Tj Starks

12,938 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bobinator
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I notice that TJ is a little easier to talk about than other players because we know him. I trust Buzz on situations like this to make the decision. But I wouldn't bring him back. I'd split the minutes with the bench to get a clear view earlier where the rotation really should go.

HOWEVER: if it takes TJ to make the NCAAs. . .
MarcAg
AG
TJ isn't in the portal (at least hasn't been reported) and deadline has passed for free transfer.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Rocinante said:

Logan and/or liucci squelched this.
As I mentioned in earlier post, made little sense why either Buzz or Starks would have pushed for him coming back here. Wouldn't seem like a good fit for either party. Unless Stark's game has radically changed (I haven't watched him since he left A&M), he is an on-ball dominant guard. Maybe his game has matured a bit into a more efficient scorer, but there is only one basketball to share and Starks is the type of player who would need (and probably desire) a really big slice of the usage rate pie.
bobinator
AG
I don't like when premium info gets brought here. This board is the free board. If we wanted insider knowledge we'd pay for it.

This board is for wild baseless speculation based off of instagram stories. Don't taint it with "reports."
greg.w.h
AG
I will assure you there is almost zero substance to what I write.
Divining Rod
nm
Tavares19
AG
Divining Rod said:

Method Man said:

I loved good TJ Starks but bad TJ Starks may not be worth the trouble.

Sorry but I'll pass. I cant forget how he was handed a roadmap and car keys to get us at LEAST to Elite 8, but he ran his mouth and then tried to pkay hero ball and outduel Michigan's shooters.

And Billy LET him burn it all to the ground instead of calling timeout in the first 2 mins, sitting his ass on bench and telling him to remember WHY and HIW this team got where it was- through it's big men huge advantage.

Lol
Divining Rod
nm

Proposition Joe
You're blaming the Michigan loss on Starks "trying to outduel Michigan from long range" ?

By the time Starks took his second 3pt shot of the game we were down 30-12.

We lost to Michigan because the hit 60% from 3-point-land and in typical Kennedy fashion it took us an entire half to make an adjustment defensively -- and by that time the game was over.
MarcAg
AG
Why are you guys even bringing up that game? I completely blocked it out of my memory until today. Thanks a lot
Divining Rod
nm
bobinator
AG
Putting that Michigan loss primarily on Starks is one of the wildest things I've ever seen on this board. Truly amazing take.
Divining Rod
Not at all; and Kennedy. more the latter, since he should know better. it was like taking a gun to a duel and then throwing it at the other guy instead of pulling the trigger.
bobinator
AG
That analogy is somehow worse than the take itself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.