Tj Starks

12,886 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bobinator
@coopercuffe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back on campus & was shooting around with the team today. Billy did say we would all be familiar with the name & maybe MarcAg's joke wasn't a joke.
@coopercuffe
I also thought at first maybe just visiting old teammates but there is nobody left on the team that he would be familiar with.
Method Man
"We" the listeners.
Rossticus
@coopercuffe said:

Back on campus & was shooting around with the team today. Billy did say we would all be familiar with the name & maybe MarcAg's joke wasn't a joke.

Remind me, what was TJ's deal? Did he enter the portal and never actually transfer?
Admittedly, there's a risk in any course we follow, but every lesson of history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face, that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender. If we continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand, the ultimatum.
Goose06
AG
He transferred to Cal State something or another. Bakersfield maybe? Led the conference in scoring this year.
Rossticus
Goose06 said:

He transferred to Cal State something or another. Bakersfield maybe? Led the conference in scoring this year.

So then would he be coming back as a grad transfer?
Admittedly, there's a risk in any course we follow, but every lesson of history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face, that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender. If we continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand, the ultimatum.
Goose06
AG
Doesn't really matter any more. I figure he gets a free transfer like everyone else given the new rules.
LawHall88
AG
That would be something, given the circumstances of his exit, but I agree he would meet Looch's description as someone we all know.
Method Man
I loved good TJ Starks but bad TJ Starks may not be worth the trouble.
rlb28
AG
Wow (if true)
Tavares19
AG
Watched a few of his games this year and he definitely got better and improved his efficiency. Will still occasionally force a bad shot, but to be fair his team was BAD. Would be a big get
MarcAg
AG
I have always been a TJ Starks fan. I was more disappointed in him and the situation he left, but I always believed in him as a player.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Is that who Caruso was smoking with?!
mikesyracuse1
He had a very solid redshirt junior year playing for Mark Gottfried at Cal State Northridge. I was able to watch them a few times last season and he definitely has matured on the court.

Mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
As guard heavy as our next year roster seems to be, I'm skeptical that would be desired by either party. There is only 1 basketball.
Serious Lee
id take him, his attitude, and his poor shot selection back in a heartbeat.
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

As guard heavy as our next year roster seems to be, I'm skeptical that would be desired by either party. There is only 1 basketball.
So you are worried we are going from nobody being an offensive threat to having too many offensive threats.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Surprising that he would come back since the school was the one 'responsible' for doling out the punishment for violating school/team rules. And Buzz demanding loyalty or else is a thing of the past.
Rocinante
This would be the most hilarious thing in the history of Aggie basketball
aggiejohn
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
MarcAg said:

Pumpkinhead said:

So you are worried we are going from nobody being an offensive threat to having too many offensive threats.

Your particular 'Worry' question never crossed my mind. I am skeptical about Buzz and Starks hooking up again. As I posted.
MarcAg
AG
I was just being a smart A.

I am sure TJ has matured in last 2 years. He probably looks back and realizes it was an immature decision to get upset and leave because he was punished for something that required a punishment and probably would have been the same at most schools. Im not saying its happening, but I think Buzz would give somebody a second chance if he felt the kid has changed and the kid said the right things Heck its rumored Roccaforte and him got into a physical altercation and that led to them parting ways and now they have made up and are back together.
AggieEyes
AG
He destroyed UNC. That's all I know.
EastTX_Ag21
AG
RUN IT BACKKKK
@coopercuffe
Hop's silence speaks volumes
PatAg
AG
MarcAg said:

I was just being a smart A.

I am sure TJ has matured in last 2 years. He probably looks back and realizes it was an immature decision to get upset and leave because he was punished for something that required a punishment and probably would have been the same at most schools. Im not saying its happening, but I think Buzz would give somebody a second chance if he felt the kid has changed and the kid said the right things Heck its rumored Roccaforte and him got into a physical altercation and that led to them parting ways and now they have made up and are back together.
He'd especially give someone a second chance if he thought it would make the team better and save his job
Tobias Funke
AG
Save his job? Like it's in any danger?
LawHall88
AG
So based on this, I assume if Starks is coming we'll know by July 1st.

Also, Dawson Garcia is a player. He apparently did real well at the G-League camp.
MarcAg
AG
So that's saying if you enter the portal on July 20th you aren't eligible to immediately play next season? That makes no sense. But we are talking ncaa.
Goose06
AG
MarcAg said:

So that's saying if you enter the portal on July 20th you aren't eligible to immediately play next season? That makes no sense. But we are talking ncaa.

Particularly does not make sense for baseball. I mean schools like Arizona don't even have a coach right now.
MarcAg
AG
In future years it's even earlier and May 1st
PatAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Save his job? Like it's in any danger?
It will be if things don't trend upwards.
Method Man
Fine. Come to us TJ. We love you and forgive you.
Proposition Joe
I haven't been paying close attention - is this the "big" transfer that TA was hinting at?
Goose06
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I haven't been paying close attention - is this the "big" transfer that TA was hinting at?

I'm not sure they said it was "big". They said it was someone we would all know.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.