Buzz Publishes his Books Read List

6,075 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SolidRockAg
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those interested.

94chem
Bringin' it strong with the self help game!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BigOil
AG
Did he read them on Blinkist?
Psych
AG
Joel Olstein
TheWoodsAg
AG
That's 50 more books than I read in 2021.
BQ_90
AG
Psych said:

Joel Olstein
almost as bad as reading Kirk Herbstreit
Tibbers
Fella needs to read less and coach more.
flintdragon
AG
Is that books read or books "read", as in audiobooks?
Pumpkinhead
AG
No 'Free Throw Shooting Tips For Dummies' or 'Understanding the Importance of Post Players' in those lists?

I kid, I kid,…
Proposition Joe
Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Games and Influence Recruits"
PatAg
AG
Not surprising he reads a lot of bull**** self-help books, he sounds like a walking one
taylorswift13
AG
PatAg said:

Not surprising he reads a lot of bull**** self-help books, he sounds like a walking one
lol says the guys who seems hurt by it, how sad
txag72
AG
Read 3 of them.
CactusThomas
AG
That's a really ****ty oprah list.
Faustus
Pretty sure Oprah wouldn't have two John Grisham and two Joel Olsteen books on the list. At least we know it's true, because there's zero chance a handler puts that out.
P.U.T.U
AG
Some pretty bad books on there and several were ghost written.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Someday I hope to be able to read more. But no way in hell will I ever read that many books in a year. Props to Coach. That's impressive.
TyperWoods
No Uncle John's Bathroom Readers?

Buzz needs to up his game.
Tibbers
What's the purpose of this list? Humanize the guy? Build a connection via books? This is just another thing to add to the long list of what makes this coach such a weird dude.

Speaking of weird, back in the day I used to take dates out to Barnes and noble just to see which section of the store they'd gravitate to first. If ever they went to the self help section, you knew it then it's best to run back to the car and leave her there.
PatAg
AG
taylorswift13 said:

PatAg said:

lol says the guys who seems hurt by it, how sad
??
DTP02
AG
Tibbers said:

What's the purpose of this list? Humanize the guy? Build a connection via books? This is just another thing to add to the long list of what makes this coach such a weird dude.

Speaking of weird, back in the day I used to take dates out to Barnes and noble just to see which section of the store they'd gravitate to first. If ever they went to the self help section, you knew it then it's best to run back to the car and leave her there.

Putting out a books read list is something a lot of people do.

People should read more in general, so it's a more fruitful thing to put out on social media than most topics.
coachallout
AG
Tibbers said:

One of the main reasons he does this is because every high school coach always asks what books are you reading. Have been to several clinics he has done and it never fails that more then 1 coach in attendance asks about books read. I know you guys don't get this but when you are a coach of young men, you read these books to try and find ways to help them. That is what I love about Buzz. He takes the approach of his job is to make his players better for life, and along the way puts together some pretty darn good basketball teams too. He takes pride and passion in that. It's what drives him and it's refreshing to see from a college coach.
bobinator
AG
He also said he studies the books more than just reads them which I think is interesting. (the non-fiction ones, obviously)
gigemags87
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Some pretty bad books on there and several were ghost written.
50% of the bestsellers have ghostwriting.

Which did you read that you thought were bad?
ChrisTaylor
Pretty interesting list. I've not read half of those books. I hope in summer I'll have more free time for reading, and not only for studying and playing. This academic year, I think, was the hardest for me, and I barely had time to do something except homework. Especially complicated for me are writing tasks, but it's good that there are sources like https://essayservicescanner.com/papersowl-review/, where you can read detailed papersowl review and decide whether the educational resource is a good one to use. I also use such help from time to time because it may be very hard to do everything myself, and the reasons may differ. But I hope that this semester I'll be able to find the balance between studying and living life.
txag72
AG
Some of these posts haven't aged well, even just on a book list thread.
KennethJohnson
I read two books from the list and liked them. I love such book recommendations, because it's easier to find something worth reading there
EliteZags
AG
I read a book once
SolidRockAg
Joel osteen
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.