Caurso impact on Bulls

5,870 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by zip90
Ag9701
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Started and almost had a triple double tonight against Portland.
rlb28
AG
Tied for the league lead in steals

Pumpkinhead
AG
Alex Caruso's move to Bulls says a lot about Lakers, too | NBA.com

Quote:

No wonder the Lakers watched longingly as Caruso has fulfilled a familiar job description for the Bulls this season at their own expense instead of to their benefit. Or that Lakers coach Frank Vogel described Caruso as "one of my favorite guys that I've ever coached."

Quote:

"AC has always played hard. I've always loved having him as a teammate since we played Summer League together," said Bulls guard Lonzo Ball, who played with Caruso for two seasons on the Lakers (2017-19). "Obviously, he's worked on his game and has gotten better over the years. But he's one of the best teammates I've ever had personally."

Quote:

But as Bulls coach Billy Donovan said, "He's an incredible guy to coach because you know he's going to do a lot of the things that are not talked about or in the stat sheet."

Quote:

"He's one of the highest IQ players I've played with since I've been in the game," DeRozan said of Caruso. "Just to have somebody with that natural IQ out there on the court, it's going to make things so much easier for you offensively and defensively. He kind of anchored us, especially defensively taking on the challenge of guarding PG. You got to feed off of that. Offensively, you just know where to be and know what to do and to make everybody else's job easier."

Is it time to bump yet once again that infamous 'Caruso has zero chance to ever play in the NBA' TexAgs Basketball thread from 2016, to go down memory lane of some TexAgs poster's pessimistic outlook on his NBA career prospects at that time?
greg.w.h
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Quote:

No wonder the Lakers watched longingly as Caruso has fulfilled a familiar job description for the Bulls this season at their own expense instead of to their benefit. Or that Lakers coach Frank Vogel described Caruso as "one of my favorite guys that I've ever coached."

Quote:

"AC has always played hard. I've always loved having him as a teammate since we played Summer League together," said Bulls guard Lonzo Ball, who played with Caruso for two seasons on the Lakers (2017-19). "Obviously, he's worked on his game and has gotten better over the years. But he's one of the best teammates I've ever had personally."

Quote:

But as Bulls coach Billy Donovan said, "He's an incredible guy to coach because you know he's going to do a lot of the things that are not talked about or in the stat sheet."

Quote:

"He's one of the highest IQ players I've played with since I've been in the game," DeRozan said of Caruso. "Just to have somebody with that natural IQ out there on the court, it's going to make things so much easier for you offensively and defensively. He kind of anchored us, especially defensively taking on the challenge of guarding PG. You got to feed off of that. Offensively, you just know where to be and know what to do and to make everybody else's job easier."

Is it time to bump yet once again that infamous 'Caruso has zero chance to ever play in the NBA' TexAgs Basketball thread from 2016, to go down memory lane of some TexAgs poster's pessimistic outlook on his NBA career prospects at that time?
He carved out a perpetual journeyman role though might convert it to a starting role before his time runs out. I appreciate that he did it through hard work similar to how DJ and Khris grew into their roles though both were headed higher, sooner.

Favoring the underdog only gets you so far, though. It's an Aggie tradition for sure. I appreciate that Alex never gave up and I don't envy the millions it is earning him. Hopefully his high IQ will apply to investing it, too!!
Pumpkinhead
AG
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/11/18/22788733/alex-caruso-lonzo-ball-are-defensive-gods

Really interesting video on Caruso and Ball in Chicago. Lots of video clip breakdown. Caruso has a chance to make All-NBA Defense Team a his season if he keeps this up.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Pumpkinhead said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was definitely a guy that did not think he had a chance in hell. But he is now one of my favorite players because of all the things he does on the court. Glad to see a guy that plays his style get the attention he does. Pretty telling when the Lakers did the caruso tribute video that the team realizes what they lost out on.
zip90
AG
Alex flirted with a triple double the other night (1 assist short)

12 points, 10 boards, 9 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks. Went 4-5 from the line.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.