John Walker III

2,931 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LawHall88
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Anybody remember this guy from our program? He is quoted in The Chronicle about playing at TSU and being able to attend an HBCU. I vaguely remember him, but why did he leave and when? Not wishing him bad, but he isn't ringing major bells.
Peace for Ukraine!
bobinator
AG
I know 18-19 was a crap season but dude averaged like 15 minutes per game and played in almost every game, how do you not remember him?

I don't know why exactly he transferred though, I assume playing time/coaching change/the usual stuff.
monarch
S
I thought about it after I posted, looked up some stuff and maybe I should have remembered more of him, but initially, I didn't. That's why I was asking.
Peace for Ukraine!
phorizt
he left when Buzz came in but not sure exactly why. Was kind of odd to me bc he seemed like a pretty good fit for what Buzz liked at the 4 spot with his length and versatility he just needed time to develop physically. He's turned into a good player at TSU. He played well and averaged double figures last year against the better teams they played: Mich, BYU, Okie State, WSU, Auburn.
wacarnolds
AG
Here's the original thread on his transfer

https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3034996/1#discussion

I think it came down to: (1) a change at the Head Coach position (2) where the new guy was bringing in a lot of his own players (3) that didn't necessarily leave room for an unproven/developmental guy to continue to grow into a P5 player

Hindsight being 20/20, we would have been better off if we kept JW3 over some of the guys that flamed out immediately, but I don't think it would have made the past 2 years any less disappointing
bobinator
AG
Yeah, if we'd have known we were going to suck anyway we should have kept a project player on.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, if we'd have known we were going to suck anyway we should have kept a project player on.

Yes, but it should be noted he was terrible his first year at TSU (before and after getting injured), so even if he didn't transfer before Year 1 of Buzz, he almost certainly would have transferred after Year 1.
Method Man
He's so thin he has to tease his pubes to keep his shorts from falling off.
wasntme
Method Man said:

He's so thin he has to tease his pubes to keep his shorts from falling off.
That must have sounded funnier in your head.
Method Man
It did.
TopoTacos
AG
Yeah, his freshman year I thought he showed some real potential but I guess a coaching change will shake things up like that.

Either way it was cool to see him in the tournament and winning one of the play-in games
Hop
Staff
AG
The hoops board is slow-going when a John Walker III thread is the most active topic for the past three days.
LawHall88
AG
Hop said:

The hoops board is slow-going when a John Walker III thread is the most active topic for the past three days.
Here's some Josh Nebo news - he's moving up from the Israeli league to the Lithuanian league.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.