General Theme of Incoming Transfers

4,468 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wacarnolds
phorizt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Surprisingly, we've only had one freshman guard/wing average double digit points as a true freshman in the past 20 years (Middleton). Starks basically did it too at 9.9 ppg but we just haven't had that type of immediate impact perimeter player very often. We've got two incoming transfers who did that last year as freshmen so that is a good start to improving the offense. With Williams, Cash and Hall we have 3 guys who have at least proven to be competent 3 point shooters in college too so that's a big improvement over what we've had. And 2 incoming guys who proved to be pretty good at running an offense and putting up good assist numbers. 2 more than we've had the past 2 years. And a couple of bigs who can at least catch the ball and finish at the rim which we didn't have this year.
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

wacarnolds said:

Captain Pablo said:

Do our players' skill sets include actually scoring points?

Marcus Williams 15 ppg
Jordan Hall 11 ppg

Both put up good numbers as freshman, and will help carry the scoring load. Hopefully Manny O hits the ground running too. The other newcomers probably won't be major offensive weapons.
Ok once we know what the roster looks like (I still think we add one more), are you starting a thread where we can all make ridiculous predictions of PPG for each player?

You reading my mind? I was planning to capture the freshman guard production for the past 20 years and let people figure out where Manny will slot in
bobinator
AG
Just points? I think we need to do a different stat every week of the offseason.

May 10 - Points
May 17 - Rebounds
May 24 - Assists
May 31 - Turnovers
June 7 - Blocks
June 14 - Steals
June 21 - Fouls
June 28 - 3pt %
July 5 - FT %
July 12 - 2 pt%
July 19 - 2 pt% not including near-basket shots
July 26 - Offensive Rebounds
August 2 - Defensive rebounds
August 9 - Charges taken
August 16 - Paint touches
August 23 - Non paint touches
August 30 - How often they each cause each of us to think "Jesus..." during the game
Sept. 6 - How often Hop yells at them to cut off the baseline
Sept 13 - Receptions if they were on the football team
Sept 20 - Attempts to take charges that are called blocks
Sept 27 - Attempts to take charges that aren't called anything
October 4 - How many times announcers will reference socks for charges
October 11 - Dead ball turnovers
October 18 - Moxie
October 25 - Patriotism
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

August 30 - How often they each cause each of us to think "Jesus..." during the game

Lol
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.