Fort Worth Doubleheader Partner Game Announced

4,178 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by greg.w.h
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Id rather go to Reed (straight up the almost finished Aggies Expressway) 65 mile away or Toyota Center. Why are we playing these damn neutral sight games in FTW all the time? There are more Aggies in Metro Houston than in DFW.
Peace for Ukraine!
Anchorhold
It's pretty even between Houston and Fort Worth lately.

2018-2019 - vs t.u. at Rice
2019-2020 - vs t.u. at Dickies Arena
2020-2021 - vs TCU at Dickies
2021-2022 - vs TCU at Toyota
2022-2023 - vs Boise at Dickies
2022-2023 - Final Four at NRG
Aggie09Derek
AG
My issue is why not just schedule home/home with SMU/TCU/UH

Every season play 1 game in either DFW or Houston and in return get good home games.
greg.w.h
AG
monarch said:

Id rather go to Reed (straight up the almost finished Aggies Expressway) 65 mile away or Toyota Center. Why are we playing these damn neutral sight games in FTW all the time? There are more Aggies in Metro Houston than in DFW.
Probably to help recruiting in North Texas. We don't know for sure.
Gap
AG
Anchorhold said:

It's pretty even between Houston and Fort Worth lately.

2018-2019 - vs t.u. at Rice
2019-2020 - vs t.u. at Dickies Arena
2020-2021 - vs TCU at Dickies
2021-2022 - vs TCU at Toyota
2022-2023 - vs Boise at Dickies
The best attended game of the 5 wasn't even an actual game. It was an exhibition fundraiser thrown together like a week before to raise money for Hurricane Harvey relief.

As far as real games go, that is 3 in Fort Worth and 1 Houston.
Gap
AG
Little secret - these neutral site games do nothing for recruiting in football or basketball. You want kids on campus in the facilities they will use and practice in everyday. 30 years ago when newspapers were king and everybody took one, they drove a small buzz in your city, but those days are long gone.
greg.w.h
AG
Gap said:

Little secret - these neutral site games do nothing for recruiting in football or basketball. You want kids on campus in the facilities they will use and practice in everyday. 30 years ago when newspapers were king and everybody took one, they drove a small buzz in your city, but those days are long gone.
Sources for substantiation please. Otherwise I'll treat it as opinion.
Gap
AG
greg.w.h said:

Gap said:

My opinion having worked specifically in athletic recruiting for A&M for 3 years.

And this is an opinion board. Kind of the purpose of us being here. Just seems like common sense too.
greg.w.h
AG
Gap said:

greg.w.h said:

Gap said:

My opinion having worked specifically in athletic recruiting for A&M for 3 years.

And this is an opinion board. Kind of the purpose of us being here. Just seems like common sense too.
So only opinion with substantiation. Cool. My opinion is our coaches do it for recruiting and have said that's why they do it. But you could be smarter than they are with your years as a fan. It also allows parents to visit more conveniently for unofficials and when we are home team of record we also can do official visits.

I'm not saying it's highly effective, but it only has to be merely effective to make it interesting to the coaches. Houston v. DFW is a separate topic as is fan support. The population of the metro areas are nearly on par with Houston metro area estimated at 6.6 and DFW at 6.5.
Gap
AG
greg.w.h said:

Gap said:

greg.w.h said:

Gap said:

and when we are home team of record we also can do official visits.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Congrats!
Proposition Joe
It's never been about recruiting.

Just like the football neutral sites games, it's about guaranteed payout.
Anchorhold
Aggie09Derek said:

My issue is why not just schedule home/home with SMU/TCU/UH
I think this is year 1 of a home/home with SMU starting in College Station. I'm all in support of home / home series but I will sure take advantage of basketball games that are close to where I live at the time; whether in Houston or the metroplex.
Kellso
Expert Analysis said:

In 3 years I think A&M, tu, Baylor, and Tech should create an annual 2 game event. SEC vs Big12 switch opponent each year. Switch between Houston and Dallas/Ft.Worth every 2 years.
I am not sure what the SEC Big12 challenge will look like in the future if it even happens, but this can be in addition to that.
If you invite Houston and Oklahoma St you are talking about one of the more competitive and compelling mid season regional tournaments in the United States.

Events like this are all about creating buzz in the big city urban environments.
greg.w.h
AG
Proposition Joe said:

It's never been about recruiting.

Just like the football neutral sites games, it's about guaranteed payout.
Usually there is minimal advantage unless you sell tickets to your fans which begs the question of the reason for doing it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.