positive Jordan Hall note

20,710 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by OasisMan
@coopercuffe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Asked on Manny's Insta live where his locker & stuff is at and that he'll be here soon
Method Man
Not NBA materialyet.
aggiejohn
AG
Great news - he's a baller.
Aston04
monarch
S
And he is who?
Peace for Ukraine!
Tobias Funke
AG
He is NBA
LawHall88
AG

AggieHoopsGuy
agtrevino07
AG
I am a little bit confused now. Are we expecting Jordan to join the team soon? or the expectation is that he will be in USA try outs all summer? or is he going to stay in the NBA draft?
aggiejohn
AG
Likely outcome:
Yes. No. No.
LawHall88
AG
Rongagin71
AG
Yes, No, No, is fine with me as long as he wants to take a few classes starting by September.
Is there a deadline for scholarship players to enroll that is different from mainline students?
aggiejohn
AG
First week (or possibly second) of fall semester is th deadline.
agtrevino07
AG
aggiejohn said:

Likely outcome:
Yes. No. No.
Thanks for the answers
Hop
Staff
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Yes, No, No, is fine with me as long as he wants to take a few classes starting by September.
Is there a deadline for scholarship players to enroll that is different from mainline students?
This is for the World Championships in early-mid July. He'll be back in plenty of time. Last day of the event is July 11.
MarcAg
AG
I'm still hoping he doesn't make the team. If he makes the team and does well then he going to be on scouts radars (as scouts will be paying close attention to that championship) and could decide to stay in the draft.
LawHall88
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
MarcAg said:

I'm still hoping he doesn't make the team. If he makes the team and does well then he going to be on scouts radars (as scouts will be paying close attention to that championship) and could decide to stay in the draft.

I'd rather he make the team and kicks butt, is talked about as definitely looking like a future NBA player, then plays for us at least one season!
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

MarcAg said:

I'd rather he make the team and kicks butt, is talked about as definitely looking like a future NBA player, then plays for us at least one season!

That scenario he never puts on an Aggie uniform.
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

Pumpkinhead said:

MarcAg said:

That scenario he never puts on an Aggie uniform.

I don't understand what supports this sort of certainty. Guys have made the U19 team and still played another year of college basketball in the past. Reginald Perry was the MVP of the 2019 team and returned to Mississippi State. Carson Edwards played two more years after making the 2017 team. Payton Pritchard played three more years.
MarcAg
AG
None of those guys were going through the draft process while playing in that tournament. Because the draft took place before it. Carson Edwards also isn't what the NBA is really looking for. Hall is.
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

None of those guys were going through the draft process while playing in that tournament. Because the draft took place before it. Carson Edwards also isn't what the NBA is really looking for. Hall is.

And based on the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft and maintain eligibility next year, Jordan almost certainly will not be going through the draft process while playing in the tournament.

I get wanting everything to break exactly right for A&M basketball, but it seems weird to be rooting for the kid to not be that good or rooting for him to not have a chance at what seems like a great opportunity to represent his country. Plus, if he's NBA draft quality, it'll probably be determined long before any FIBA games are played.
MarcAg
AG
I think you are confused on when this is. This tournament is July 3rd -11th of this year. The deadline to pull out of the draft is July 19th.
gstu11
Your correct on the nba deadline but the NCAA deadline to return to college is around July 9. That's the day that matters for college players.
dcaggie04
AG
gstu11 said:

Your correct on the nba deadline but the NCAA deadline to return to college is around July 9. That's the day that matters for college players.

It's July 7th. 10 days after combine.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Regarding Hall, the most important thing is you want him to be really good at playing basketball; yes, good enough that the U19 team wants him. I don't prefer recruits who are 100% guaranteed to NOT have interest from NBA scouts. Give me the recruit that NBA scouts are intrigued about, and then I will root for him to actually play for us at least a year or two.
MarcAg
AG
We can agree to disagree. If this kid never plays at A&M then this program takes another hit. And I'm not going to be like good for him we had an Aggie make it, because he never was an Aggie
LawHall88
AG
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

I think you are confused on when this is.

One of us is definitely confused on how the draft process works
bobinator
AG
I think the wording on this is confusing in general to a lot of people.

There's an NBA withdrawal deadline (July 19) and an NCAA withdrawal deadline (July 7.) The second one is the one that matters for Hall. The first one is basically for international players.
AGNinBCS
AG
I predict he'll make it to campus. All of the Hall news is just signifying his stock is starting to rise, and he has a way to go until his stock peaks. My concern is that if Hall's stock peaks in late summer, then he may just sit on the A&M bench for the year to protect himself as an investment.

When is Buzz's boot camp? I think we'll learn a lot about his situation as an Aggie if he participates in that grueling process.
bobinator
AG
He's not going to sit on the bench for a year, what would be the point?

I think he'll make it to campus, his agent is just trying to get him hype.

They're trying to lay the groundwork for him to be a really high pick next year by doing all they can to get him attention this year even though they know (presumably) that he's not going to be taken this year.
AgEfan
wacarnolds said:

MarcAg said:

I think you are confused on when this is.

One of us is definitely confused on how the draft process works
I think the confusion was your wording in the following sentence "And based on the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft and maintain eligibility next year". I originally read that as not this coming season because you said next year and not this year. I took it to mean the season after his first year at A&M. I was confused too. It took me reading it like 5 times to understand what you were saying. It sounds like Mark read it the same as you did.

Regardless I hope the kid makes it to campus.
MarcAg
AG
Yes I definitely did not read "next year" as meaning this upcoming season. I think of it as "this year". So I definitely was confused and see what he was saying now. I definitely was wrong on date to withdraw from draft being at the conclusion of u/19 world championships. Looks like he can go through camp and maybe play 3-4 games before the deadline to withdraw. But now he has the G League Camp too to get more eyes on him. No matter what season we are talking about it sounds like it's not a lock he will be in an Aggie uniform.

Gabe was talking Aggie hoops on TexAgs radio on Monday with John Pugliese. Gabe kept talking about the team next year and kept talking about Jordan Hall. Finally John stopped him and said you are acting like Jordan is for sure going to be here. John mentioned he is taking this very seriously with the hiring of the agent and it's not just a let's test the waters and then I will for sure go to A&M. John's said he's actually good friends with his agent and Hall is seriously going through the draft process in hopes of going pro and if he can get a first round grade then he is likely to stay in the draft. You could see Gabe was kind of in shock and just assumed he was getting nba feedback and was a lock to get to A&M. Just to clarify John didn't predict he's going to stay in the draft, he just said if you think it's a given he will be an Ag you are mistaken. He didn't mention the world championships. But every nba team will have scouts at that event. I do feel better knowing his decision has to be made before that event is over.

So yeah I would just assume he go to trials and compete and come up short and then head to Aggieland late June. Better safe than sorry. And join the team sooner.
Pumpkinhead
AG
At least these are 'first world' concerns. If he does show up for Boot camp in the Fall and is for sure on the Aggie roster, you'll now be a lot more excited looking forward to seeing him given the smoke that he really does look to a bunch of folks like a legit future NBA prospect.

John Pugliese in a radio show with Gabe shortly after the Hall signing was announced, Gabe was super excited about Hall but Pugliese was much more conservative and measured, saying stuff like "He looks really skilled though maybe just an average athlete, hard to say how he will do moving up a level, might be better suited as a change of pace guy off the bench than a starter" etc. Threw a bit of shade on Gabe's sunshine. Now sounds though like Gabe's initial excitement maybe is going to turn out a bit more justified than how far on the bandwagon John was willing to go at that time.

Of course, in a perfect world, we'd have our cake and eat it too. Hall would have the talent and skills of future NBA prospect, but no NBA scouts would be aware him and Hall would not be focused at all on trying to get the word out and sell himself to such scouts. The perfect 'under the radar' situation. I guess like a Robert Williams sort of deal.

But still far better to sign a kid 'on the radar' with a good chance of showing up on campus than a kid who isn't on any radar at all because he simply isn't good enough.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.