A&M - Memphis

2,926 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gstu11
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Home and home…

But won't Memphis be a shell if itself next season?

bobinator
AG
Cmon hop this was already in the schedule thread, keep up man!

But yes, the NCAA is probably about to nuke Memphis, but that's okay, even the worst Memphis team of the last ten years would still be in the top tier of non-con opponents for us.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Cmon hop this was already in the schedule thread, keep up man!

But yes, the NCAA is probably about to nuke Memphis, but that's okay, even the worst Memphis team of the last ten years would still be in the top tier of non-con opponents for us.

The quality of Memphis 2022 was not discussed. Is this schedule better than last year when you take into account the November tournament?

Certainly, the schedule has more 100-200 teams and fewer 200+ teams, but where are the quad 1 quality win opportunities?

Boise, Loyola?

Hasn't Memphis lost a lot of its roster due to the allegations?
Method Man
Will we ever learn?
Double Diamond
NCAA won't nuke Memphis till well after this series is over. I bet they field a somewhat okay team next season.
MarcAg
AG
I am going to predict Memphis is at the very least as good as they were last year.
bobinator
AG
They ended up with a NET of 31, you think they'll be at least that good?

I think they'll be fine but I don't think they'll be a borderline top 25 team.
LawHall88
AG
Memphis is favored to get Kendric Davis out of the portal, so that's something.
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

They ended up with a NET of 31, you think they'll be at least that good?

I think they'll be fine but I don't think they'll be a borderline top 25 team.
Let's revisit in July when the roster is finalized. I might issue a retraction at that time if Penny bombs in the portal, but I don't think he will
MarcAg
AG
LawHall88 said:

I see a lot of people saying Texas Tech too
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

LawHall88 said:

He would be an interesting fit at Tech - a 5'11" offense-first guard. Last year's team was big and focused on defense. They also had some trouble scoring now and then, so maybe Adams is tweaking his approach a little.
Hop
Staff
AG
Boise St. just announced they signed a 6-foot-10 dude that was a Top 75 national prospect and had an offer from Auburn among others.

They were very good last year. Have they lost much this offseason? Can ask the same question of Loyola.

If they remain Top 35 NET teams, the schedule will be OK. If not…not so much.
gstu11
With the Tulane and Memphis games on the road they both might end up Quad 1 wins.
bobinator
AG
Colorado is okay also. That tournament is probably going to end up being just fine, it would just be nice to have a couple of shots at legit good teams. I didn't really expect any though.
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

Colorado is okay also. That tournament is probably going to end up being just fine, it would just be nice to have a couple of shots at legit good teams. I didn't really expect any though.
Colorado is better than okay
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

I'm most surprised that we didn't do a neutral site game in December against a Tech, Baylor, TCU, etc. in Dallas or Houston.

Is Tad Boyle still at CU? They've seemed pretty mediocre to me in recent years. Top 100 type squad, right?. The only way I see that tourney pays off is to play Boise/Loyola in the semis and finals. Lose a game and play two games against any of the other 4-5 teams and it's problematic.

We also need Memphis to be good. Maybe they rake it in the portal, but I thought they lost 3-4 really good players to transfer.
MarcAg
AG
Tad Boyle is 44-21 last 2 years. Lunardi has Colorado as an 11 seed for 2023 tourney.
Hop
Staff
AG
MarcAg said:

Tad Boyle is 44-21 last 2 years. Lunardi has Colorado as an 11 seed for 2023 tourney.

They were on the lower side of the top 100 in NET, right? Hell, Lunardi has us as a 6-seed.
bobinator
AG
Yeah they were 74 this year. It's really not a bad tournament, it just doesn't have any big heavy hitters in it that could give us marquee wins.
gstu11
Remember that all the big Nike schools are playing in that Phil knight tournament in Portland. Kind of makes all the other tournaments a little weaker this coming year.
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

LawHall88 said:

Method Man
I'm happy for this quality program bettering themself!
Rocinante
They lost emoni Bates but honestly that will be addition by subtraction. They were better when he wasn't on the floor. And Jalen Duren of course is a lottery pick.

I really don't think they lost significant talent because of the allegations per se.
Hop
Staff
AG
Rocinante said:

They lost emoni Bates but honestly that will be addition by subtraction. They were better when he wasn't on the floor. And Jalen Duren of course is a lottery pick.

I really don't think they lost significant talent because of the allegations per se.

Landers Nolley…
MarcAg
AG
Hop said:

Rocinante said:

Landers Nolley…

Could possibly stay with Memphis. I'm predicting Aggies. But he's still taking visits though and that A&M visit gets further in the past. He said NC St was amazing but now he is visiting Cincy
gstu11
I think the longer this goes on and time passes on his NC state visit the better. If he is unsure of what to do maybe comes back around to the original plan of A&M.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.