Ags offer 2022 Forward

4,856 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarcAg
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looks like he's gotten several offers in the last two weeks.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Tell em undefeated in February
AgEfan
I like forwards.
TyHolden
AG
hopefully we'll be playing again by the time he gets here
LawHall88
AG
Another one:
MarcAg
AG
Teammate of Obaseki.
fightinags2013
AG
I've seen both of these guys play multiple times this year.

Cohren is going to get to shine next year at JP2 after playing third fiddle to Obaseki and TTU commit Jaylon Tyson, but he shows flashes of greatness.

Jennings plays with Jason Thirdkill for a homeschool team, TACA storm. When they played each other this year in Frisco, JP2 got the win, but Jennings had a few monster dunks. Reminds me a little of Nebo.
Hop
Staff
AG
Interesting because right now A&M has no spots in 2022. For every recruit signed, an existing player must transfer.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Hop said:

Interesting because right now A&M has no spots in 2022. For every recruit signed, an existing player must transfer.

Hop, we go through this all the time. When is the last offseason not one person has bounced?
old yeller
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Tell em undefeated in February
And don't mention March
jja79
AG
I'm still trying to figure out why we're counting McNeilly as in.
Hop
Staff
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Hop said:

Hop, we go through this all the time. When is the last offseason not one person has bounced?

Did I say it wouldn't happen? I just said it would be interesting. With so many freshmen and sophomores on next year's roster along with no seniors, it's harder to find the obvious candidates to transfer.

It's one thing to chase off a kid or two, but to sign a decent sized class of three, that's a lot of cutting to do. Where does it come from? Usually, it's obvious there's a scholly player at the end of the bench that never plays, or a junior/senior looking for more playing time elsewhere.

You gonna process a freshman like Bradford or Hefner after a Covid shortened offseason? Are you going to process Top 75 national prospect Robinson who is 18 years old?

The only other options are juniors Andre Gordon, Miller, or Aku who all play quite a bit now...and all three are projected to start next season. McNeilly is supposedly a great shooter and his uncle is in the staff.

Obviously those spots are coming from somewhere. That's why I said it would be interesting.
Hop
Staff
AG
jja79 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why we're counting McNeilly as in.

Because both the staff and kid say he's still coming...and the kid's uncle is on the staff. That doesn't guarantee it will happen, but right now all parties say it's a go.
MarcAg
AG
Kids decide they wanted to go somewhere they can play or go somewhere closer to home all the time. You don't have to process them, I think we will have kids leave on their own in next 2 years.
jja79
AG
I understand that. When he suits up in year 3 let's see.
Hop
Staff
AG
jja79 said:

I understand that. When he suits up in year 3 let's see.

So since he and the staff say he's coming back, we are assuming he's coming back until we see if he enrolls at A&M in September.
MarcAg
AG
Yep. He is constantly going back and forth with the team and the incoming guys on social media. He posted a pic outside the basketball complex yesterday.

Also...
Method Man
Will not comment on conditioning of player with two years off
DukeMu
Aggie09Derek said:

Hop said:

It was about 3-4 a year under BK.

These things always work out.
Double Diamond
Buzz always over signed at Marquette.
Hop
Staff
AG
Y'all are all arguing a position that was never made. I just said it would be interesting who leaves because on paper there aren't any obvious departures. The staff will potentially have to make some uncomfortable decisions to make with future sophomores they recruited.

I never insinuated that they weren't going to sign anybody in 2022.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Hop said:

Y'all are all arguing a position that was never made. I just said it would be interesting who leaves because on paper there aren't any obvious departures. The staff will potentially have to make some uncomfortable decisions to make with future sophomores they recruited.

Here is what you said for reference:
Quote:

I took that as interesting the offer was made, not interesting to see who would leave.
Hop
Staff
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Hop said:

Here is what you said for reference:
Quote:

I took that as interesting the offer was made, not interesting to see who would leave.

That is a factual statement. There are no spots for 2022, so for every player signed, a current player must leave.

I added that it will be interesting to see what happens because on paper the candidates for transfer aren't obvious given how heavy this roster is with freshmen and seniors. There are only a couple of guys that it could be. Now, E-man could (likely not) leave early or a player flunk out or get hurt. Yes, it will eventually work out. It always does and it has to. It didn't sound like I was suggesting otherwise, but I guess so.

MarcAg
AG
Guys that could transfer in the next 2 off seasons;
Bradford, Hefner, Diarra, Aku, Robinson (hope he doesn't, but if he doesn't get much PT next year I could see him leaving).
Hop
Staff
AG
MarcAg said:

Bradford, Hefner, Diarra, Aku, Robinson (hope he doesn't, but if he doesn't get much PT next year I could see him leaving).

Aku will likely be the starter next year...worst case he's first post off the bench. Depth is thin at the 5, so it's unlikely he leaves. Diarra has started some games and played a lot of minutes as a freshman. There will only be two pure point guards on the team next year.

I realize situations can change pretty quickly with a roster. Again, I keep saying I know there will be turnover. Multiple players will leave.

I'm just saying amthose spots will likely come from four current freshmen. Two of those being Top 50-100 national recruits. Again, I just saying it will be interesting to see who leaves. Even if you assume the two obvious ones (and that's a big assumption for now), there still needs to be a third leave for a very small three person class...which is why I think it will be interesting.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hop, there are a couple of guys like Miller or that 7-footer Brown kid who possibly could decide to go pro after next season depending on how things play out. I'd lean towards guessing no, but it is possible. Also, any chance a guy like Obaseki could turn out to be a one-and-done?
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Hop, there are a couple of guys like Miller or that 7-footer Brown kid who possibly could decide to go pro after next season depending on how things play out. I'd lean towards guessing no, but it is possible. Also, any chance a guy like Obaseki could turn out to be a one-and-done?

Brown isn't going pro in a year.

Miller would have to greatly improve his shot to get a sniff from the nba. He's a SF in the nba.

Obaseki is going to a good college player, but he isn't a one and done.
Hop
Staff
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Miller is a possibility, but he's a tweener at the next level. Brown doesn't have the profile of going pro after one year. He's also pretty skinny at this point.

Obaseki is an athletic player on an elite scale, but he's not an elite scorer yet. He's a solid outside shooter, but not a sharpshooter. I think he'll stay in college for 2-3 years, but we'll see.
rlb28
AG
Haven't found anymore information on kid in the OP, except that since A&M offered in Feb he's received offers from LSU, UH and TCU.
Method Man
In retrospect, McNeilly was a fat ass puss who never played a minute and took our best player with him.
MarcAg
AG
MarcAg said:

Well we are 3/5ths of the way there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.