Non conference schedule set

10,592 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MarcAg
@coopercuffe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
meh

Schrute Farms
Yikes
bobinator
AG
Not great, but not abhorrent like last year. We need to win that tournament though.
Tavares19
AG
Schedules like this leaves you less room for error come conference time. Disgusting schedule
@coopercuffe
bobinator said:

Not great, but not abhorrent like last year. We need to win that tournament though.
it's worse than last years IMO, our tournament isn't nearly as good as Maui was this year.
HoopsAg
Worse
MarcAg
AG
That is actually much better than I expected.
EDIT- Except I figured we were in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge but I guess not
texasaggie2015
AG
That's awful
AgEfan
I am actually shocked we have a good road game like Memphis. And we have two road games.
I don't know what you all expected. Did you think Duke and Indiana were going to be on the schedule? I mean look at the history of our schedules. And as far as the tournament, there are only so many of those tournaments. You can't have more than one SEC team in those tournaments so we aren't always going to be in one of those top tournaments. Plus those are done in advance and probably done last year and the way our program looked last Feb I doubt anyone was thinking; "Texas A&M would be great for our tournament".
Method Man
Memphis might suck ass
bobinator
AG
It's definitely not worse. Going to Tulane and Memphis are decent games, Oregon State can't be as bad as they were last year. Wofford is better than everyone we played at home last year.

Commerce, Monroe, Lamar, NW St. and PV all suck, but that's one fewer trash game than we had last season.

It will depend on who we play in that tournament. The three teams we played last year had a combined NET of 185. It won't be as good, but depending on how they set up the bracket it may not be a ton worse.

But, it does put us in the same place where we're going to need to win some big games in league play, which we didn't really do this year.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Memphis might suck ass
I expect Memphis to clean up in the portal.
BQ_90
AG
MarcAg said:

That is actually much better than I expected.
EDIT- Except I figured we were in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge but I guess not
it was changed to a 2 year rotation, I think, so again we won't be in it for 22-23 season
bobinator
AG
We should move the Commerce game to like 9AM Saturday to kick off tailgating instead of playing it on black friday.
BQ_90
AG
bobinator said:

We should move the Commerce game to like 9AM Saturday to kick off tailgating instead of playing it on black friday.
make it free admission like the NIT games, or will piss off the season ticket holders too much.
SECTAMU#1
If we could replace Abilen Christian with TCU; A&M Commerce with UNT and PVAMU with either New Mexico State or LA Tech, I would be much more excited about our nonconference schedule.
bobinator
AG
Yes, if we replaced all the bad teams with better teams, it would be better.
MarcAg
AG
Murray St is the last team added to that tournament we are in. I mean their whole team plays for LSU now, but its better than Hofstra.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
This is a good outline for the upcoming season, but it isn't a complete look. The team is looking to add some games and if they get those games on the schedule, I would guess others get moved or go away.

This is a good shell of what is to come for 2022-2023.

And, I think bobinator is on to something by playing a 9:00a game with a tailgating theme to prep for football in the afternoon!!!
frenchtoast
Because I have nothing better to do with my time, I went through the mostly pointless exercise of comparing this non-conference schedule with last season's based on the end of season KenPom team rankings. I have no idea how different these teams will be next season, so this doesn't really have much meaning. I weighted each opponents ranking based on if it is a home game, neutral site or away game (0.8 for road games, 1 for neutral, 1.2 for home games). Assuming we play the three worst teams in the Conway, SC tournament, our SOS is pretty much the same as last year's.

I haven't linked photos before, so no idea if this image will be readable when I hit post.
Hop
Staff
AG
I'd substitute one of your 200 placeholders in Myrtle Beach with a Top 35. That should make a difference.
frenchtoast
Agreed! I was just looking at worst case scenario.

I also forgot to add Murray State to the tourney list at the bottom. Their final KenPom rating was 36.

If I replace Tulsa (171) with Murray (36), that brings our schedule rating down to 213.7. Hopefully they can add another game as Logan indicated (and get rid of the Commerce game - we should never ever ever play lower division schools).
Gap
AG
I don't think any honest fan can say that is what we need. I'm actually shocked if that is what we roll with. Hopefully, it isn't.
bobinator
AG
Commerce isn't lower division anymore. Next year is their first year as D1.

Also surely Oregon State won't be as bad as they were this year. They almost can't be.
timm
Good to know.
miller0926
AG
You're missing A&M-Commerce (who weren't D1 last year, so obviously don't have any Kenpom).

Pretty sure this year will be their first year in D1, so don't be surprised at another pretty low NET team.
CactusThomas
AG
Ducking Dallas Christian. Lame

They were coming for revenge.
Method Man
How did we miss the damn sec big 12 challenge???
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

How did we miss the damn sec big 12 challenge???

Apparently when you are out of the rotation you are out for two years.
Method Man
Oof. Covid exemption!!!
MarcAg
AG
It's because you do a home and home with the AAC, but we even lost out on our game with that last year.
greg.w.h
AG
It's only awful if we lose games we should win. Getting beat by the Commerce Tig…umm…Lions would be embarrassing…
frenchtoast
Yeah, I left off Dallas Baptist from last year and A&M Commerce for next year since there was no data. I figured they'd both be a wash anyway.
greg.w.h
AG
frenchtoast said:

Yeah, I left off Dallas Baptist from last year and A&M Commerce for next year since there was no data. I figured they'd both be a wash anyway.
Commerce has some similarities with Prairie View in athletics. I wouldn't sleep in either in part because both are system schools and beating us matters to them.
MarcAg
AG
John Rothstein has Colorado 43rd in his top 45 early rankings.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.