Former Memphis Guard Landers Nolley planning Texas A&M visit

10,077 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DukeMu
TxAgRB12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.on3.com/college/texas-am-aggies/news/report-former-memphis-tigers-guard-planning-texas-am-aggies-visit-nc-state-wolfpack-transfer/

Originally recruited by Buzz at VT and signed with them when he was there.

Over two seasons at Memphis before opting to enter the transfer portal, Nolley started 43 of 57 appearances under Penny Hardaway. After averaging 15.5 points and 5.8 rebounds at Virginia Tech as a freshman, he averaged 11.5 and 4.0 over two seasons at Memphis.

AgEfan
Check the 2022 portal thread up above for conversations already on him.
halfastros81
AG
Would he have to sit a yr since it's his 2nd transfer or is there some kind of exception if the former school is in ncaa trouble?
TopoTacos
AG
halfastros81 said:

Would he have to sit a yr since it's his 2nd transfer or is there some kind of exception if the former school is in ncaa trouble?

He has the ability to apply for an exemption to be able to play immediately. The NCAA is… less than consistent in their rulings on those.
Gap
AG
Is the NCAA actually going to make anyone sit a year? Lots of players are assuming they won't.
halfastros81
AG
If history is any indicator we should not count on the NCAA to do anything in our favor on purpose. I suppose it's the player that's asking for the exemption. I wonder if they can grant the exemption before he chooses where he wants to transfer to.
94chem
If we get somebody to anonymously call him a mean name or say that he leaves the seat up, he will be allowed to transfer without penalty.
Method Man
Danuel House
BobOliver2006
AG
obligatory "rabble! rabble!" on NCAA's handling of Derrick Roland's injury situation
halfastros81
AG
Didn't say it couldn't happen , just that we probably shouldn't count on it.
Redfishag93
graduate transfer, should be eligible coming season.
Method Man
That doesn't matter anymore I think.
bobinator
AG
This is what I've seen also, although I can't actually find it officially on any NCAA websites.

There is no more "grad transfer." You can graduate and transfer, but you can still only use the transfer exemption once.
MarcAg
AG
Yeah grad transfers grant you no special treatment anymore than a freshman transferring.
EliteZags
AG
also the covid year transfers prob got that as a freebie since that season didn't count towards eligibility
MarcAg
AG
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf
bobinator
AG
Interesting on that it looks like even if you sat out last time you transferred you don't get an exception the next time. So like Brown would still have to sit if he transferred based on how I'm reading that.
MarcAg
AG
Brown is a weird case. Brown should have had to sit out a year (without the free transfer rule), but he didn't. He technically sat out a semester.
Redfishag93
that's not good. seems like this guy could be a real good fit for this team with his shooting ability while bringing some size to improve our rebounding.
bobinator
AG
So I guess maybe he did use his exception then.

Still, I didn't know that guys who had previously transferred but had to sit will have to sit again, that seems odd.
Redfishag93
him playing a year with Radford at Virginia Tech could improve our chances (in addition to Buzz recruiting him there).
Method Man
I hope they didn't bring him to Wings N More.
mikesyracuse1
Nolley is going to Cincinnati and will be eligible immediately with 2 years of eligibility left.

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
Mike did they bring him to wing n more?
mikesyracuse1
Method Man said:

Mike did they bring him to wing n more?

I think Waffle House followed by a Cincy favorite, Montgomery BBQ!

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
Can't beat that.
AggieHoopsGuy
AG

We've got to beat schools like Cincy out for recruits
mikesyracuse1
Method Man said:

Can't beat that.

And maybe some skyline chili

Mikesyracuse1
mikesyracuse1
_lefraud_
AG
Meh, good chance he won't be eligible for next year.
_lefraud_
AG
mmm...skyline
Double Diamond
Bearcats say he needs one class to play next year. Frankly I'm a bit worried as what the plan is for next season. Better hope the 2023 recruiting picks up.
DTP02
AG
Double Diamond said:

Bearcats say he needs one class to play next year. Frankly I'm a bit worried as what the plan is for next season. Better hope the 2023 recruiting picks up.

As of this time one year ago we hadn't gotten a commitment from Coleman and we were months away from a commitment from Radford. There's zero reason to be concerned at this point.
bobinator
AG
This is technically true, Coleman committed in the afternoon exactly a year ago.
DTP02
AG
bobinator said:

This is technically true, Coleman committed in the afternoon exactly a year ago.

Almost like I knew exactly that with the way I worded it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.