Buzz setting up Ags for a few more years

3,439 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TAM85
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buzz consistently mentioned the youthfulness of his team (and how they led the nation in lack of minutes played together). Looking at the roster it's still a glaring stat. We don't know how the players are going to use the Covid year, here's their 2022-23 classification:

Ethan Henderson - senior

Tyrece Radford - junior
Andre Gordon - junior
Julius Marble - junior

Wade Taylor - sophomore
Manny Obaseki - sophomore
Andersson Garcia - sophomore
Erik Pratt - sophomore
Hayden Hefner - sophomore
Henry Coleman - sophomore
Ashton Smith -sophomore
Javonte Brown - sophomore

Jordan Williams - freshman
Solomon Washington - freshman
bobinator
AG
Yeah we're going to be a team that definitely isn't young, but also still has quite a bit of eligibility left next year.
GrayMatter
AG
I was reading on ESPN on players leaving/staying next season and saw that Henderson was leaving.

Do they know something we don't?

Yeah now that I've read the list, it's not accurate. Jalen has used up his eligibility.

Quote:

Texas A&M Aggies
Departed or expected to depart: Quenton Jackson (14.8 PPG), Marcus Williams (7.9 PPG), Hassan Diarra (6.2 PPG), Aaron Cash (2.4 PPG), Ethan Henderson (2.0 PPG)
In limbo:
Expected to return: Henry Coleman III (11.0 PPG), Tyrece Radford (10.9 PPG), Wade Taylor IV (8.2 PPG), Andre Gordon (5.4 PPG), Manny Obaseki (3.6 PPG), Hayden Hefner (3.5 PPG), Javonte Brown (1.5 PPG), Jalen Johnson (redshirt)
Newcomers: Solomon Washington (four-star), Jordan Williams (NR), Erik Pratt (JC)
Obviously, it's not up to date to include Marble and Garcia.
dcaggie04
AG
With the announcement our Marble yesterday, that means Buzz ahas to aready know another player was in the portal before the drop dead date but nobody has announced it. I don't see any other conclusion.
Pumpkinhead
AG
GrayMatter said:

I was reading on ESPN on players leaving/staying next season and saw that Henderson was leaving.

Do they know something we don't?

Yeah now that I've read the list, it's not accurate. Jalen has used up his eligibility.

Quote:

Texas A&M Aggies
Departed or expected to depart: Quenton Jackson (14.8 PPG), Marcus Williams (7.9 PPG), Hassan Diarra (6.2 PPG), Aaron Cash (2.4 PPG), Ethan Henderson (2.0 PPG)
In limbo:
Expected to return: Henry Coleman III (11.0 PPG), Tyrece Radford (10.9 PPG), Wade Taylor IV (8.2 PPG), Andre Gordon (5.4 PPG), Manny Obaseki (3.6 PPG), Hayden Hefner (3.5 PPG), Javonte Brown (1.5 PPG), Jalen Johnson (redshirt)
Newcomers: Solomon Washington (four-star), Jordan Williams (NR), Erik Pratt (JC)
Obviously, it's not up to date to include Marble and Garcia.
Once Marble happened I'm taking a wild guess that Henderson might depart. They need to make room for Marble and he is going to be ahead of Henderson on the roster.
MarcAg
AG
dcaggie04 said:

With the announcement our Marble yesterday, that means Buzz ahas to aready know another player was in the portal before the drop dead date but nobody has announced it. I don't see any other conclusion.

Maybe. But it could also mean one of the recruits won't be enrolling.
lbasham
AG
Could Henderson become a grad transfer and not count against the 13 like Q Jackson did? Is this feasible?
Scarborough Ag
dcaggie04
AG
lbasham said:

Could Henderson become a grad transfer and not count against the 13 like Q Jackson did? Is this feasible?

No. Q didn't count because he was a "super senior" (extra senior season due to covid) and the NCAA said schools could have the "super seniors" not counting against the 13 scholarship limit to help schools out. That was only for last year.

Has nothing to do with grad transfers. Everything is back to strict 13 scholarships this year.
EliteZags
AG
couldn't we just "strip" his scholarship then NIL his tuition expenses etc as a walkon?
MarcAg
AG
EliteZags said:

couldn't we just "strip" his scholarship then NIL his tuition expenses etc as a walkon?

No
Ags #1
AG
Hefner was a freshman this year, so he will be a sophmore next year?
bobinator
AG
This gets a little confusing, because as fans we usually classify players by how much eligibility they have left, where the team is going to classify them by how many years they've played.

Hefner will be playing his third season, so by service time he's a junior, but he'll still have two full years of eligibility left after this season. Same with Coleman.

It's probably easiest to think of them as Covid-redshirt Sophomores.
Ags #1
AG
Ahhhhhh. Ok thanks!
TAM85
I believe Jalen is not playing next year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.