current roster

4,394 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TAM85
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone post what they think is the current roster of our men's team?
wacarnolds
AG
Backcourt:
1. Quenton Jackson (1 yr of eligibility remaining )
2. Andre Gordon (3)
3. Aaron Cash (3)
4. Marcus Williams (4)
5. Hayden Hefner (4)
6. Hassan Diarra (4)
7. Manny Obaseki (4)
8. Wade Taylor (4)

Frontcourt:
1. Ethan Henderson (2)
2. Jordan Hall (4)
3. Henry Coleman (4)
4. Javonte Brown (4)
5. Ashton Smith (4)

Other possibilities:
1 open scholarship
Method Man
Thank you wac
cs69ag
AG
Thanks a lot for posting the roster !!
MarcAg
AG
I almost posted earlier this week that every time somebody posts a roster update it changes within 48 hours.
bballcoach
Is it true Jordan Hall is not coming?
Gap
AG
bballcoach said:

Is it true Jordan Hall is not coming?
bballcoach
That is not what I wanted to hear
Texagsubscriber
I think he got feedback on style of play and how it was better to go back to SJU
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
Ag_EE_88
AG
Do y'all think that any of the frontcourt guys are ready to play or will it be a couple of years before they are ready for the SEC?
MarcAg
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Do y'all think that any of the frontcourt guys are ready to play or will it be a couple of years before they are ready for the SEC?

Coleman will be ready.

Ashton Smith doesn't have a choice and has to be ready. We need the help so I expect him to get thrown to the fire. He can rebound. He is agile.

The kid from Arkansas isn't great, but he's played in the SEC. He's as ready as he will ever be.

Brown can't be any worse than Aku. Aku couldn't catch a ball to save his life.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Ethan Henderson played 3 seasons for Arkansas and appeared in 50 games for them, so he obviously will be an older vet who is very familiar with SEC level of play. Though he wasn't a major minutes rotation guy at Arky so we were not necessarily expecting him to be more of a 15 mpg sort of rotation player. But he certainly isn't a rookie either. The Hog fans seemed to really like him, particularly complimented his effort and defensive abilities. He is a pretty long and athletic player, good shot blocker, but his offensive skills don't seem to go much beyond put backs and dunks.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Good work with the roster.

With Hall not coming, Buzz has two scholarships.

As for someone who asked about the front court players being ready, I think you'll see Coleman and Henderson get minutes, as well as Brown. At this point, I think Ashton Smith sees limited action. He's athletic but raw and with the other guys available, he will have some improvement to make to see good minutes.

Still a long ways away, but that would be my stance at this very moment.
MarcAg
AG
Hopefully Buzz has the magic switch to make Ethan Henderson more than just a dude. We are depending on a guy to be one of our main post players who couldn't score 2 ppg in any of his three seasons for a conference rival. Maybe the change of scenery will be good for him.
DukeMu
Logan Lee said:

Good work with the roster.

With Hall not coming, Buzz has two scholarships.

As for someone who asked about the front court players being ready, I think you'll see Coleman and Henderson get minutes, as well as Brown. At this point, I think Ashton Smith sees limited action. He's athletic but raw and with the other guys available, he will have some improvement to make to see good minutes.

Still a long ways away, but that would be my stance at this very moment.
Coleman and Brown are SEC ready. COVID robbed Coleman of consistent minutes at Duke. I think we're going to be very happy with him.
TAM85
Are there any walk-ons in the front court that may help? Do they even have walk-on workouts these days?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.