Quenton Jackson showing out at Portsmouth Invitational

9,238 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LawHall88
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Method Man
I wish him the best. One of my favorite Aggie ballers ever.
MarcAg
AG
He had 3 blocks and 3 steals in his game
ryange05
AG
He has really blossomed the past 60 days. Just a great story and hope he continues to roll.
taylorswift13
AG
rpecorar
AG
That's why they put the padding on the under-side of the backboard... Never needed it.
zgolfz85
AG
Hopefully got noticed by a lot of teams and hope he continues this momentum leading up to draft
Pumpkinhead
AG
Cross my fingers that maybe one of those 2-way contracts is in the cards for him with an NBA team.
94chem
Pumpkinhead said:

Cross my fingers that maybe one of those 2-way contracts is in the cards for him with an NBA team.

He has that athletic ability like Daniel House and Alex Caruso that you can't coach. He obviously has the heart. He just needs a little time to hone the basketball skills. A little more rise and fire, a little better handle, a little more 3&D, continue getting in the paint and getting to the line. He just jumps out of the screen at you, and has since his first day in Aggieland.
sincereag
When Q took over as PG it transformed our team and he was so efficient running the offense. He was very smart with the ball and knew when to pass, drive to the hole or ceate his own shot. When you combine his athletic ability with his high basketball IQ and his big heart, I would bet he will make it into the League.
Hop
Staff
AG
sincereag said:

When Q took over as PG it transformed our team and he was so efficient running the offense. He was very smart with the ball and knew when to pass, drive to the hole or ceate his own shot. When you combine his athletic ability with his high basketball IQ and his big heart, I would bet he will make it into the League.
It will probably take a couple of years in the G-League. He also needs to fill-out his physique for the next level. He has definitely improved his game and improved his stock.
sincereag
I agree, he just keeps getting better and better the more games he plays.
LukeDuke
AG
Proud of this fellow AG for grinding and chasing his dreams!
rlb28
AG
Quenton Jackson stats at Portsmouth Invitational:

April 13
14 points on 5-11 FG with 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks and 4 TO's in 33 minutes

April 14
11 points on 3-11 FG with 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks and 3 TO's in 26 minutes.

April 16
18 points on 7-16 FG with 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks, 4 steals and 3 TO's in 25 minutes.

Shot 40% from the field, 55% from 3

Rocinante
Is Bones Hyland a fair comp?
rlb28
AG
Couple more notes from Portsmouth...

- Quenton Jackson led the entire tournament with 2.7 blocks per game.
- Q was 4th in 3pt FG at 55%

(Q and Savion Flagg were really close in several statistical categories)

- Savion Flagg was first in the entire tourney in rebounding at 12.3 per game; second place was 10 reb/game.
- Flagg averaged 14.7 ppg, while Q averaged 14.3; both had 3.7 assists per game.
LawHall88
AG
Bunk Moreland
Some players from this camp will get a combine invite as well. Hope Q shows out.
buppy
Jordan hall also made the list
wacarnolds
AG
damn I hope Q makes into an NBA game at some point. He's already come so far in his journey, hopefully he continues to find success
AggieEyes
AG
IMO he can make an NBA roster with improved shooting and more physique.
LawHall88
AG
Hop
Staff
AG
I actually watched a good portion of Q's game. He had a solid effort with or very strong drive and finish.

Down 1 with 50 seconds left, he hit a mid-range step-back jumper to take the lead. With 14 seconds he had an open transition dunk that we're all used to seeing that would have put them up 3 points but he missed it. It didn't cost him and then he hit two free throws with 2 seconds left to clinch it.
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
For anyone interested, here is the "Anthropometry Results" for all the G-League camp participants.
MarcAg
AG
Height and wingspan not favorable for Q
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

Height and wingspan not favorable for Q
But give it to him on the body fat. If basketball doesn't work out, he can pursue a career as a fitness guru.
MarcAg
AG
He didn't get the call up to the combine. He did have a good showing though

LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
Jackson gets some high marks for his Wizards workout.
Method Man
In rooting hard for this dude.
LawHall88
AG
On to Charlotte.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's going to get an opportunity somewhere. He'll probably have to go the G League route but that worked just fine for Caruso and House.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.