Buzz on SECN just a few mins ago

2,786 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Hilarious; gave big props to district 15-2A sports; expects team to be vastly improved this year...
Peace for Ukraine!
MarcAg
AG
Seems very un Buzz like to publicly say this team will be vastly improved even if he thought that.
Gap
AG
Here is a clip. He described it as a reset from last year and for the program with new players and coaches.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32455051
greg.w.h
AG
He needs to set positive expectations.
DukeMu
Gap said:

Here is a clip. He described it as a reset from last year and for the program with new players and coaches.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32455051

Everything Buzz said is true. After 2020/COVID, psychologically a new beginning for the program and fans is the messaging. The message also marks this as year 1 of a rebuilding program. Buzz' teams need practice and flow in order to be consistent and succeed. Also, Buzz needed control of the team. COVID gave Buzz the excuse to clean house. Shame that Miller left...with McNeilly to TCU.
DukeMu
greg.w.h said:

Managing expectations.
greg.w.h
AG
DukeMu said:

greg.w.h said:

Managing expectations.
This isn't like a useless AD suggesting all fan expectations are unrealistic, no. If he wants fans to put butts in seats he needs to tell them it will be worth the effort to support the team. The last couple of seasons the progress wasn't good enough to tell fans that without additional assurance.

I recognize most coaches don't want to mislead, either, which is why both Jimbo and Buzz rattle off nearly perfect memory recollections of games. To be transparent and authentic,
monarch
S
Game vs TAMU-Kingsville is scheduled to start at 7:00 PM per Javelina's website.
Peace for Ukraine!
Ag_EE_88
AG
Saying we are going to be vastly improved really doesn't say much. If we aren't vastly improved, we would seriously need to look for a new coach....if we could afford it. Buzz knows he has to do a lot better than 12th.
AgEfan
Ag_EE_88 said:

Saying we are going to be vastly improved really doesn't say much. If we aren't vastly improved, we would seriously need to look for a new coach....if we could afford it. Buzz knows he has to do a lot better than 12th.
He didnt even say in that interview that we would be vastly improved.
Ag_EE_88
AG
AgEfan said:

Ag_EE_88 said:

He didnt even say in that interview that we would be vastly improved.
Guess that's what I get for believing the 'expects team to be vastly improved this year...' was something that Buzz actually said.
DukeMu
greg.w.h said:

DukeMu said:

greg.w.h said:

Managing expectations.
This isn't like a useless AD suggesting all fan expectations are unrealistic, no. If he wants fans to put butts in seats he needs to tell them it will be worth the effort to support the team. The last couple of seasons the progress wasn't good enough to tell fans that without additional assurance.

I recognize most coaches don't want to mislead, either, which is why both Jimbo and Buzz rattle off nearly perfect memory recollections of games. To be transparent and authentic,
Obvious sarcasm on my part. The Jimbo and Buzz tandem in the major sports are frankly as good a pair of coaches and leaders as A&M is ever going to get.

I'm still surprised there is significant concern about Buzz after a whacked out COVID season.

I can't think of a sport where a team could essentially take 5 weeks off practice and games/game conditions while other teams continue to play more regularly and compete.

Buzz and Jimbo and their teams thrive on continuity.

Buzz hasn't forgotten how to coach. I have us finishing in the top half of the SEC when the dust settles.

Aggies2009
AG
I dunno that I'd compare Buzz to Jimbo.

Jimbo has won a national championship. And he took over and immediately our team started showing improvement. Not so much the case with Buzz, though he started lower.

The whole "he didn't forget how to coach" spiel doesn't really hold water when we've hired can't miss coaches like Fran and they've missed.

I'd like to see more improvement this year in Basketball. Buzz is making good money to turn the team around, not sleep through another awful season. We fired a coach who took us to 2 Sweet 16s to get him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.