Funny to see all these Aggie internet coaches

3,196 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by frenchtoast
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
talking garbage about this team after three tough losses. Where were you in 2020 and 2021???

Texas A&M
BTHOB-98 said:

talking garbage about this team after three tough losses.. Where were you in 2020 and 2021???

At least for last year the better question is where was the team?
BTHOB-98
Texas A&M said:

BTHOB-98 said:

talking garbage about this team after three tough losses.. Where were you in 2020 and 2021???

At least for last year the better question is where was the team?

That's my point. We made adjustments. We brought in different guys. The results aren't there yet but we are still need one or two pieces. I'm tired of people crying every time we lose in a sport. It's a savior loser mentality. What I mean is we beat Bama in football and Jimbo is a savior. We lose to miss at and he sucks. Buzz gets us on the right track and guys are playing hard and everyone shows up for Kentucky. We lose a few games and people want him fired. We're spending money. We're making improvements. No one thought we would be 15-5 right now. No one. People just need to chill. The let's fire the coach after every loss thing just gets old.
94chem
Tough loss, lots of similar skill sets in our guards, and not enough high end skills in the same person. Q is explosive and hits FTs, but can't pass or dribble. Gordon streaky. Williams plays point, but doesn't handle the ball well enough. Radford rebounds, but can't shoot. Diarra, Taylor, Obaseki...I have no idea what these guys are. I don't envy Buzz trying to figure out what to do with all of these guards, but that's why he's getting paid.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Method Man
Here. Where were you?
Kd2012
AG
Thanks for the talk Dad. Makes me feel much better about letting a W slip away. We played super hard during the game. Hope we can get that blue ribbon on the flight home...

If we plan on building the basketball program. Wins like tonight are what have to happen. You can't continue to lose and expect people to gain interest.
txaggieacct85
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

How many times did the Aggies pass to Coleman under the basket? He was standing at the 3 point line.
Muy
AG
Williams isn't a pure 1 either.
bobinator
AG
Tonight hurts because we should have had it, there's no way around that. We choked tonight.

But some people on here just like reveling in the misery and only show up when we lose.

These were three tough losses but a month ago I expected us to get our ass kicked by Arkansas and LSU.

We're still close. More opportunities are coming. But damn it hurts tonight because we had this one and let it slip away.
Just Tired
BTHOB-98 said:

The let's fire the coach after every loss thing just gets old.
meh... i don't care if they fire him or not. i'd rather win than lose at hoops but at the end of day compared to football i just don't care that much... just stay out of trouble with the ncaa in hoops and the program has met my minimal requirement. probably in the minority but i'd take a cws appearance over a sweet 16.
Serious Lee
BTHOB-98 said:

sitting at home? just like the team will be come march.
DuckySams
BTHOB-98 said:

Can't speak for all of them, but most were probably talking garbage about those teams too - and rightly so. A&M bb continues to be a joke.
kyledr04
AG
It's simple. Everyone is sick of all 3 major sports losing. All hype and money spent for mediocre results. The least bit of success brings people back with hope just to come crashing down again. We have win.
DuckySams
kyledr04 said:

It's simple. Everyone is sick of all 3 major sports losing. All hype and money spent for mediocre results. The least bit of success brings people back with hope just to come crashing down again. We have win.

Thisx1000. Our big 3 sports teams are underwhelming to say the least. We've been lapped by Baylor. That's all I need to know.
Texas A&M
bobinator said:

Tonight hurts because we should have had it, there's no way around that. We choked tonight.

But some people on here just like reveling in the misery and only show up when we lose.

These were three tough losses but a month ago I expected us to get our ass kicked by Arkansas and LSU.

We're still close. More opportunities are coming. But damn it hurts tonight because we had this one and let it slip away.
Being 'close' is only a consolation when you don't choke a game away. And I'm one of those who showed up in here for the first time in a while. Tonight was the first game since Butler that I watched from start to finish. I was hoping that we had turned the corner.... but we haven't. There's still time to turn that corner this year, but not much.
Topher17
AG
kyledr04 said:

It's simple. Everyone is sick of all 3 major sports losing. All hype and money spent for mediocre results. The least big success brings people back with hope just to come crashing down again. We have win.

And if anyone actually paid attention they'd know that when we built up to the UK game the next 3 were going to be brutal and very few expected to win. We battled more than expected and that just makes it hurt more, but doesn't change the reality. People on here acting like this three game skid is the end of the program are ridiculous. If you cant see that we are going the right direction, then I don't know what to tell you.
Should we have won tonight? Yes, and that makes it hurt more. However, that doesn't mean this team can't still overachieve by making the tournament. Will we? I don't think so at this point. Can we though? Yes.
CampingAg
AG
Three games against tough opponents where we were a bounce here or there away. Don't forget this team was picked to finish 13th (I think?) in conference.

Just keep playing...
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

I wasn't watching because they were unwatchable.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Just Tired said:

BTHOB-98 said:

The let's fire the coach after every loss thing just gets old.
meh... i don't care if they fire him or not. i'd rather win than lose at hoops but at the end of day compared to football i just don't care that much... just stay out of trouble with the ncaa in hoops and the program has met my minimal requirement. probably in the minority but i'd take a cws appearance over a sweet 16.

Lol this is so Aggie it hurts
TopoTacos
AG
No one in the country wanted to play us late in 19/20. Last year barely qualified as a season.

You don't get a gold star for being disappointed longer than other people.

This boils down to the program having 3 chances to get valuable wins in close games late, and evidently lacking that IT factor to follow through.
bobinator
AG
If you haven't watched a whole game since the Butler (??) game then you've missed a lot of good games.

This isn't a great A&M team, but we still have a shot at the NCAAT. Just need to close games.
Texas A&M
bobinator said:

If you haven't watched a whole game since the Butler (??) game then you've missed a lot of good games.

This isn't a great A&M team, but we still have a shot at the NCAAT. Just need to close games.
I've watched good chunks of many of the games. But I haven't been motivated enough to watch the whole thing until now.
Houstonag
AG
Frustrating to watch players not being smart. Too much dribble and not enough passing, Turnovers and fouls away from bucket are just not real smart.
sincereag
CampingAg said:

Three games against tough opponents where we were a bounce here or there away. Don't forget this team was picked to finish 13th (I think?) in conference.

Just keep playing...

Agree, three tough losses but we had a chance in each one. Just keep grinding and playing together and turn this thing around.
Topher17
AG
Texas A&M said:

bobinator said:

I've watched good chunks of many of the games. But I haven't been motivated enough to watch the whole thing until now.

Not motivated enough to watch, but plenty motivated enough to come bi*ch on TexAgs after the game. Nice!
bobinator
AG
I dunno what to say to that. Welcome back to the show I guess. This is college basketball and we're not good enough to cruise to the NCAAT so we're trying to scratch and claw our way there. Sometimes we're good, sometimes we're bad. Just enjoy the ride.

We've only made the NCAA Tournament twice in the last ten years, but we're going to go into February with a chance. If you can't watch that then Aggie Basketball might not be for you bud.
CampingAg
AG
sincereag said:

CampingAg said:

Just keep playing...

Agree, three tough losses but we had a chance in each one. Just keep grinding and playing together and turn this thing around.
Yep. Three down-to-the-wire losses in our toughest stretch of the year don't have me ready to jump off the cliff yet.

Luke The Drifter
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

Been around and going to games since the '73-'74 season. Tonight was a major, colossal c-h-o-k-e-j-o-b.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
t - cam
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

Uh, here?

BTHOB-98
Method Man said:

Here. Where were you?
Brother I was at Reed Arena when we had Melvin Watkins in 1998. Me and like a dozen other people(literally like 12 people at a game sometimes). We supported the team thorough something like a 2-3 home conference wins and it was super tough. I have been around. This isn't bad.

Anyone that can not see the progress is blind. Am I disappointed about last night? Sure! I do not understand the immediate jump to turn everything upside down. The SEC is probably one of the best basketball conferences right now. Were playing with everyone, were gaining experience, and making progress. They just don't know how to finish yet. What I see is that we get to the end and then we get amped up and we over pass or we turn it over. We shoot threes when we should be driving to the hole. Its the little things that matter that we are not doing. we are right there close but just not there yet. We have to learn how to calm down and finish. We are rights there but we just have to finish! I hope we figure it out because if we do we can be a really good team that was truly built out of nothing after last year. This season could still be special if we can find a way to finish.
txag72
AG
Quote:

That's all about you then. You aren't motivated but the team is supposed to be motivated to play for you. Enjoy The Bachelor then.
BaytownAg13
AG
If you asked most people on this board at the beginning of the season if we were even going to be competitive over these last three games they would have said no. The season is not over and the path to 11-7 is still very realistic. Don't hop off the bandwagon because we lost games to 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference, 2 of which were on the road.
I've always thought the game at Tennessee is the most winnable Q1 of this five game stretch. This is of course assuming they win Saturday against USCe.
Divining Rod
Houstonag said:

Frustrating to watch players not being smart. Too much dribble and not enough passing, Turnovers and fouls away from bucket are just not real smart.
This. This is why people are frustrated. It's the very controllable, fundamental things that we fail to do. We are doubled and have a teammate 20 feet away wide open with an open path for a pass, but we choose to try to dribble it through the two guys (plus a third on the way over). Refs are calling everything, yet we foul a guy 40' from the basket. We miss our Free throws while LSU makes theirs. Fans are frustrated and venting.

At least we have that. The next step down is no one shows up here to complain.

Luke The Drifter
AG
There's no doubt the program is much improved over last year and the year before. We're trending in the right direction, that much is certain. And really, if we end up in the NIT this year, we should count that as positive progress.

But that doesn't change the fact we pitifully choked away the game last night vs. LSU.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
dcaggie04
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

There's no doubt the program is much improved over last year and the year before. We're trending in the right direction, that much is certain. And really, if we end up in the NIT this year, we should count that as positive progress.

But that doesn't change the fact we pitifully choked away the game last night vs. LSU.
Doubly painful that LSU was without its top 2 or 3 players.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.