Javonte Brown playing for team Canada U19

4,535 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Method Man
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

How does he look running up and down the court a bit? Gazelle-esque or shades of Luis Clemente?
Watching him I get some 'baby deer' vibes. Kid who is still growing into his body. The measurements are definitely there, maybe he's a beast 2 years from now, or maybe doesn't pan out. He certainly doesn't look like a 'stiff' to me. You can easily see why a high major would want to stash him on their roster.
phorizt
The two guys JB is behind on the CA U19 team are Zach Edey(7'4") who is a really good player for Purdue and was on the Big 10 all freshman team last year and is averaging 13.5 pts and 14 rpg in this tourney and Charles Bediako who will be a freshman at Bama this year and was a nat top 30 recruit. Those are a couple of potential future NBA players there. If nothing else it should be good experience for him practicing against those guys this summer. We don't exactly have those kinds of big guys on our roster to practice against. On the bad side, JB has one of the worst +/- and efficiency ratings of anyone who has played in the tournament.
ironmanag
AG
Method Man said:

Who are you?

Someone who actually lets the players get on campus and play before passing some asinine judgement.

And you are?
bobinator
AG
So you wait until they're here to pass asinine judgement?
MarcAg
AG
ironmanag said:

Method Man said:

Who are you?

Someone who actually lets the players get on campus and play before passing some asinine judgement.

And you are?

In Method Man's defense Brown has been on campus for 6 months.
Pumpkinhead
AG
MarcAg said:

ironmanag said:

Method Man said:

Who are you?

And you are?

After watching him in that Canada game, very hard to see him being a major minutes big next season. Not down on him long term in terms of what he might become, but definitely screams developmental project as of now.
Method Man
He's a seven footer who is full of potential. Full of potential is code for "a ways away" from contributing. I'll be happy to be wrong.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

He's a seven footer who is full of potential. Full of potential is code for "a ways away" from contributing. I'll be happy to be wrong.

But you also won't be disappointed to say you were right.
bobinator
AG
We just have to hope that we're good enough everywhere else that all we really need him to do is defend and rebound. If he only has to play a small defined role then maybe we're okay. We're in trouble if we need him to score, clearly.
Method Man
My favorite thing in the world.
phorizt
Pumpkinhead said:

MarcAg said:

ironmanag said:

Method Man said:

Who are you?

And you are?

After watching him in that Canada game, very hard to see him being a major minutes big next season. Not down on him long term in terms of what he might become, but definitely screams developmental project as of now.

He's like our only big besides the freshman who
Is supposed to be extremely raw and not as highly regarded as a recruit. Somebody has to get those minutes. If he's really that far away from being a threat and we dont bring in someone else who can help in the post then that doesnt seem like a very good roster management.
wacarnolds
AG
phorizt said:

He's like our only big besides the freshman who is supposed to be extremely raw and not as highly regarded as a recruit. Somebody has to get those minutes. If he's really that far away from being a threat and we dont bring in someone else who can help in the post then that doesnt seem like a very good roster management.

The Duke and Arkansas transfers are both bigs, but collectively it's a very unproven group. Losing Jordan Hall, who ideally would have given us 25+ minutes in the front court, is a killer. I don't know if that is "roster mismanagement" or a truly bad break, but it's got to be remedied either way.
LawHall88
AG
wacarnolds said:

phorizt said:

He's like our only big besides the freshman who is supposed to be extremely raw and not as highly regarded as a recruit. Somebody has to get those minutes. If he's really that far away from being a threat and we dont bring in someone else who can help in the post then that doesnt seem like a very good roster management.

The Duke and Arkansas transfers are both bigs, but collectively it's a very unproven group. Losing Jordan Hall, who ideally would have given us 25+ minutes in the front court, is a killer. I don't know if that is "roster mismanagement" or a truly bad break, but it's got to be remedied either way.
I haven't given up on Sydney Curry yet, although there hasn't been any "buzz" connecting him to us recently.
EastTX_Ag21
AG
When is the deadline for incoming transfers this year ? Or is there one
MarcAg
AG
Canada lost in the semis to the US today. Brown did not play in this game or the last game.
Method Man
At least Canada lost.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.