PJ Tucker…

3,536 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ontheway
Wranglers_04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still dribbling
LPCAg
AG

PatAg
AG
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?!
LPCAg
AG
Morgan Freeman "He's Right, You Know" image was flagged by the content filter??
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah, but it is a $33M dribble now
war hymn aggie
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

SMH at the astronomical salaries that these guys are agreeing to.
frenchtoast
I wonder if it's too late for me to learn how to play basketball.
greg.w.h
AG
war hymn aggie said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

SMH that owners see doubling in value about every five years. Cuban bought the club for $280 million in 2000. Forbes estimates it was worth $2.7 billion as of October 2022. Imagine if he had to accomplish that with clowns and elephants…

https://www.forbes.com/teams/dallas-mavericks/?sh=408378d375b9
CapCityAg89
AG
Wait?! I heard the NBA was dying and nobody watched. Hmmm.
Rocinante
war hymn aggie said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

Why?
Traveler
AG
greg.w.h said:

war hymn aggie said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

SMH that owners see doubling in value about every five years. Cuban bought the club for $280 million in 2000. Forbes estimates it was worth $2.7 billion as of October 2022. Imagine if he had to accomplish that with clowns and elephants…

I mean it's an 11%/y return - excellent for sure, but I'm not taking investment advice from Cuban (Entrepreneurship, absolutely)

I think contracts like this are terrible because of the salary cap - PJ Tucker is not worth the amount of Salary cap he's taking up.

Dame Lillard to a 60+ mil/year extension - great for him, but that DECREASES the chance of the Blazers getting beyond the 1st rd of playoffs going forward.

But, absolutely love PJ (except when we lost the ability to shoot corner 3's for the Rockets), glad he's getting paid.
Faustus
Traveler said:

greg.w.h said:

war hymn aggie said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

I mean it's an 11%/y return - excellent for sure, but I'm not taking investment advice from Cuban (Entrepreneurship, absolutely)

I think contracts like this are terrible because of the salary cap - PJ Tucker is not worth the amount of Salary cap he's taking up.

Dame Lillard to a 60+ mil/year extension - great for him, but that DECREASES the chance of the Blazers getting beyond the 1st rd of playoffs going forward.

But, absolutely love PJ (except when we lost the ability to shoot corner 3's for the Rockets), glad he's getting paid.
PJ Tucker is getting paid $10-11 million per year for three years by the 76ers.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers/pj-tucker-11059/#:~:text=P.J.%20Tucker%20signed%20a%203,dead%20cap%20value%20of%20%2410%2C490%2C000.

The salary cap is just over $123 million.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-salary-cap-for-2022-23-season-set-at-just-over-123-million

PJ is going to be a rotation guy, who plays hard D, and sets up for the corner 3. He'll take charges and rebound. He won't demand the ball, and be upset if he doesn't score points.

Last season he averaged 7.6 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 2.1 assists in just under 28 minutes a game for Miami. He shot 48.5% from the field, and an outstanding 41.5 three point FG percentage.

You need PJ Tuckers on the team to offset the stars who take all the shots, demand the glory, and want the big money contracts. He may be aging out of the league, but that contract and his role are coveted - which is why he's stayed employed despite being 37 years old.
94chem
I never can remember what SMH means.
PJYoung
AG
94chem said:

I never can remember what SMH means.
ontheway
AG
Nor I. Cl '57 here. I forget sxxt. SMH?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.