Prediction time

4,315 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Method Man
AgEfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is no deadline. You probably can transfer in early to mid September. October might be pushing it because the semester is probably too far into the semester.
bobinator
AG
I kinda think you'd need to decide if you want to encourage someone to move on before you know who's going to replace them.

I'm sure every coach does it differently, and some are certainly going to be more cutthroat than others, but after the season I'd sit down with my staff and figure out where we think our current guys are, then meet with those guys and be honest with them.

I don't think you'd string along a current player and then trapdoor them in late July or something.

I think you decide "I don't think XXXX is where we need him to be, and I think we have a good chance of getting someone better" and then go hunting for the someone better.
bobinator
AG
Yeah it depends on that school's academic calendar. I think at A&M the cutoff for transferring in is the second week of classes, so usually the first week of September.
Method Man
When did we lose and get all our transfers last season?
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

When did we lose and get all our transfers last season?
With the exception of Radford it was all done by end of April. We kind of got a later start this year having played until the end of March.
MarcAg
AG
Radford was mid August. Remember he was waiting on like a DUI charge to get resolved
bobinator
AG
All of them were in the portal by mid-April

Henderson was early April, Coleman committed at the end of April, Williams in late June, Radford in August.

Edit: looks like Williams was April also, bad dateline on the first article that came up.
Method Man
Thanks!
Ag_EE_88
AG
Are we still expecting players(other than Williams) to hit the portal? Seems like the staff would have already let players know whether there is a spot next year for them or not.
MarcAg
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Are we still expecting players(other than Williams) to hit the portal? Seems like the staff would have already let players know whether there is a spot next year for them or not.

1. We don't have enough room for the 3 recruits if somebody else doesn't leave.

2. We are bringing in guys from the portal for visits.

So between those two things I would expect more people will leave.
Method Man
TTT
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.