The Khris Middleton Cycle

5,770 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DD88
Bullpen Chias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JPAggie2010
AG
this is too accurate. I wonder what this constant roller coaster does to his psyche
Pumpkinhead
AG
The great thing for Middleton is, regardless of where he is in that cycle at any given time, he's always got that $35 million annual salary to feel good about.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Agree. All while looking like he'd be fine playing for $35k/yr
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Agree. All while looking like he'd be fine playing for $35k/yr

The key is to be in the 'turn into prime MJ' stage right before the next contract.
isitjustme
AG
JPAggie2010 said:

this is too accurate. I wonder what this constant roller coaster does to his psyche
Probably nothing. When he lights it up, he draws more attention from the other team, he has a crap game, they start paying less attention to him, he lights it up. No biggie.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Prime MJ tonight
Pumpkinhead
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Prime MJ tonight

40 points and needed every bit of that because Booker was on fire the entire game.
sincereag
This is turning into a great series and I feel like Middleton is the key player for the Bucks. He has to match or outperform Booker for the Bucks to win.
EliteZags
AG
Khris Midrangeton
Rocinante
JPAggie2010 said:

I don't think this is fair at all. He isn't more inconsistent than any comparable player like, for example, Jamal Murray, booker, Mitchell, PG, Jaylen Brown, Beal, Lavine etc. No he's not as consistent as KD or Giannis or Embiid that tier.
PascalsWager
AG
This is an embarrassing thread for Texags. Khris Middleton dropped 40 points in a game in the NBA finals. What was the last contribution an Ag made even in the playoffs much less the finals? Was it Antoine Wright not fouling a guy hard enough?

He's not the best player in the world. But he's the 2nd best player on a team that might win the title. Probably a top 25 player in the world in the 2nd most popular sport in the entire globe. The gap between him and the 2nd best Ag baller is larger than the pacific ocean. We should be celebrating this guy like Von Miller or Myles. Unbelievable player who's worked to get better every year, no controversies, and appreciates A&M. What's not to love?
Expert Analysis
AG
PascalsWager said:

This is an embarrassing thread for Texags. Khris Middleton dropped 40 points in a game in the NBA finals. What was the last contribution an Ag made even in the playoffs much less the finals? Was it Antoine Wright not fouling a guy hard enough?

He's not the best player in the world. But he's the 2nd best player on a team that might win the title. Probably a top 25 player in the world in the 2nd most popular sport in the entire globe. The gap between him and the 2nd best Ag baller is larger than the pacific ocean. We should be celebrating this guy like Von Miller or Myles. Unbelievable player who's worked to get better every year, no controversies, and appreciates A&M. What's not to love?
what are you talking about?

TexAgs did not create the graphic, this thread doesn't rip Khris.

Did you watch the playoffs in the bubble? Ag won the championship, started the final game, played 5th most minutes on the championship team in the championship series...
wacarnolds
AG
Jeez man lighten up
Bullpen Chias
AG
Dude. We can love Khris and his accomplishments while acknowledging he's been one of the streakiest guys in the playoffs. Go Bucks.
wacarnolds
AG
I'm currently trying to imagine a thread that would truly be embarrassing to the prestige of the message board known as TexAgs

And frankly I'm coming up blank
Ol Jock 99
AG
wacarnolds said:

I'm currently trying to imagine a thread that would truly be embarrassing to the prestige of the message board known as TexAgs

Ever go to the politics board?
wacarnolds
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

wacarnolds said:

Ever go to the politics board?

That's my point. Forum 16 is texags. Idiotic posts are texags. How the hell is a tongue-in-cheek thread like this, or really any thread, capable of embarrassing such a board.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Killing it tonight. Will it be enough?
DukeMu
Khris is Cycling towards an NBA Championship. 29 points tonight. Just one win away.

It will/would be the Milwaukee Bucks first NBA title since Kareem and the Big O.

SECTAMU#1
In the end, Middleton had 29 points, seven boards and five assists. For the series, he's putting up 25.4 points, 6.6 rebounds, 5.4 dimes and 3.0 threes.

And most impressively, he has 14 points in the clutch (defined by the league as the final five minutes of fourth quarters and overtimes that are within five points). Every other player in the Finals has combined for 13.

If the Bucks wind up winning the series, Giannis Antetokounmpo will almost certainly win the Finals MVP. His 32.2 points, 13.0 rebounds and 5.6 assists are absurd. And the block he had on Deandre Ayton's alley-oop attempt late in Game 4 is an all-time Finals moment. But Middleton has done enough to get in the conversation.
PatAg
AG
This is awesome. We had a role player in Caruso win with Lebron last year, and now we have Middleton putting in monster performances throughout the whole playoffs AND in the finals themselves.
Both players are legends of the program.
JPAggie2010
AG
PascalsWager said:

Rocinante said:

JPAggie2010 said:

I don't think this is fair at all. He isn't more inconsistent than any comparable player like, for example, Jamal Murray, booker, Mitchell, PG, Jaylen Brown, Beal, Lavine etc. No he's not as consistent as KD or Giannis or Embiid that tier.

I think both you guys are missing the point of this post. It's actually praise with a little bit of fun. The post literally compares him to MJ at some point. Everyone here (I believe) knows and thinks that Khris is the best baller to come out of A&M. Look at every other threads we have about him and former players.

It's okay to make fun of the rollercoaster because there is some truth to it. It's not meant to be malicious. It's just light hearted humor.
Bunk Moreland
Exactly. Is it a narrative (and joke in some cases) that is unfair given how many other non top 10 NBA players have inconsistent swings or streaky moments? Absolutely.

But the reason it sticks is because his top level performances are and have been so good and so clutch, which is where he separates from other guys similar to his caliber.
DukeMu
Clutch City.

Middleton with a potential dagger midrange to go up 6 on CP3 and the Suns.
Bullpen Chias
AG
NBA Champion
JPAggie2010
AG
All phases of the cycle on display tonight. Clutch free throws and jumper at the end! Congrats Khris!!
sincereag
Ag9701
AG
Hopefully Khris is named MVP.

Just kidding.GA was amazing. Happy for KM.
speedy
AG
Proud for another Ag to be an NBA champion. Well done.
DukeMu
Bullpen Chias said:

NBA Champion
First in 50 years for the Bucks. It took the Big O AND Kareem to win it all back in 1971.
TyHolden
AG
who is the dude smoking cig and chugging bottle of champagne at press conference? he's f-ed up already.
isitjustme
AG
Congrats to Khris. Great win for the Bucks.

On another note, even though his coaching gig at TAMU didn't go as smoothly as planned, BK has got to find a little joy in the last 2 NBA finals results.
_lefraud_
AG
Yea 4-14 with Khris is truly special for BK
ontheway
AG
Yeah, right
ontheway
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.