Miller transferring

23,409 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bobinator
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

No way to spin that one. Not good.
bobinator
AG
Also Cash is officially transferring, but that was just a matter of time.
ironmanag
AG
Are we going to have a roster next year?
bobinator
AG
If this is all tied to McNeilly that's a bizarre deal.
KCup17
AG
I guess we can officially call this the mass Exodus.

I'll put a $20 down that he heads to Minnesota.
Texas A&M
bballcoach
This is a HUGE loss!! Got to hit that transfer portal like Babe Ruth!!!
Topher17
AG
He was kind of the one player it felt like we couldn't lose. He was 100% going to be the player to build the entire team around the next two years. This is a major blow, not really any other way to describe it.
GE
AG
What a disaster. Aggie basketball used to be fun or at least interesting. Hopefully these recruits pan out in a big way.
MarcAg
AG
We will be picked to finish 14th in the SEC next season. No doubt.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yikes.
Topher17
AG
Going to be a lot of playing time to offer some of these transfers. I'll be interested to see who we end up with, but this feels pretty bad at the moment.
Texas A&M
I'll say it again, but Dick Vitale was right......

DeangeloVickers
AG
SWIIIINGGG LOOOOOOOOOWWWW

SWEET CHARIOT

COMING FOR TO CARRY ME HOOOOOOME
bobinator
AG
It's definitely bad. I don't know any of the behind the scenes as to why or if it has to do with McNeilly leaving (which, did we ever find out for sure if he was fired or if he's leaving on his own?)

But for what it means on the court the why doesn't matter, it's a massive blow to next season. He was the only guy we had that you could actually count on.
sincereag
All I can say is Cashius McNeeley really screwed our program over. He should have been on the court this past year helping our team instead of sitting at home in Canada. Now he gets up and leaves and takes our best player with him.
Proposition Joe
Guys guys guys -- lets just wait and see!
Topher17
AG
Throw some of the young guards and a quality transfer around Miller and I think you had a chance to be a pretty solid squad next year with a chance at the tournament. Now? Who knows.
We'll see who gets brought in, but we will likely be praying the young guards are as good or better than advertised and a couple of guys like Gordon and Diarra take huge steps forward.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Guys guys guys -- lets just wait and see!
Dominion Caracas Branch
Damned Canadians.
bobinator
AG
He's still not right, but even if he was right, the no-sit transfer rule passing was inevitable. It's like being upset that the tide is coming in.
gig them
AG
gotta laugh to keep from crying

LawHall88
AG
I don't throw the word "disaster" around lightly, but...
gig them
AG
it's more like being upset that the tide is coming in and washing your most valuable possessions out to sea
TexAg15
AG
Are we just destined be bad forever? At least I got to experience the good years.
bobinator
AG
Well now you're mixing metaphors. I was just talking about the inevitability of the no-sit transfer rule in college basketball.

I don't think it's going to ruin college basketball, but there was nothing you could do about it anyway.
Topher17
AG
There will be tons of moaning and groaning about the portal this offseason and people saying it will ruin the sport, but I think in a couple years it will settle down. It is going to be and has been totally wild this offseason and maybe will be next year, but as coaches and players get used to it I don't think we will see 1000+ players in the portal every year. We will probably always see players from small schools move up and players not performing at larger schools move down, which I think will ultimately be a good thing.

The timing of the great portal reckoning just hasn't been good for us in particular. If this was 2016 and we just used two transfers to get to the Sweet 16, we probably look pretty damn good to some transfers, like Arkansas does right now. Instead our program fell off, we changed coaches and we find ourselves trying to sell "come here and build something" to transfers rather than "come here and play in the Sweet 16," which is a much more difficult sell to a guy with two years to play two than it is to a high school senior.
Texas A&M
bobinator said:

He's still not right, but even if he was right, the no-sit transfer rule passing was inevitable. It's like being upset that the tide is coming in.
We'll agree to disagree. IMO there was nothing inevitable about it. These changes make the college game feel like glorified AAU leagues. And like AAU players, the individual is valued over the team/school.

bobinator
AG
I think the timing also makes it look bad because of the COVID class. You have whole class of players who unexpectedly have an extra year of eligibility.

The no-sit transfer has been around in other NCAA sports and they've managed just fine.
JJxvi
AG
Every player is a potential transfer every year with no eligibility penalties. Starters will get lured away to better programs, bench players will leave for opportunities to start. Teams will start turning over most of their roster ever year, imo.
ryange05
AG
Losing Miller hurts no doubt. But lets be honest, no one is going to miss the seniors and this team needed some turnover after the results from this past season. I still believe Buzz is better than Kennedy and will get the job done. Now the whole McNeilly thing (especially the coach) is strange since they have been together for a while. Wouldnt be surprised once he was leaving (on his own or not) he poisoned the well and the other Canucks jumped ship. With the portal like it is, I am glad we have three open spots now.
bobinator
AG
How do you not see the inevitability of it? What justification is there to make players in baseball, hockey, men's and women's basketball, and football sit out but not the other sports?

The first step was the grad transfer, then they had the absurd hardship waiver era where the NCAA was basically being held responsible to adjudicate random claims of hardship. Next logical step is to remove themselves from that process and just make it so players can transfer one time without sitting.

It's also inevitable because schools are trying to stave off having to pay the players. If the players aren't being paid by the schools it's hard to justify why they shouldn't be able to switch schools to maximize their exposure.
Tavares19
AG
Buzz has been a flat out disaster and there is no way to sugarcoat it. He's cratered this program. Gone are the days of building relationships and developing guys for several years and having experienced teams. He has to adapt and fast
bobinator
AG
You can still only transfer once without the penalty. So it's not like every year everyone is a transfer risk.
Texas A&M
Tavares19 said:

Buzz has been a flat out disaster and there is no way to sugarcoat it. He's cratered this program. Gone are the days of building relationships and developing guys for several years and having experienced teams. He has to adapt and fast
Not only has he been a disaster on the court, but this last year he carried it over to off the court (anthem).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.