The Plot Thickens

19,239 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarcAg
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the insight Peter. Would love to see you on this board some more. You are welcome anytime you want to chime in.

As for supporting the team. I had season tickets for many years while in College Station. I'm in Houston now and work full hours and have a 1 year old. They will get my financial support again when I get the time, and when A&M decides to crack down on the cancerous members of its faculty and administration.
bobinator
AG
mazag08 said:

Thanks for the insight Peter. Would love to see you on this board some more. You are welcome anytime you want to chime in.

Speak for yourself. I, for one, do not welcome him.

We're not ready for takes that hot.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

"I was wrong, but I'm still right" is the ultimate Hop post.

Touche'....classic 10:21 AM and 2:46 PM posts. Does your state employer require you to do anything during the day?
bobinator
AG
People posting on this website while at work is like y'alls entire business model.
mazag08
AG
bobinator said:

People posting on this website while at work is like y'alls entire business model.
That just motivated me to stop feeding texags bottom line.

Yay work!
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

If you were posting on premium, that's a different story.
_lefraud_
AG
I don't know if I welcome him either.

He comes in, dunks on Hop, gets 106 likes with his only post...legend.

And don't think he doesn't lurk/post from another account...
Pumpkinhead
AG
_lefraud_ said:

We joke at times that there are only about 10 hoops fans who browse this board, but thanks to Peter, we now got proof that there are at least 100!
wacarnolds
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

I am not disagreeing with that but I remember all the hype over Marfo last year

I think you are misremembering. There was very little hype about Marfo, who despite a ton of playing time at a lower level, had not really distinguished himself, outside of his rebounding.

Williams showed as a freshman he has a lot of potential and the type of game that can change a team's outlook, so I think it's fair to be much more excited about his impact on the team next year and beyond, compared to the Marfo experience.
bobinator
AG
I think there was more hope than hype. Important difference.
czar_iv
AG
Hop said:

bobinator said:

Not really ... maybe you should check the revenue TexAgs generates from clicks and impressions.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Hop
Staff
AG
czar_iv said:

Hop said:

bobinator said:

Not really ... maybe you should check the revenue TexAgs generates from clicks and impressions.

We're just smack talking each other. I know Bobinator. Second, I do know the financial breakdown of the company I work for.
mazag08
AG
Hop said:

czar_iv said:

Hop said:

bobinator said:

We're just smack talking each other. I know Bobinator. Second, I do know the financial breakdown of the company I work for.

They owe you more money. Your threads generate a ton of discussion.
agfan2332
Are you talking about Peter?
bobinator
AG
No it was someone else
Method Man
Pumpkinhead said:

_lefraud_ said:

We joke at times that there are only about 10 hoops fans who browse this board, but thanks to Peter, we now got proof that there are at least 100!

Those are all Peter's socks.
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

_lefraud_ said:

The only saw it because it was on the main page as post of the day. " Why does this basketball post have so many stars?"
czar_iv
AG
Hop said:

czar_iv said:

Hop said:

bobinator said:

Yea I'm sure you do ... probably at the same level of your post about Peter.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Aldo the Apache
AG
Just hopping in to say Peter Warden is THE MAN. Short story, when I was a student (think this was 2015-20160 a few of my friends were on the women's practice squad team (yes, they were males) and we took every advantage of their access to the Reed Arena practice facilities for some late-night 5 on 5 at least once a week.

We were there pretty late one night, had the music up pretty loud, and all of a sudden heard a yell from the second floor balcony that connects to the coaches offices. Out comes Peter Warden, and we thought we were going to be kicked out of the practices courts at a minimum, and maybe get the practice squad guys in hot water with GB, but once we explained the situation, Peter let us keep playing and also came down & showed us how to work the in-wall speaker system.

Seems like such a small thing, but it made a big impression on a bunch of college kids. He's good people, and I really hated to see him go, but am glad to have him on this board and doing very well.
greg.w.h
AG
As long as he made you dust mop the court afterwards.

Note to self: stop using ellipsis (. . .) TexAgs recycles them and sells them to other sites along with em dashes.
LawHall88
AG
AWP 97
AG
Are the same people that will take Miller back the same people who take their girlfriends back after the girlfriends go back on the market to see if anything better is out there?
AWP 97
AG
Hop said:

MarcAg said:

Hop said:

MarcAg said:

Ag_EE_88 said:

Do you think Buzz would allow them back on the team if they changed their mind and/or McNeilly was going to some place they didn't want to play? I sort of don't think Buzz would go for that but who knows. If Miller did come back, we would have a pretty good team next year....
I would imagine EMan would be welcomed back if he wanted to come back. I don't think Buzz has any issues with EMan and understands if a kid wanting to move on and then changed his mind. I dont expect that to happen though.
I don't know for sure and this isn't based on anything I've heard, but Buzz is a big loyalty guy. While he may wish a player well and support their decision to enter the portal, and I'm not sure he's the type that would welcome somebody back who wanted to leave in the first place.

I think it would be a case by case basis. I think he would welcome eman back for sure. And not because he is our best player, more so he's been a very hard worker and had a good attitude and not been a problem. So I'm sure Buzz would have a talk with him about his level of commitment and how do we know it won't happen again. But I think in the end he would welcome him back. But again we are debating something that isn't going to be a possibility so it's a pointless debate.
I'm telling you, Buzz is fanatical about loyalty. There was a guy on the A&M support staff back in 2006 who Buzz wanted to come with him to New Orleans...basically a shuttered program after the big hurricane. The staffer turned him down and remained at A&M. He was in an administrative (not coaching) role through the Turgeon and Kennedy years. When Buzz came in, he wouldn't retain him.

That doesn't make sense. It sounds like the guy was very loyal to A&M. Why would the guy be loyal to an assistant coach that didn't hire him?
wacarnolds
AG
LawHall88 said:

I believe Benford was one of those guys that a lot of media were penciling in to join Buzz when he was announced as our HC
Ag_EE_88
AG
Anyone have any idea when something will be official. It's just strange that he hasn't officially been hired by anyone else and is still listed as being on our staff. Certainly his contract must be up soon. It's been awhile since it was 'rumored' that he was going to MN.
MarcAg
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Anyone have any idea when something will be official. It's just strange that he hasn't officially been hired by anyone else and is still listed as being on our staff. Certainly his contract must be up soon. It's been awhile since it was 'rumored' that he was going to MN.
So I misread what you posted. Thought you were talking about us hiring an assistant. I mean Fort Worth paper wrote an article that he was joining the staff.
Ag_EE_88
AG
MarcAg said:

Ag_EE_88 said:

So I misread what you posted. Thought you were talking about us hiring an assistant. I mean Fort Worth paper wrote an article that he was joining the staff.

Thanks. Yeah, I figure until he is officially off our payroll, we won't know who we are hiring. Certainly Buzz has a good idea or knows who it is already. Just irritating that we can't have any 'official rumors' about who we are going to hire to take McNeilly's spot.

Edited to say 'official rumors'.
MarcAg
AG
Buzz didnt officially name his assistant coaches when he took over until end of August. He took job at the start of April and then last few days of August they officially announced assistant coaches. So dont be shocked if you dont hear anything official on our new assistant for a while
wacarnolds
AG

greg.w.h
AG
I hope all the blue bloods who cheated are paying close attention to the penalty levied on their scapegoat.
LawHall88
AG
No scholarship or recruiting restrictions, no post-season-ban. This is a big bucket of nothing.
wacarnolds
AG
IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT
wacarnolds
AG
Also we're going to kick their asses in December
MarcAg
AG
Yeah that was absolutely nothing. That doesn't even constitute slap on the wrist.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.