Jaxson Robinson now in the portal

17,013 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DallasAggie87
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

bobinator
AG
Hm, I kind of liked the potential there but hard to know how talented he was since he skipped his senior season and enrolled early.
Method Man
-____-
Aston04
AG
Averaged 2.1 points per game. Shot 28.6% from 3.

Probably best for all parties he hits the reset button and goes somewhere else.

Good luck to him.
LawHall88
AG
Well, bummer. Another transfer portal spot opens up.
Duck Sausage
AG
Wtf
Method Man
#whosnext
Aston04
AG
Duck Sausage said:

Wtf
This is college basketball, now. Likely most p5 school are turning into a swinging gate of a roster like UK has for years. Especially bad this year because it is the first year kids have the ability to transfer 1 time without penalty. Will settle down a little after this year.

While losing Jaxson is sad, there's a great chance we can get someone else who put up better numbers last year.
bballcoach
WTH?
Tavares19
AG
He was like 17 playing high level D1 basketball a year early in a pandemic. Judgement on his talent from last year is really unfair to him. This is a big loss
Aston04
AG
I understand. Definitely early. But he didn't exactly jump off the page this year with those numbers. Certainly replaceable production and possibly upgradeable swap going to happen here.
bobinator
AG
I think saying it's a big loss is as unfair as saying it's not a loss. We just don't know what kind of player he can be yet.
Tavares19
AG
Big loss is probably a bit much yeah, just for me personally he was the guy I was most excited to see next year. I think a full offseason and a year older he could become really good. He has the body and athleticism Buzz covets so this is puzzling
MarcAg
AG
This is a big loss. And might have impact on other possibly departures.
Proposition Joe
It's a loss in the sense that he was young and Buzz' guy, so he absolutely wasn't shoved out to make room for a transfer.

At a certain point you have to acknowledge there's a lot of signs pointing to a culture problem in this program.
bballcoach
I heard he was a really nice peace( "payed well in practice ")with Heck of an upside. Seeing that Buzz is a big system guy that puts us behind the learning curve.
Wicked Good Ag
He should have never reclassified during a pandemic. The uncertainty of the season threw everything into mass chaos. And the one time transfer system won't stabilize for a few years
bobinator
AG
It's definitely a bigger loss in the "what is going in there?" sense since he isn't (from what I know) tied to McNeilly and wasn't a senior.
bobinator
AG
Wasn't his high school season cancelled anyway? At a bare minimum he got some early exposure to college basketball and didn't have to sacrifice a year of eligibility. I'd say it was worth it for him.
bballcoach
I heard he was a really nice peace( "payed well in practice ")with Heck of an upside. Seeing that Buzz is a big system guy that puts us behinf
Topher17
AG
bobinator said:

Wasn't his high school season cancelled anyway? At a bare minimum he got some early exposure to college basketball and didn't have to sacrifice a year of eligibility. I'd say it was worth it for him.
This was my understanding for why he decided to reclassify in the first place, which made a lot of sense. This is definitely a bit curious to me. I felt like Buzz really liked him and felt like he could be a solid piece moving forward.

I wonder how much this has to do with being a young freshman during a pandemic. The transition as a freshman in college is tough enough. Now add in being a year younger than everyone else and a pandemic on top of that and I can only imagine how difficult it could be. I imagine the image you had of college and what you were told about college, and the life you are living are enormously different.
CactusThomas
AG
**** show
Wicked Good Ag
bobinator said:

Was it? Most HS programs played this season some put of until later in spring

All i know is players are making decisions based upon a year that is pretty much virtual only, limited attendance, we didnt play for a month for most part

Pretty soon the fans will not be wanting to watch as often because the players will change about 50% of the time each year across most programs unless of course you are able to be in the top ten or play a top 10 team because of the ease of transferring. I am not against free market but then again this will eventually become hired sports mercenaries at which time those who can pay the most will win out

I dont like that idea either
mazag08
AG
Instead of playing guys that had a lot of potential and would have been key pieces moving forward, we played guys like Flagg who gave minimal effort and had obviously peaked in their development.
halfastros81
AG
This is getting ridiculous. I know the free transfer thing is causing chaos all over but why do so many of these kids not want to be here?
mazag08
AG
halfastros81 said:

This is getting ridiculous. I know the free transfer thing is causing chaos all over but why do so many of these kids not want to be here?
Kids these days don't want to be preached to as they go through the academic motions on the way to their big NBA pay day. They want to play, they want to play a lot, they want to play their own game, and they don't want to have to endure grueling off seasons and coaching clinics to do it.
Wicked Good Ag
Oklahoma HS BB played this year
Topher17
AG
mazag08 said:

Instead of playing guys that had a lot of potential and would have been key pieces moving forward, we played guys like Flagg who gave minimal effort and had obviously peaked in their development.
I'll agree that the three games after the long pause we could have benefited from going young and getting guys like Robinson more time on the floor. We knew what we had and winning games wasn't likely, it would have made sense.
94chem
mazag08 said:

halfastros81 said:

Kids these days don't want to be preached to as they go through the academic motions on the way to their big NBA pay day. They want to play, they want to play a lot, they want to play their own game, and they don't want to have to endure grueling off seasons and coaching clinics to do it.
Can we get the Mavs or Rockets to come in for a scrimmage? Do these kids have any idea just how bad they are compared to professionals?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
bobinator
AG
Yeah I'm not sure where I heard that that was part of the decision to reclassify, I can't find that anywhere now.

Either way, he got in a free season of college ball.
bobinator
AG
I'm a little torn on this because if they're not ready they're not ready. I also don't like the idea of benching seniors that are better than the underclassmen, you have to put your best guys on the floor.

That said, I'd have benched Flagg a long time ago for the way he plays.
rlb28
AG
Method Man said:

#whosnext
#metoo
85AustinAg
AG
OK, I'll counter the gloom and doom. Couldn't we be trying to make room for an upgrade?
Gap
AG
Robinson never impressed whatsoever. Never even a flash of it. Not a big loss. Just a case of the recruiting hype being off and misguided.
bobinator
AG
We already have room.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.