Thought this was interesting

1,876 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bobinator
awrollins
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Hoping Wade takes that next big step.
greg.w.h
AG
In. Though putting those expectations on a single guard might be premature for any player we saw last year. Though please realize any player in basketball can make huge leaps in one summer. It's just unusual to do that.
Method Man
He can be an elite scorer. Haven't seen much in the way of distributing or great decision making yet but I like he fearlessness.
bobinator
AG
You can basically read most Rothstein tweets as "here's something a coach texted me." So it's at least good news that our coaches are high on Taylor heading into the season.
zooguy96
Taylor, Obaseki, Marble, Radford, Coleman, Gordon, Garcia, and Dennis is a really good nucleus to start from.

I think the biggest issue will be ball distribution and secondarily a guy who can get his own shot. We will miss Q in that respect - but, I think Radford and Obaseki can fill that role. I expect Taylor, Obaseki, and Coleman to be improved.. and the others new players should fit in well (Marble more of a low post threat... Garcia and Dennis lock-down perimeter defenders who can also guard multiple positions).

This is the type of team Buzz typically does well with - many guys who can fill multiple positions (6'3" - 6'7" type guys). I expect to make the tournament this year... if not.. huge disappointment.
bobinator
AG
zooguy96 said:

I expect to make the tournament this year... if not.. huge disappointment.
If we don't make the tournament this year it's time to see if we have the money to fire Buzz. I'd just say it would be time to fire him but it's not my money so leaving that little caveat.

But it's not going to happen. This team will make the field and it shouldn't even be close. That's where everyone's expectations need to be going into this season.
rlb28
AG
I saw Cadougan play a couple times in HS. Forgot he went to Marquette.

Quote:

In 2006, Cadougan transferred to Christian Life Center Academy in Humble, Texas. Cadougan was a three-year letterman at the school, and in his 200809 senior year, he led the team to the National Association of Christian Athletes Elite Division I national championship; he was named the tournament's most outstanding offensive player.
While I was looking up Cadougan's recruitment, I found this gem of story about Buzz... Oh and there's a Daniel Alexander mention as well. LOL

Buzz
Know Your Enemy
AG
Quote:

Like every profession, you have some guys who punch a clock and then you have guys who work until the job is done. That's Buzz. He's relentless. I remember one time when he was at Texas A&M I mentioned some obscure player that I'd gotten a tip on that lived in some isolated Louisiana town. I mentioned it casually to Buzz. The next day I got a 3AM phone call form Buzz waking me and cussing me out that he was driving 6 hours to see if this guy was a prospect. Turns out he was Southland Conference caliber. No stone unturned...lol.
An L of an Ag
AG
The last PG we had with a "IV" behind his name worked out pretty well.
Hop
Staff
AG
Taylor needs to add more to his arsenal if he's going to take the next step. Teams figured him out midway through the season that he basically had one move and he wasn't nearly as productive the second half of the season.

I personally think this offense runs through Radford next season.
bobinator
AG
I think Radford will almost certainly have our highest usage numbers, but having more options in the low post should help Taylor also. Last year all of our guards had the issue of not having any good options even if they got in the paint. Teams would keep a man between Coleman and the basket but otherwise they were basically free to help. We were one of the absolute worst teams in the country at getting shots blocked.

I agree he needs to add to his game, but with Marble and some other options (Garcia? Ashton? Maybe Brown will have gotten better...? Maybe you can play Washington and Coleman together?) there should be a little more space on the court to work with this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.