Middleton

3,964 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mcag83
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's just the NBA, but Khris is having a great year for the Bucks and is currently the #1 ranked small forward in fantasy according to espn. What a nice career he's having.
rlb28
AG
isitjustme said:

I know it's just the NBA, but Khris is having a great year for the Bucks and is currently the #1 ranked small forward in fantasy according to espn. What a nice career he's having.
quietly a stud!
Tobias Funke
AG
I got to go to the Spurs/Bucks game last night, and it is pretty amazing watching him work in person. Dude has developed such a smooth game and a beautiful shot.

He also had a dunk last night that just about brought the entire arena down. Need to see if I can find a replay, but it was violent live.
GrayMatter
GrayMatter
AG
PascalsWager
AG
Middleton is the A&M GOAT at this point. And I don't think its close.

Time Lord is top 10 in PER though.
rlb28
AG
PascalsWager said:

It's close!

Khris Middleton - 16.8 ppg, 4.8 reb, 3.6 assists
Ranks #111 all-time in 3-pointers made

DeAndre Jordan - 9.4 ppg, 10.6 reb, 1.6 blocks
Ranks #1 all-time in FG%
Ranks #40 all-time in blocks
Ranks #45 all-time in rebounds
Matsui
wacarnolds
AG
PascalsWager said:

Agreed
mcag83
AG
PascalsWager said:

Amen
Like anyone can even know that.
Method Man
It's not close imo. If Middleton is your best player due to Giannis being out you still have a shot. If Deandre is your best player you don't. Stats be damned.
isitjustme
AG
Middleton best NBAer we ever put out. Deandre the best Aggie NBA C by far, which is a different position than a scoring position like SF. Neither was the best at their positions here at A&M, but they've have rocked it in the NBA.
JPAggie2010
AG
Agreed - Middleton is the best overall, DeAndre is the best center. Really happy with our NBA players as of late.In general, it feels like the first time we have a more than just 1 or 2 real consistent contributors for their teams:

PLAYER
POS.
TEAM
CONTRACT
2020 CAP HIT
2020 CASH
EARNINGS
DeAndre Jordan
C
BKN
4 yr / $39,960,716
$10,375,678
$10,375,678
$149,247,051
Khris Middleton
SF
MIL
5 yr / $177,500,000
$33,051,724
$33,051,724
$120,920,176
Danuel House
SF
HOU
3 yr / $11,151,000
$3,717,000
$3,717,000
$7,921,051
Robert Williams
C
BOS
4 yr / $9,283,856
$2,029,920
$2,029,920
$5,500,785
Alex Caruso
SG
LAL
2 yr / $5,500,000
$2,750,000
$2,750,000
$5,378,125

KBAGOLFER
Aston04
AG
PascalsWager said:

With the (obvious) clarification of Middleton being the A&M GOAT at NBA level. Acie Law IV is the A&M player GOAT.
PascalsWager
AG
Aston04 said:

PascalsWager said:

With the (obvious) clarification of Middleton being the A&M GOAT at NBA level. Acie Law IV is the A&M player GOAT.
Individual accomplishments are much more meaningful at higher levels.

Acie Law had the best college career of any basketball player in A&M history. Middleton is the best Aggie basketball player of all time with no caveats.
Method Man
Well, if we are being honest I care more that a player is great at A&M than in the NBA. Tyler Davis was a better player than DeAndre and it wasn't close so while I root for Deandre to do well I care more that Tyler Davis did well for us.
Frank Grimes
AG
Method Man said:

Well, if we are being honest I care more that a player is great at A&M than in the NBA. Tyler Davis was a better player than DeAndre and it wasn't close so while I root for Deandre to do well I care more that Tyler Davis did well for us.

Byron (Brian?) Davis was better too.
Method Man
No doubt.
isitjustme
AG
Like I said, Khris nor Deandre were the best at their positions while on campus, but it's always good to see Aggies do well in the pros and bring in the $$, no matter what the sport. That might just convince some awesome teenage jughead athlete decide to come here because for some, there is getting paid after A&M. Also great that we have 5 earning NBA paychecks now. Might lead to better ballers coming to town.
bobinator
AG
PascalsWager said:

Acie Law had the best college career of any basketball player in A&M history. Middleton is the best Aggie basketball player of all time with no caveats.

This is close to right. Your 'no caveats' assumes that you don't interpret that phrase "Aggie basketball player" as meaning a basketball player for the Aggies.

I'd word it this way:

Acie Law is the best Aggie basketball player of all time
Khris Middleton is the best basketball player of all that's an Aggie

It is kind of interesting that if you were building an all-time A&M team based on how they played when they were here, Middleton probably doesn't make the first or second teams and Jordan definitely doesn't. I wonder how many schools that's the case for where their best NBA players are arguably not even in the top ten of their best college players.
DowntownDallas99
Sonny P.

(Google him if you are under 50.)
Macho Honcho
AG
_lefraud_
AG
Off the top of my head, some of Duke's best NBA players probably wouldn't make the Duke top10. Grant Hill is the pinnacle (right now), and he certainly would make Duke's top10...but after that.

That's not a great example, as the Duke10 would be an impressive list. I guess that's the real question. A&M's top10 isn't that impressive (on a national level), so yea, to have two guys have great NBA careers, who wouldn't make their school's (sad) top10, is peculiar.
greg.w.h
AG
Middleton stood out while he played and wasn't injured. That team unfortunately was pretty snakebit in almost too many ways to count.

Jordan's handling by Turgeon was odd. My opinion was he got handed a talent he didn't typically recruit for because mid-majors don't usually get a tremendously gifted big (Gonzaga is certainly an exception as were the mid-1950 University of San Francisco Dons with Bill Russell leading them to back-to-back NCs in 1955-56. KC Jones and Russell were All-Americans in 1956 though Jones was a guard, then Mike Farmer, Ollie Johnson, Bill Cartwright, James Hardy, and Winford Boynes as 6'6" or taller forwards and centers who were All-Americans).

I think Jordan might have had some maturity issues, too, but most good coaches work to get talent on the floor in spite of maturity unless it really doesn't fit their scheme. I'll further note Jordan showed early he really was best as a rim protector and didn't seem interested in much else. Don't know if that mattered or not in how he got played or even if it just was very well known he was a one-and-done.
Stone44
AG
Macho Honcho said:

Cold blooded GOAT.
mcag83
AG
Khris
Like anyone can even know that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.