Kevin Obanor from ORU to Tard

4,383 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stoopkid
TommyBrady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do they keep pulling so many transfers??
bobinator
AG
Dude must really hate hills
Dominion Caracas Branch
TommyBrady said:

Basically they are selling that the new HC, beard's former assistant, was the real reason behind beard's success at tech.
BigHitterDaLama
Dominion Caracas Branch said:

TommyBrady said:

Basically they are selling that the new HC, beard's former assistant, was the real reason behind beard's success at tech.

The best parts of TTU basketball under Beard were defense and hustle.....those were Adams DNA. Beard ran the offense, which was mediocre at best. All of the past relevant players in the the last 5 years have been vocal that Adams is the man there.
bobinator
AG
This is high quality spin.
2nd Generation Ag
Another whiff . He can't get anyone to come
BigHitterDaLama
Look at the data. And look at Techs best players like evans, culver, owens and mooney all backing Adams.
olduffer
AG
We're having a tough time selling our program.
aggieduffer
LawHall88
AG
bobinator said:

This is high quality spin.
FWIW, a parent of one of Tech's players told me the same thing.
Amarillo Slim
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

TommyBrady said:

The best parts of TTU basketball under Beard were defense and hustle.....those were Adams DNA. Beard ran the offense, which was mediocre at best. All of the past relevant players in the the last 5 years have been vocal that Adams is the man there.

Vic Schaefer argument?
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
bobinator
AG
I guess we'll see. I just find it hard to believe that Adams was some kind of secret brain trust.

That said anyone that expects us to win these battles right now is just setting themself up to be disappointed.

We need to put a competent team on the floor before we're gonna be able to beat these teams for these dudes.
Pumpkinhead
AG
How much does 'a competent team' matter to a recruit vs a variety of other factors such as the personal relationship that has been developed, the 'bidding' offers, perceived playing time, best path to NBA, etc? I have seen plenty of coaches with a crappy previous season or three land some elite recruits.
bobinator
AG
It would matter a lot more for an upperclassman transfer like Obanor compared to a high school recruit.

If you only have a year or two left and you have options, you don't want to go to a team that's probably gonna suck.
DukeMu
Yeah, that last defensive play call against UVa was pure genius.

Had the damn game won.
TommyBrady
AG
I just want us to be above average and have a reason to care every year. We are a football school and I'm cool with that, but I just hate being horrible.
BigHitterDaLama
DukeMu said:

Yeah, that last defensive play call against UVa was pure genius.

Had the damn game won.
Look at Chris Beard's record in Overtime games while at TTU. Spolier alert - IT IS BAD

Lost both overtime games last year. Won only one close game against Texas on a last second shot. Lost another 3 games by a single basket (KU, Texas in Big 12 tourney, Arky in Round 32).

Beard was constantly outcoached in close games (say final 2-3 minutes) during his tenure at TTU. He was on record after the UVA Title game that it was his call on that defensive collapse. It was also his call that he gave Culver both shots in reg. (bad shots btw) instead of going with a hotter shooting hand.

Faustus
Tech was lucky to be finally be rid of Beard then so the Adams regime of coaching can do can blossom without Beard dragging the program down.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, scary to think what they'll be capable of now that Adams can be fully unleashed.
BigHitterDaLama
bobinator said:

Yeah, scary to think what they'll be capable of now that Adams can be fully unleashed.

Deepest talent team ever for this years tech squad. Beard didnt bring a single one of the new guys in, transfers and recruits. We will see soon enough on adams.
bobinator
AG
And Beard. Not gonna lie, I hope the spin is right. It would be hilarious for Texas to spend millions for a guy that actually sucks and then Tech stays good anyway.

My prediction though is that Tech slowly fades back to mediocrity and that Texas makes a Final Four in the next few years.
Topher17
AG
I'm afraid Texas in the Final Four is coming sooner than any of us might even think and I'm going to hate every second of it.

As a program though we should hope for the Tech regression isn't so slow. Have to think them regressing will help us, as we occupy a similar space in college hoops in the state.
bobinator
AG
Definitely can't hurt us if they would suck again.
Proposition Joe
Beard is 4-9 in OT games. Certainly not great but for the most part statistically insignificant.

I haven't looked at his +/- in the last few minutes, but even if it is poor that's diving pretty deep to find major flaws.
Divining Rod
Isn't Obanor going NBA?
wacarnolds
AG
Divining Rod said:

Isn't Obanor going NBA?

No he withdrew a while back
BigHitterDaLama
BigHitterDaLama said:

TommyBrady said:

Bobinator......
GoAgs92
AG
With NIL, Texas can buy anyone.

Only need a few for hoops.
Stoopkid
AG
Adams appears to be a decent coach so far…
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.