Ladies & Gentlemen, THAT was Khris Middleton

6,369 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DukeMu
eb93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boom! Beautiful take for the last second shot. Hard shot, but one a gamer makes.
Iowaggie
AG
Method Man
GOAT NBA AG
mcag83
AG
KM !!!
Like anyone can even know that.
LawHall88
AG
KM is shooting 6-31 so far in the Bucks - Nets series. He needs to play alot better for the Bucks to have any chance.
wacarnolds
AG
LawHall88 said:

KM is shooting 6-31 so far in the Bucks - Nets series. He needs to play alot better for the Bucks to have any chance.

He's way too good to be shooting .302/.231/.500, especially against a team not known for its defense. I don't think the Bucks have a chance in this series, no matter how he plays, but hopefully Khris can make something out of the next few games
wacarnolds
AG
35 in a game 3 W
LawHall88
AG
Nice bounce-back game.
GrayMatter
AG
wacarnolds said:

LawHall88 said:

He's way too good to be shooting .302/.231/.500, especially against a team not known for its defense. I don't think the Bucks have a chance in this series, no matter how he plays, but hopefully Khris can make something out of the next few games
I guess the players really do read comments in this forum!
Method Man
He is nba
wacarnolds
AG

Quote:

Which makes it all the more remarkable when a player like Middletona star to Durant's blinding superstarcan outdo him in the balance of crunch time. The Bucks won Game 3 of their second-round series against the Nets with one hard-earned basket from Middleton after another: a bread-and-butter pull-up from 18 feet, a tough floater over two defenders, a layup Brooklyn could only stop by goaltend. Durant came up one make short in the closing stretch and five points shy of Middleton's 35, though the fact that there was a duel at all is somewhat preposterous in context. With its season on the brink of abject disaster, a title-contending team cleared its savvy point guard off to the side, designated the two-time MVP as a screener, and gave the ball, over and over, to Middleton.

As a teenager, Middleton would stay up late to watch Kobe Bryant close out games from three time zones away. Kids around the country probably weren't hanging on every dribble of Middleton's crunch-time run against the Nets in quite the same way. His game is quieter. Softer. For a scorer with his own extended reel of clutch heroics, Middleton cuts an unassuming figure; it's a version of stardom without the signal boost of a massive market or the thrust of mythology. Yet in the highest-leverage moments, Milwaukee leans on Middleton to create the kinds of shots that no one else on the team can.

Quote:

Any conversation about midrange shooting is framed by the fact that the NBA's 3-point revolution is already over, and the long ball won. The team that proportionally took the fewest 3s this season (the Washington Wizards) would have led the entire league in 3-point-shooting frequency as recently as 2014. Yet the more that the NBA style is saturated with 3-pointers and layups, the more valuable best-in-class creators in the midrange game become.

"If you can shoot a 3, guys these days really aren't gonna let you get a 3 off," says Middleton, a 41 percent shooter from deep this season. "They're gonna try to force you downhill. And now, with the way that you see a lot of schemes and coaches and the way they play, they want 3s or layups. So the defender's thinking mostly that you're going to the rim. So you sell your drive as hard as you can, and if you can stop on balance, it's basically a wide-open shot because the defender thinks you're going to the rim the whole time."
eb93
AG
Basically, Middleton shouldn't shoot inside the paint, lol. Great feature on his abilities. Love that guy.
BoerneGator
AG
Boom!
wacarnolds
AG
BoerneGator said:

Boom!

JPAggie2010
AG
Watched the game last night! I know it's been said many times here, but holy cow! Middleton is elite by NBA standards. If they win in 7, and he plays as expected, I bet he is series MVP.

We saw flashes of it here at A&M, but I just wish I could have seen him tear it up like this in Reed Arena on a consistent basis.
eb93
AG
Found this to be an interesting list on greatest players ever from SC: https://www.ranker.com/list/best-nba-players-from-south-carolina/ranker-nba
eb93
AG
Also, the Bucks' offensive sets so far in Game 7 are atrocious.
LawHall88
AG
Method Man
How'd they finish in your mind?
isitjustme
AG
Really happy with Bucks beating the Nets, very happy fo Khris.

I might have mixed feelings if the Nets hadn't abandoned DeAndre in the playoffs b/c Harden whined so much about him. Guess what, James, it might be you're the reason your teams never win it all!
EliteZags
AG
Bucks have the most starpower left in the playoffs
wacarnolds
AG
EliteZags said:

Bucks have the most starpower left in the playoffs

CP3/Booker/Ayton gives Giannis/Khris/Jrue a run for its money. Either way, Khris has an awesome opportunity in front of him
wacarnolds
AG

LawHall88
AG
wacarnolds said:

Great for him, but if the Bucks make the finals there will be basically no rest between that and the Olympic games. I'm honestly surprised that any players on the 4 remaining teams would commit to the Olympics.
wacarnolds
AG
Apparently Team USA basketball will have a plane sitting on the runway ready for any guys that make the finals to jump on as soon as the playoffs are over.

Crazy schedule, and yeah I wouldn't blame anyone that chooses to take a break and get some rest. The covid delays from 2020 are still wreaking havoc on the schedule and the start of next season is quickly approaching.
eb93
AG
I am ready to declare it: Khris Middleton is the best professional basketball player A&M has ever produced.
wacarnolds
AG
>>>>
CapCityAg89
AG
Khris is awesome. But is it ok that I love PJ Tucker now?
sincereag
I'd love to see a Suns vs Bucks Finals. That would be a good one and pulling for Khris to get a ring.
Know Your Enemy
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

You didn't like him when he dribbled out the shot clock?
amercer
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

He's still dribbling
war hymn aggie
AG
who woulda thunk that KM would be an Olympian when he left A&M?
Proposition Joe
0-16 in with Acie Law and Antoine Wright

vs

4-14 with Khris Middleton and Elston Turner

#coaching
LawHall88
AG
Middleton has been so up and down in the playoffs. A monster in Game 3, 0-7 from 3 in Game 4. And his team quit when Giannis got hurt.
Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

Middleton has been so up and down in the playoffs. A monster in Game 3, 0-7 from 3 in Game 4. And his team quit when Giannis got hurt.
Unfortunately for this year's playoffs, have seen numerous games now when a star player on the other team got hurt in mid-game. And often, seems like it is very difficult for the affected team to recover from that in-game. I wouldn't necessarily say the teammates 'quit'. It seems like more they are in an 'oh f***' state and takes a while to sink in. Particularly when you got a roster where they typically are only playing about 7 guys anyways and then literally your main core guy goes down destroying your game plan.

Better sense of the true fight in them would be in Game 5, though we'll see if Giannis is back.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.