0-Fer February

2,556 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
barbacoa taco
AG
That sucks. Honestly at this point we should call it a season. This is far too many games missed.
bobinator
AG
Or, just think how fresh we're going to be in Nashville. The guys that have been practicing are going to unveil a whole new offensive system and we're going to blitzkrieg our way to the SECT championship and make the dance.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Also undefeated
Texas A&M
We're a joke of a program at this point. They've all quit.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Surely were still practicing at church right? Will they sell Tix?

Also, #2 Baylor has a similar thing just happen... Covid and logic don't go together so we need to give them all some grace
t - cam
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Surely were still practicing at church right? Will they sell Tix?

Also, #2 Baylor has a similar thing just happen... Covid and logic don't go together so we need to give them all some grace

I'm not sure there's a sports program in the country that's had anything similar to what we just pulled off.

Mikeyshooter
AG
Yeah I don't think anyone has managed to miss 4 straight weeks. It's pretty hard to do if you're following COVID protocols.
Wicked Good Ag
Only cost us a half a million per win for the head coach this year. Win against MISS ST and win one in tourney and we can get that under 400,000
BQ_90
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Only cost us a half a million per win for the head coach this year. Win against MISS ST and win one in tourney and we can get that under 400,000
it's amazing, the Kennedy apologist didn't seem to care about the salary when he was losing games
Pumpkinhead
AG
How in the heck are they going to seed the SECT?
bobinator
AG
by winning percentage I assume.
AggieTFA06
AG
UNDEFEATED IN FEBRUARY!

On another note, if we don't make the NCAA tournament, could we pay to play in the CBI tournament?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
DeangeloVickers
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

UNDEFEATED IN FEBRUARY!

On another note, if we don't make the NCAA tournament, could we pay to play in the CBI tournament?

T-shirts probably carry Covid
Lance Uppercut
AG
After missing some of the earlier games too...there basically was no basketball season.
W
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Yeah I don't think anyone has managed to miss 4 straight weeks. It's pretty hard to do if you're following COVID protocols.
yes, at this point it's obvious the protocols/quarantine are being blown off...and I would guess it's not the adults doing it
Pumpkinhead
AG
2021 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings (kenpom.com)

Only 2 teams currently ranked in the Top-100 in Kenpom have played as few or less total games than Texas A&M who has played 15 games total: St. Bonaventure (#39) and Colgate (#91).

Then about 7 teams ranked between #100 to #150 have played as many or fewer games than A&M. So the occurrence rate of teams missing a bunch of games picks up a bit as the teams get worse.

The bottom 20 teams ranked in D1 on Kenpom, looks like about a third have played 15 or fewer total games (of those that played any).
bobinator
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Then about 7 teams ranked between #100 to #150 have played as many or fewer games than A&M. So the occurrence rate of teams missing a bunch of games picks up a bit as the teams get worse.

The bottom 20 teams ranked in D1 on Kenpom, looks like about a third have played 15 or fewer total games (of those that played any).

I don't think this is because the teams are worse really, but because the schools, in general, have access to fewer resources.

I don't see the point of speculating because I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes that's led to this, but we've definitely been impacted more than any other power conference teams which definitely sucks.
inch05
AG
eh...we're a Women's Basketball School!
LawHall88
AG
Maroon Dawn
AG
LawHall88 said:

Crap

Was hoping we escaped getting embarrassed by piggy
barbacoa taco
AG
LawHall88 said:

Is this the only game that will be made up?

NCAA probably should have postponed march madness at least 2 weeks to allow for makeups...
greg.w.h
AG
larry culpepper said:

LawHall88 said:

Is this the only game that will be made up?

NCAA probably should have postponed march madness at least 2 weeks to allow for makeups...
The NCAA may postpone it but it needs to happen as much on schedule as possible if they want money maximized. Which they do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.