball's first game.

They say Defense travels...let's hope it remains suffocating at Reed!
rockwalltxag
AG
I just hate that the Alabama game is at 11:00 am
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I wish it were at 3 or 5. That's gonna be some early morning tailgating.
Uncle Jimbo
I love the team's improvement, but you're dreaming if you think we actually can contend with Bama and Tenn for a conference title.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Well...in that case and in honor of MLK Day this week:

"I have a DREAM...!"
awrollins
bobinator said:

Yeah, I wish it were at 3 or 5. That's gonna be some early morning tailgating.
Kentucky being at 1 this weekend will probably be helpful right?
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Going 2-2 or possibly even 3-1 in this tough 4-game stretch (3 of them on the road) that starts with Kentucky tomorrow will set us up nicely for this epic string of critical home games against most of the elite teams in conference - with a chance for multiple impressive Quad 1 wins!
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Bringing this one back up as many on the thread were hoping for us to be at least 7-2 to help encourage maximum fan interest and turnout.

We are there.

On the other hand, Georgia is not quite the bubble team I predicted, Auburn not quite playing at top 4 seed level (though if they had prevailed against WV they might still be there) but is still a Quad 1 win opportunity - and Arky, Tennessee, and Bama - all highly considered and highly ranked in NET all still represent Quad 1 win opportunities as well.

And all of these 5 teams are beatable on our home court!

BTHO Georgia this Saturday to win our 7th in a row at home and eventually finish out the season with a remarkable 11-game winning streak at home!!!
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Bringing this one back up as many on the thread were hoping for us to be at least 7-2 to help encourage maximum fan interest and turnout.

We are there.

On the other hand, Georgia is not quite the bubble team I predicted, Auburn not quite playing at top 4 seed level (though if they had prevailed against WV they might still be there) but is still a Quad 1 win opportunity - and Arky, Tennessee, and Bama - all highly considered and highly ranked in NET all still represent Quad 1 win opportunities as well.

And all of these 5 teams are beatable on our home court!

BTHO Georgia this Saturday to win our 7th in a row at home and eventually finish out the season with a remarkable 11-game winning streak at home!!!

i like your optimism and i like this team. i sure hope were in store for many more home wins this season.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Bringing this back up due to the report that for our first game of these critical final 5 home games at Reed Arena that we ARE in fact SOLD OUT!!!

I know several in this thread were talking about likelihood (or unlikelihoid) of selling out midweek games - but I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that if the Fightin' Texas Aggie Basketball team beats the HELL outta Georgia tonight that our Tuesday night home game against Auburn will also be sold out!!!
cs69ag
AG
Hope Auburn is a sellout! 6 pm start is tough on those who work till 5 pm and for students with late classes.

But with 70K+ students and 200K or so in BCS, surely we can can 12K at the game!
gopitt
Sellout tonight. Can't find a pair together. Reed will be rocking the last 5 home games..
txag72
AG
I'll take one or 2 tickets to any week night home game if you got 'em.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
One down.

Four to go...

To close the regular season with an 11 game winning streak on our home floor!
Houstonag
AG
I like what we are doing. Good talent and effort. If we have a weak spot it is defending the three. That can be a difference maker with a good opponent. Vanderbilt was a good example. Losing to Arkansas up there the threes were part but we all know why. The protracted trip to Arkansas clearly was apparent in the intensity and mental awareness.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
You are right.

But against Arky - if we just shoot free throws at our normal % - we likely win.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
rockwalltxag said:

I just hate that the Alabama game is at 11:00 am
Do they ever adjust tip-off times based on results?

Say in some magical universe where this ends up being the game that decides the SEC regular season championship it'd be pretty frustrating for it to be kept locked in at 11:00
AggieNattie
We only have one more Saturday home game against the gumps bright and early. The other remaining home games are all midweek and during rush hour (besides Arky). Not a good thing as far as people having work and many students having late classes. Pretty sure we can still sellout!
brunsie
AG
Good win over georgia.

1 down 8 to go.

One game at a time. Gig'em Ags!!
LPCAg
AG
I am fairly certain game times are not altered even when it's a big match up.
Ag13
AG
AggieNattie said:

We only have one more Saturday home game against the gumps bright and early. The other remaining home games are all midweek and during rush hour (besides Arky). Not a good thing as far as people having work and many students having late classes. Pretty sure we can still sellout!
6pm on a weeknight is a hard tip to make from Houston/Dallas. Hopefully there is a very long line of students for these remaining games (starting against Auburn) and they can be allowed to fill in the unsold seats. Love when momentum gets rolling with Aggie basketball and the crowds follow in huge numbers.
MetrocrestAg
I am selling one to the Auburn game.

Section 107, row d, seat 11

Asking $35, will transfer through 12th man, pay with Venmo.

Please text me, 979-218-2995 if interested.
brunsie
AG
brunsie said:

Good win over georgia.

1 down 8 to go.

One game at a time. Gig'em Ags!!

Good tough win over Auburn.

2 down 7 to go. Let's keep this streak going!!
DukeMu
Either Tennessee or Bama is going down in the AggieDome.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

One down.

Four to go...

To close the regular season with an 11 game winning streak on our home floor!

Great win to complete the sweep against what I believe will be a tournament team!!!

Regarding these final five home games:

Two down.

Three to go...

To close the regular season with an 11 game winning streak on our home floor!!
txag72
AG
Sorry about that. Didn't see this soon enough.
txag72
AG
Noooooo. Holler House on the Brazos.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.