JJ Caldwell Returns to College

5,150 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by NORMANGEAN94
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
To be honest, I haven't followed his latest case but it was dropped and JJ is ready for a return to basketball. It's been what…7-8 years since he originally signed with A&M?

I wish the young man well. It's been a tough 5/6 years for him.

Artimus Gordon
What case? Not curious enough to look it up though?

Gig'em J J.
greg.w.h
AG
https://www.santafenewmexican.com/sports/lobos/lobos-guard-caldwell-formally-charged-with-battery/article_d2af8774-46e0-11ea-88e1-4b888d6e6605.html

February update…note another charge was still being investigated at that time…

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/sports/lobos/misdemeanor-battery-charge-dropped-against-lobos-point-guard-caldwell/article_66f3e5f2-489d-11ea-8330-932873518351.html
greg.w.h
AG
His dismissal cause from Texas A&M prior:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/ams-caldwell-dismissed-chandler-suspended-indefinitely

His public apology after the possession charge:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/recently-dismissed-texas-player-jj-caldwell-issues-apology/

Know Your Enemy
AG
The thread title had me thinking he was back at A&M.
jmcfar_98
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Horrible thread title. Ban the OP.
Hop
Staff
AG
Actually thought Caldwell was returning to A&M?

Would you believe that Jamal Branch is coming back for his Covid year?
jja79
AG
What else would one think when reading the thread title?
Hop
Staff
AG
jja79 said:

That he is returning to college basketball. I figured anybody on this board realizes Buzz would never take him and we don't have a spot for him. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting news about a former player from 5-6 years ago.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hop said:

jja79 said:

That he is returning to college basketball. I figured anybody on this board realizes Buzz would never take him and we don't have a spot for him. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting news about a former player from 5-6 years ago.
11 people have starred my post so apparently I wasn't the only one confused.
bobinator
AG
clicked on this because I thought the title got cut off and it said 'JJ Caldwell returns to college station"

Very misleading IMO
greg.w.h
AG
Just to be clear: I had a vague memory of both the Cillege Station and New Mexico charges and felt a link to an actual article was better than open speculation or discussion. I wish JJ the best. But he needs to quit searching for life lessons like truffles with his favorite pig…
Hop
Staff
AG
greg.w.h said:

Just to be clear: I had a vague memory of both the Cillege Station and New Mexico charges and felt a link to an actual article was better than open speculation or discussion. I wish JJ the best. But he needs to quit searching for life lessons like truffles with his favorite pig…
It clearly wasn't speculation. I attached the actual Tweet from him saying his case has been dismissed. Just thought it was an interesting nugget on a former player in the offseason.
HossAg
AG
Yeah my first thought reading the thread title was that he was coming back here
greg.w.h
AG
Hop said:

greg.w.h said:

It clearly wasn't speculation. I attached the actual Tweet from him saying his case has been dismissed. Just thought it was an interesting nugget on a former player in the offseason.
I wasn't suggesting the post was speculation. I was trying to provide the background without relying on my memory…
OriolePete
Objection! Hearsay.
_lefraud_
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Horrible thread title. Ban the OP.

Is Hop on the hot seat?!
greg.w.h
AG
AstroPete said:

Objection! Hearsay.
No problem. I'll just make things up then.
NORMANGEAN94
I'm with Hop. "Returns to College" doesn't imply that he's returning here....otherwise "College" would be followed by "Station". Not hatin. Just sayin.
jja79
AG
Was the thread title edited?
Method Man
Who?
Tamuco99
NORMANGEAN94 said:

I'm with Hop. "Returns to College" doesn't imply that he's returning here....otherwise "College" would be followed by "Station". Not hatin. Just sayin.

You are late to the party... "to college" was added to the thread title
Aggie1188
greg.w.h said:

His dismissal cause from Texas A&M prior:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/ams-caldwell-dismissed-chandler-suspended-indefinitely

His public apology after the possession charge:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/recently-dismissed-texas-player-jj-caldwell-issues-apology/

I hope there were other reasons for his dismissal from here. Embarrassing to kick a kid off for weed. Obviously didn't help him in the longterm.
NORMANGEAN94
Tamuco99 said:

NORMANGEAN94 said:

You are late to the party... "to college" was added to the thread title

Holy Smokes! People are editing thread titles!?!?
Elon is SO gonna fix this when he buys TexAgs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.