Basketball and Thanksgiving in Maui

3,488 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DukeMu
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those of you wanting to travel to Hawaii with the Aggies for Thanksgiving. Included is the opportunity to hang out on the beach with Bill Walton

https://www.mcisemi.com/mauiinvitational2021/

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
Bill Walton! The goat
wacarnolds
AG
Family? Or Walton?
Family? Or Walton?

Pumpkinhead
AG
Actually sat down with the wife about a month ago and took a serious look at going with her and our youngest. Never been to Hawaii and am a WW2 history fan so touring Pearl Harbor would be particularly interesting to me. Plus the hoops tournament and the other stuff.

But dang, did the expenses go up fast for a Maui trip. Just a 5/6 nights trip adding up all the associated costs, was looking like burning through 12K maybe more. And we already had a vacation trip to Europe booked for this Fall of similar cost and finally just couldn't pull the trigger on that level of vacation expense double-dipping.

But jealous of any of ya'll that do go. Looks like would be a pretty fun trip.
mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead said:

Actually sat down with the wife about a month ago and took a serious look at going with her and our youngest. Never been to Hawaii and am a WW2 history fan so touring Pearl Harbor would be particularly interesting to me. Plus the hoops tournament and the other stuff.

But dang, did the expenses go up fast for a Maui trip. Just a 5/6 nights trip adding up all the associated costs, was looking like burning through 12K maybe more. And we already had a vacation trip to Europe booked for this Fall of similar cost and finally just couldn't pull the trigger on that level of vacation expense double-dipping.

But jealous of any of ya'll that do go. Looks like would be a pretty fun trip.

It could be a great use of your stimulus money. Bill Walton and I will take you to dinner

Mikesyracuse1
DeangeloVickers
AG
My wife won't let me.....something about family tradition trip to Angel Fire for the last 40 years blah blah blah

For others as an FYI, showing videos of Bill Walton hurts your case...
Bunk Moreland

12thMan9
AG
I'd rather hang out w/Mick Fleetwood.
Ronnie '88
Gap
AG
Our side of the bracket:

Texas A&M vs Wisconsin
Butler vs Houston

Teams on the other side of the bracket of which we will only face one of them: Oregon, Saint Mary's, Notre Dame, and Chaminade.
wacarnolds
AG
Wisconsin has been a consistently strong program for 2 decades running, and last year was no exception, but they were absolutely wiped out by graduation after last season. Their losses include #1,2,4,6 scorers, leading assist man, #1 & #3 rebounders.

They got a 7 ft transfer from Cincinnati who looks to be a depth/rotation guy but not a star, along with a couple small time guard transfers. And their last recruiting class was nothing special.

Not sure that adds up to A&M having a good chance at winning, but at least we aren't starting out with a juggernaut ready to feast on our young roster.
MarcAg
AG
wacarnolds said:

Wisconsin has been a consistently strong program for 2 decades running, and last year was no exception, but they were absolutely wiped out by graduation after last season. Their losses include #1,2,4,6 scorers, leading assist man, #1 & #3 rebounders.

Can you imagine what their fans are saying looking at our roster from last year compared to this year
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

wacarnolds said:

Can you imagine what their fans are saying looking at our roster from last year compared to this year

Yeah this offseason was a blood bath. Frankly, if I was an opponent, I would be upset I didn't get to play last year's team and has to face this year's.
Method Man
They both suck. At least now we suck and are young/can grow.
wacarnolds
AG
yeah but last year was the kind of suck that already happened and it undoubtedly sucked.

this year can at least still be imagined as something approaching good so it doesn't have to suck if it doesn't want to
Method Man
I agree. I just don't expect much but I like the players we have and look forward to watching them grow. Hope we can hold onto all of them.
OasisMan
AG
12k?!

FFFFFfffffff

i was considering, but not at anywhere near that price
i is smart
AG
OasisMan said:

12k?!

FFFFFfffffff

i was considering, but not at anywhere near that price

Walton's LSD ain't cheap.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
DukeMu
Method Man said:

They both suck. At least now we suck and are young/can grow.
Better than year one (and two) and Buzz has players where he doesn't have to invent an entirely new system of basketball to go 10-8 in SEC play.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.