The Plot Thickens

19,238 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarcAg
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gap
AG
Wild stuff.

Does that make it likely for Miller to come back to A&M?
LawHall88
AG
I don't know, maybe McNeilly landed a better gig?
MarcAg
AG
Gap said:

Wild stuff.

Does that make it likely for Miller to come back to A&M?

I guess anything is possible, but I certainly wouldn't expect him coming back.
wacarnolds
AG
Figured this would happen when Miller entered the portal and became part of the package
Ag_EE_88
AG
Wonder if he violated some rules and that's why Buzz didn't renew and then Mn found out and they didn't want him.
Proposition Joe
That seems the most likely scenario based on whst we know.
agtrevino07
AG
I am wondering if now he is going after the Illinois assistant vacancy since Orlango Antigua recently left for Kentucky. Brand Underwood was always interested in E-main so this might be the way to get him.
MarcAg
AG
Just curious why does that seem like the most likely scenario?
LawHall88
AG
Yeah, upgrading to Illinois seems more plausible.
Proposition Joe
MarcAg said:

Just curious why does that seem like the most likely scenario?

Long-time assistant coach with "recruiting pipeline" suddenly leaves. Any and all inquiries about reasoning are met with simply "his contract wasn't renewed". School that he left for now seems to have cooled on him.

I mean, it's all theorizing (since we don't ever really get a whole lot of inside info about the basketball program at A&M) -- but it would seem to point to either Buzz and Jamie's friendship of 15 years suddenly hit a major bump or that Buzz and the program had no choice but to distance himself from the assistant.

With the odd Minnesota news coming out, I'd lean towards the latter.
MarcAg
AG
The rumors locally were he was out shopping his name around during the season and his commitment to the program was questioned. I could see not being renewed under that scenario.
MarcAg
AG
Speculation by some on a Minnesota board is possible visa issues impacting the hire, but nothing confirmed.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The 'Cashius McNeilly & Emanuel Miller (Texas A&M) both in the portal' thread on the Gophers message board, which got off to an exciting start as their posters eagerly anticipated those two players joining their roster, has now nose-dived into 'We won't win 5 games next season' depression.

Looks like the Minny hoops fans have now also joined the 'Got hyped about Cashius McNeilly, then he never stepped on our court' club.
Topher17
AG
wacarnolds said:

Figured this would happen when Miller entered the portal and became part of the package

Yeah, I'm with this line of thinking. When E-Man got added as part of the deal, his options likely improved a good bit. I guess we will see where he ends up in the end.
DTP02
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

The 'Cashius McNeilly & Emanuel Miller (Texas A&M) both in the portal' thread on the Gophers message board, which got off to an exciting start as their posters eagerly anticipated those two players joining their roster, has now nose-dived into 'We won't win 5 games next season' depression.

Looks like the Minny hoops fans have now also joined the 'Got hyped about Cashius McNeilly, then he never stepped on our court' club.

Oh, poor Gophers, got their hopes up for a whole month about Cash but never got to see him play. Must be tough.
Tobias Funke
AG
MarcAg said:

The rumors locally were he was out shopping his name around during the season and his commitment to the program was questioned. I could see not being renewed under that scenario.

Geez so what? Questioning his commitment to the program is insane. It's not like he was reading books or listening to podcasts.
Method Man
For a guy that gets mad at ass whips you're being an ass whip.
Double Diamond
What's amazing is two kids waiting on this coach to make up his mind. Like they don't care where they end up.
MarcAg
AG
Double Diamond said:

What's amazing is two kids waiting on this coach to make up his mind. Like they don't care where they end up.

Well the coach is one kid's uncle so that makes some sense. We also just assume Miller is going where they are, but we honestly have no clue.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Been the most interesting assistant coach drama to follow since maybe the Cyp firing after Kennedy's 3rd season, which caused one of the better players on the team to bail (Jamal Jones) and fueled a bunch of speculation on the message boards about what had happened (What was going on).

Now we are just waiting for Buzz to announce he has hired Rick Stansbury to replace McNeilly.
Proposition Joe
Wow I had forgotten all that. Complete with the moral center jorts assuring us all Cyprien was the mastermind behind all of our successes.
Double Diamond
Success? Those three years were bad.
bobinator
AG
Cyprien rivals Keller for how overhyped they are on TexAgs.
Double Diamond
Keller is a pretty good coach.
bobinator
AG
He's fine, but he's not as good as some folks make him out to be.
MarcAg
AG
And Stansbury is probably underhyped for what he did here.
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

Double Diamond said:

Well the coach is one kid's uncle so that makes some sense. We also just assume Miller is going where they are, but we honestly have no clue.
I still think it's unlikely that McNeilly is jobless all of a sudden; more likely he got a better gig than Minnesota. Illinois does seem possible since they are about to lose one and maybe two assistants to Kentucky.
MarcAg
AG
Maybe he is getting a head coach look. Maybe they are all going to Bethune-Cookman
Ag_EE_88
AG
Do you think Buzz would allow them back on the team if they changed their mind and/or McNeilly was going to some place they didn't want to play? I sort of don't think Buzz would go for that but who knows. If Miller did come back, we would have a pretty good team next year....
Topher17
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Do you think Buzz would allow them back on the team if they changed their mind and/or McNeilly was going to some place they didn't want to play? I sort of don't think Buzz would go for that but who knows. If Miller did come back, we would have a pretty good team next year....
As much as it might go against his philosophies, he'd be crazy to not welcome Miller back with open arms. Add him to the mix with Marcus Williams and our prospects for next season change quickly.
MarcAg
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

I would imagine EMan would be welcomed back if he wanted to come back. I don't think Buzz has any issues with EMan and understands if a kid wanting to move on and then changed his mind. I dont expect that to happen though.
KCup17
AG
Cash isn't coming back regardless of what happens to Coach McNeilly. Jury still out on Eman but I strongly believe he won't be back either.
Wicked Good Ag
How would we have a pretty good team next year if Eman comes back ?? How would we know?? Every player that played significant minutes left except one and thus we would be relying on transfer pickups that couldn't sniff the floor at other schools and incoming freshman that may or may not pan out
Hop
Staff
AG
MarcAg said:

Ag_EE_88 said:

I would imagine EMan would be welcomed back if he wanted to come back. I don't think Buzz has any issues with EMan and understands if a kid wanting to move on and then changed his mind. I dont expect that to happen though.
I don't know for sure and this isn't based on anything I've heard, but Buzz is a big loyalty guy. While he may wish a player well and support their decision to enter the portal, and I'm not sure he's the type that would welcome somebody back who wanted to leave in the first place.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.