Cameron Cohren commits to FSU

2,487 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JJxvi
@coopercuffe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well that's unfortunate
Method Man
Fire buzz!
Tibbers
Method Man said:

Fire buzz!

I mean, have you heard interviews of the guy? He sounds like a guy who has no confidence. He's like a self deprecating joke that isn't funny. But hey, he's got a vest or whatever.

Can we just announce the construction of the new stadium now so by the time of its completion we can lure some top talent to break it in? Please. We deserve better. How many red flags do we really need to see with the current situation? Losing your entire team to transfer. Rebuilding with randos and getting beat for mid-tier recruits. What's next?
MarcAg
AG
TexAgs- This team is horrible Buzz needs to make major changes!!!

Also TexAgs- OMG we completely redid the roster. What is Buzz doing??
miller0926
AG
Tibbers said:

Method Man said:

Fire buzz!

I mean, have you heard interviews of the guy? He sounds like a guy who has no confidence. He's like a self deprecating joke that isn't funny. But hey, he's got a vest or whatever.

Can we just announce the construction of the new stadium now so by the time of its completion we can lure some top talent to break it in? Please. We deserve better. How many red flags do we really need to see with the current situation? Losing your entire team to transfer. Rebuilding with randos and getting beat for mid-tier recruits. What's next?
Most fans only think of Duke, UNC and Virginia talking the ACC... but FSU has arguably been one of the top 10 teams from the past 5 years. Corhen may be mid-tier by rating, but FSU is probably a bigger basketball school than anyone in the SEC outside of Kentucky these days.

'16-'17: 3 seed, lost in 2nd round
'17-'18: 9 seed, lost in elite 8 to the same Michigan team that routed us in the Sweet 16
'18-'19: 4 seed, lost in sweet 16
'19-'20: ACC champions, finished #4 in the poll, would've been a 2 seed (possibly a 1) in the Covid cancelled tourney
'20-'21: 4 seed, lost in sweet 16
rlb28
AG
yep. Leonard Hamilton has always been underrated. He's taken FSU to the Sweet 16 or better in 3 of the last 4 years. He's like 10th among active coaches in all-time wins.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Posted that at 4:42 am - That is some real Pot Banger commitment, assuming you live in the Continental U.S.

Also, you better not be a Jamie McNeilly sock.
aggiejohn
AG
Lol. True that.

I've added "Tibbers" to the list.
Tibbers
I meant the recruit, not the program. FSU is legit. I'd like to have their level of success. That's probably the max we should expect here in Aggieland unless we stumble upon our own Coach K.

"Also, early to bed and early to rise and uhh, you know, the thing."
-Joe Biden
Tobias Funke
AG
Quote:

1) Buzz is a hell of a lot smarter than most people on here, and certainly more intelligent than you are.

2) Taking a dig at his confidence is just bizarre. He is known within the coaching world as somebody who is incredibly disciplined, sure of himself, and sure of his system.

3) We are not getting a brand new arena any time soon. You are annoying as hell.
Tibbers
In his interviews he is always apologizing. He is humble to the point of worry. I'm annoyed at the current state of our program. Me pointing out a dire situation and ways to fix it should be the norm here unless you are happy with mediocrity. Reed Arena is mediocre. Our position in the college basketball world is mediocre and until both change we will get mediocre results.
Proposition Joe
That's Buzz' schtick. Always has been. He's a guy that very much likes to market himself and the "Aw shucks" followed by a data dump has been his press conference act for very long time.

You love it when he's winning, it can drive you insane when you're losing.

Basically the counter to BCG's arrogant press conference responses.
greg.w.h
AG
I CONFESS…don't torture me more…

I care more about this year.
JJxvi
AG
BCG actually kinda did the same thing, maybe not apologetic, but very much "aw shucks I'm not very bright" and then immediately dump a bunch of basketball minutia on some reporter that you know barely knew "ball go through hoop=two points." The main difference between the two is that Buzz is just, ...nicer?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.