Jerrance Howard no longer on Longhorn staff

3,581 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by amercer
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know if this was just he and Beard didn't get along or if he got himself in some troubles. But Buzz knows him well and he's known as a great recruiter. If the issues aren't too severe here, I would love to see us bring him back tl Aggieland. I put the odds of that happening at about 5%

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2022/8/4/23292962/jerrance-howard-leaves-texas-longhorns-basketball-bob-donewald
Know Your Enemy
AG
Very interesting.
Know Your Enemy
AG

Friend of mine was actually in contact with Howard about a HS player and this is what he told me is the reason. Beard threw Howard under the bus when this story got out.
Know Your Enemy
AG
MarcAg
AG
I don't think he was let go because he "didn't make it go away". He would have a heck of a lawsuit if that was the case. Now more likely could be Beard getting pissed it didn't go away and them having some words and both of them deciding they didn't want to work together anymore
Know Your Enemy
AG
MarcAg said:

I don't think he was let go because he "didn't make it go away". He would have a heck of a lawsuit if that was the case. Now more likely could be Beard getting pissed it didn't go away and them having some words and both of them deciding they didn't want to work together anymore
And then he would never work in the profession again if he sued Beard and UT for that.
AgEfan
Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

And then he would never work in the profession again if he sued Beard and UT for that.
He wouldn't need to.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgEfan said:

Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

He wouldn't need to.
Lol, you don't know a lot about coaches, do you?
taylorswift13
AG
Love how a Twitter profile with Barney is breaking the news lol
carl spacklers hat
From your boy Brad's ****ter:

People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
AgEfan
Know Your Enemy said:

AgEfan said:

Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

He wouldn't need to.
You don't know much about wrongful termination suits against minorities involving state institutions. If he was asked to cover up a crime and did not and get fired as result he would not have to work again if he had a good legal team.
Know Your Enemy
AG
My boy?
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgEfan said:

Know Your Enemy said:

AgEfan said:

Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

He wouldn't need to.
You don't know much about wrongful termination suits against minorities involving state institutions. If he was asked to cover up a crime and did not and get fired as result he would not have to work again if he had a good legal team.
I'm fully aware of that. You clearly didn't grasp the implied meaning of my last reply. Should I get a box of crayons out and draw you a picture so you can understand?
MarcAg
AG
I dont know if the offer only applies to agefan, but I'll take the crayon drawing as I don't know what the heck you are talking about.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Coaches are a different breed. They live, eat, and breathe their profession. Their entire identity is wrapped up in the sport. They aren't looking for a quick pay day that will end that career. You might as well drive a stake through their heart. He knows that he will easily find another job if he keeps his mouth shut as to why he was forced out. And unless Beard is a moron and said "Hey. I'm firing you because you didn't make sure this story disappeared" on tape or in an e-mail it isn't even a slam dunk win. Plus there could be dirt on Howard that would come out in a lawsuit that would bring on much more serious issues for him.
SpiderM85
MadMax
Know Your Enemy said:

Coaches are a different breed. They live, eat, and breathe their profession. Their entire identity is wrapped up in the sport. They aren't looking for a quick pay day that will end that career. You might as well drive a stake through their heart. He knows that he will easily find another job if he keeps his mouth shut as to why he was forced out. And unless Beard is a moron and said "Hey. I'm firing you because you didn't make sure this story disappeared" on tape or in an e-mail it isn't even a slam dunk win. Plus there could be dirt on Howard that would come out in a lawsuit that would bring on much more serious issues for him.

Quite the crayon masterpiece you just displayed!
Know Your Enemy
AG
It's really common sense for anyone that's actually followed the sport for any extended period of time more than just watching March Madness.
Method Man
Beard should replace him with Don Cheadle.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Beard should replace him with Don Cheadle.
I need the cartoon drawing explaining this joke.
Method Man
Don Cheadle replaced Terrance Howard on the Iron Movies. Like one person Would get it.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Don Cheadle replaced Terrance Howard on the Iron Movies. Like one person Would get it.
Maybe instead you could have had said; "How are they going to replace that hustle and flow he provided".
greg.w.h
AG
Method Man said:

I knew what you were talking about.
amercer
AG
I understood that reference
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.