Discussion on Texas A&M: the 24th best College Basketball job

2,013 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgEfan
PascalsWager
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A college basketball/NBA Draft podcast I frequently listen to had an episode about the top 25 college basketball jobs. I was pleasantly surprised to see Texas A&M mentioned at #24.

The A&M part starts at 31:26.

Game Theory Podcast
bobinator
AG
I agree that our job is basically as good as any other second tier job.
Never_seen_em_quit
AG
I'm pleasantly surprised as well. I suppose Texas has more talent than some other parts of the country and though the fan support isn't as good as it ought to be our athletic department is substantial enough to lead one into thinking that the basketball program has potential. If these rankings came out 10 years ago #24 would feel about right, if not selling us short, but now it seems like a compliment.
bobinator
AG
I made this whole argument on the coaching changes thread, but I think the "how good is this job" conversation almost always misses the mark.

What matters is how good of coaches can you hire, how good of coaches can you keep, how close are you to talent, and then are there any wildcards that make playing at that school extra attractive or extra unattractive.

And even then, I think there are basically just tiers of jobs.
Method Man
If keep coaches way too long is part of the criteria then we are up there.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Is there a listing of the jobs in order from 1 to 25 for those of us who don't want to listen? Thanks!
Rocinante
Our athletic department leads the country in revenue generation, we have a huge alumni base and we are in a talent rich area so yeah, we should be a top 25 job in every sport we play.
AgEfan
It pays well and as mentioned above we don't figure you too early.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.