Buzz. Go get Kenneth Loften Jr

10,731 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MarcAg
AggieBlu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Method Man
Agreed.
MarcAg
AG
It's a weird fit with the current roster, but he probably would be our best player.
Complete Idiot
6'7" 275 pounds - going to fit in with our defensive scheme and requirements?
Method Man
Take 'em all let buzz sort them out
MarcAg
AG
Complete Idiot said:

6'7" 275 pounds - going to fit in with our defensive scheme and requirements?

He moves as well as Coleman. We just would have to change our defense up with both of those on the court but the other team would have to go bigger too as if not they will get abused inside.
bobinator
AG
He also plays bigger than his heigh because of how well he uses his body to create space.
MarcAg
AG
The other day I saw he declared for the draft and I was like crap I was hoping he would go to the portal with the coaching change there. And now here he is.
Method Man
A team of density
Pumpkinhead
AG
Luicci last week when asked made an educated guess that A&M will make room for and add 2 players from the transfer portal.
TheChameleon
AG
Interesting for sure. Port Arthur kid. Hell of a rebounder. Looks like he needs to cut down on turnovers a bit but very, very intriguing. And he has 3 years of eligibility left... Another bonus.
Double Diamond
Buzz used to bring a big thick player off the bench at Marquette. Davante Gardner.
Hop
Staff
AG
A few posters on another website seem to think he's going to UH. Not sure how reliable that info. Is.
bobinator
AG
Would be a good fit for him.
Method Man
Unlike his uniform.
mikesyracuse1
I've watched him quite a bit in the last two years because of my connection back to WKU. He's actually improved his body quite a bit in the last two years. He has good ball skills for a big guy and sees the floor well and has good hands. Also plays with a bit of an edge.

I don't think he'll stay in the draft

Mikesyracuse1
mikesyracuse1
Method Man said:

Unlike his uniform.

It fits better now than it did two years ago.

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
Hey, I love his game. I'm just an old man who loves the occasional corny dad joke.
MarcAg
AG
" He's a mess in defensive coverages out in space, and he needs to keep working on his conditioning in order to stay on the court. "

This from The Athletic.
Complete Idiot
I'm having a hard time seeing a guy built like that make it through Boot Camp and the Buzz grind. I see skill but not a good fit for the Ags, in my opinion. We need a long athletic inside presence who plays good D, rebounds, and can give you 8 points a game or better. A better version of Henderson I guess.
MarcAg
AG
I get what you are saying and your points are valid, but he also would probably be our best player. So if you can get a guy that is better than everyone on your roster, it's hard to said we should pass. But no idea if we are even players in the race for him.
halfastros81
AG
Fat's less dense than muscle. A team of mass perhaps.

The guy can play and he actually runs pretty well for his size . He'd be a + addition but imo he's
Not really what we need . We need a big guy with long arms that can jump well, block shots , rebound, and hold onto the ball and finish within 3 ft of the basket when he has defenders around him.

He may move as well as Coleman In forward motion but not laterally imo.
bobinator
AG
I doubt we're gonna get him anyway because he's hearing from everyone, but perfect fit is less important than quality.

halfastros81
AG
Louisiana Tech transfer is receiving interest from Louisiana Tech? Is that a way of saying please don't go?
bobinator
AG
I think since there was a coaching change they're on the same recruiting footing as everyone else. That's probably going to be pretty common to see.
MarcAg
AG
halfastros81 said:

Louisiana Tech transfer is receiving interest from Louisiana Tech? Is that a way of saying please don't go?

You see that a lot when there are coaching changes. Guy goes in portal to talk to other teams, but will also hear out the new staff. Fudge is doing that at LSU.
phorizt
With guys like Lofton I always want to see how he has done against teams like he'll face in the SEC. He dominated tall athletic NC State team this year going for 36/17. Played great vs some solid teams in the NIT last year. Had good games vs LSU and Bama this year.

Not the long lean athletic guy I would draw up but definitely in the too good at actually playing basketball category to pass up if we could get him.
Complete Idiot
I feel like we are only looking at points and total rebounds - hugely important stats, no doubt - when judging him whereas Buzz pulls out a densely printed page of stats and it appears to him as the Matrix did to Neo.
phorizt
Complete Idiot said:

I feel like we are only looking at points and total rebounds - hugely important stats, no doubt - when judging him whereas Buzz pulls out a densely printed page of stats and it appears to him as the Matrix did to Neo.

And we still end up with a bunch of big men who cant play at all. Time to follow the Costanza Rule
MarcAg
AG
phorizt said:

Complete Idiot said:

And we still end up with a bunch of big men who cant play at all. Time to follow the Costanza Rule

It's not a lie if you believe it?
Method Man
Opposite George?
EliteZags
AG
just a good ol boy in good ol boy shape
Hop
Staff
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Can he defend on the perimeter like Coleman was forced to do many times in the Buzz defense?
bobinator
AG
Coleman was "forced" to do it because he's good at it. We don't always have to switch 1-5.
skaggsjw
AG
Buzz has clearly shown a willingness to change what he is doing to fit the scheme. He'll even do it mid-year if he needs to. I'm done worrying about scheme. Yes, he prefers guys that can switch 1 through 5 but I bet he'll take really good players that don't necessarily fit that scheme, if they are the right kind of guy.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.