Funny to see all these Aggie internet coaches

3,203 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by frenchtoast
cvenag03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#1 recruiting class is super underwhelming
kyledr04
AG
It will be if it doesn't translate to winning
South Platte
dcaggie04 said:

Luke The Drifter said:

There's no doubt the program is much improved over last year and the year before. We're trending in the right direction, that much is certain. And really, if we end up in the NIT this year, we should count that as positive progress.

But that doesn't change the fact we pitifully choked away the game last night vs. LSU.
Doubly painful that LSU was without its top 2 or 3 players.
True. LSU did very well to win a game without its two best players contributing 24 and 10.
TxAg76
AG
kyledr04 said:

It will be if it doesn't translate to winning

It's the microwave mentality that's the problem.

Finally committed to spend big boy dollars, but expect literal instant results??
Finally get a great recruiting class, and expect literal immediate wins??

Just doesn't work that way.
Takes time for both. More like cooking with an oven.
And the food will be better in the end too, if we just let it happen.
Hop
Staff
AG
Topher17 said:

Texas A&M said:

bobinator said:

If you haven't watched a whole game since the Butler (??) game then you've missed a lot of good games.

This isn't a great A&M team, but we still have a shot at the NCAAT. Just need to close games.
I've watched good chunks of many of the games. But I haven't been motivated enough to watch the whole thing until now.

Not motivated enough to watch, but plenty motivated enough to come bi*ch on TexAgs after the game. Nice!

Boom!
NyAggie
AG
To me it's a good thing that we have fans coming on and *****ing about these close losses because it means we are playing getter and more fans are starting to pay attention

Hopefully we win one of these big games soon because the opportunities are slowly dwindling away and we'll wind up left out of the tournament if we don't
Turkey
AG
I was here...talking garbage about those teams.
StinkyPinky
AG
South Platte said:

dcaggie04 said:

Luke The Drifter said:

There's no doubt the program is much improved over last year and the year before. We're trending in the right direction, that much is certain. And really, if we end up in the NIT this year, we should count that as positive progress.

But that doesn't change the fact we pitifully choked away the game last night vs. LSU.
True. LSU did very well to win a game without its two best players contributing 24 and 10.

And let's talk about Kentucky. That was a close game because UK shot 36% from the floor. And what did we do to try to capitalize? We went 2-24 from the charity stripe. Yes, someone said it early that people are now showing up because we have had success during the first part (albeit weak) of our schedule. But what they have witnessed is self inflicted/avoidable losses which is hard for the new and old to see. Yes, we are much improved, but don't fool yourself in thinking that we are a mid pack conference team at best. And if you've been around long enough, we've had ample
promising teams that never manifested into anything sustainable. Much better than the team we have now. That's why people are pessimistic, because it looks more of the same. For us to be a true contender, we need to a) recruit much better caliber players, and b) we need to be beaten by the other team, not by ourselves. Hopefully Buzz will be able to deliver on both of those. The second one is a little concerning after these last three games.
Hop
Staff
AG
Bonzer103 said:

South Platte said:

dcaggie04 said:

Luke The Drifter said:

And let's talk about Kentucky. That was a close game because UK shot 36% from the floor. And what did we do to try to capitalize? We went 2-24 from the charity stripe. Yes, someone said it early that people are now showing up because we have had success during the first part (albeit weak) of our schedule. But what they have witnessed is self inflicted/avoidable losses which is hard for the new and old to see. Yes, we are much improved, but don't fool yourself in thinking that we are a mid pack conference team at best. And if you've been around long enough, we've had ample
promising teams that never manifested into anything sustainable. Much better than the team we have now. That's why people are pessimistic, because it looks more of the same. For us to be a true contender, we need to a) recruit much better caliber players, and b) we need to be beaten by the other team, not by ourselves. Hopefully Buzz will be able to deliver on both of those. The second one is a little concerning after these last three games.

It's newcomers who jumped on the bandwagon at 4-0 and were fooled. Insiders knew the next five games were going to be difficult. Most of us knew this is a middle of the pack team in 2022. The only question is whether that middle of the pack standing is enough to earn an NCAA Tourney berth.
Deputy Travis Junior
If this team doesn't throw in the towel after a brutal stretch it can still make the tournament.

South Carolina, Missouri, Florida, @Vanderbilt, Georgia, @Ole Miss, Miss St are all "should wins," even with our issues. We're better than those teams and only 2 of the games are away. That gets us to 11-7 and probably puts us on the right side of the bubble. Win even 1 of LSU, @Alabama, and @Tenn and we cruise.

This 3 game stretch sucked, though. Should have won the Kentucky and @LSU games, and had a good chance at the @Ark game, and we choked all 3. Badly.
bobinator
AG
Disagree we "should have" beaten Kentucky. At no point in that game was it a "if we don't screw up, we've got this" type game.

LSU definitely was though. We let that game get away.
BQ_90
AG
So as an internet coach, do I get a pass last year for Covid like Buzz got.
Deputy Travis Junior
We shot 1-infinity from the 3 point line and it was neck and neck with a couple minutes left. Even a bad shooting night from 3 has us winning that game comfortably, but we got historically terrible and barely lost.

Works out to "should have won" in my mind but I can see where you're coming from
bobinator
AG
They also shot pretty poorly though. I can see where you're coming from, but for me when I think "should have won" it's like, we had it and then screwed it up at the end.
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

Method Man said:

Here. Where were you?
Brother I was at Reed Arena when we had Melvin Watkins in 1998. Me and like a dozen other people(literally like 12 people at a game sometimes). We supported the team thorough something like a 2-3 home conference wins and it was super tough. I have been around. This isn't bad.

Anyone that can not see the progress is blind. Am I disappointed about last night? Sure! I do not understand the immediate jump to turn everything upside down. The SEC is probably one of the best basketball conferences right now. Were playing with everyone, were gaining experience, and making progress. They just don't know how to finish yet. What I see is that we get to the end and then we get amped up and we over pass or we turn it over. We shoot threes when we should be driving to the hole. Its the little things that matter that we are not doing. we are right there close but just not there yet. We have to learn how to calm down and finish. We are rights there but we just have to finish! I hope we figure it out because if we do we can be a really good team that was truly built out of nothing after last year. This season could still be special if we can find a way to finish.

A few of my buddies and myself were right there with you during those bad early Melvin Watkins years. Brutal!
Tibbers
BTHOB-98 said:

talking garbage about this team after three tough losses. Where were you in 2020 and 2021???

The most important play against LSU was a three pointer contested three pointer following a timeout. If that was the play drawn up then we are indeed a poorly coached team. It's odd because we have spurts of showing we are capable followed by mind numbing mistakes and playground ball. It's like this team only trusts its coach 1/2 the time.
frenchtoast
I don't support basketball, but I have extremely high expectations for the program.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.